Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree9Likes

Smile Re: Rant: Thanks for Ignoring us Google

Quote Originally Posted by th0r615 View Post
    How many Android phones actually had Bing? 2?

Here's a good question: Where would Android be without Verizon's Droid campaign?

Google doesn't play favorites. They gave T-Mobile 2 Nexus phones, Sprint 1, and AT&T 1, Verizon's turn now.
    Finally, just when I thought I'd never see anyone address the fact that brought Verizon the exclusiive on the GNex, this time around. I don't understand how so mamy people overlooked, nary mention, that.

Default Re: Rant: Thanks for Ignoring us Google

How bout the fact that this is a phone designed to showcase software not only optimized for a dual core phone but also for one running on LTE. Verizon has the largest LTE network in the US. It only makes sense to choose VZW to show off ICS's capabilities on the network with the widest customer base able to enjoy all of its features and enhancements.

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Orange 645 View Post
    How bout the fact that this is a phone designed to showcase software not only optimized for a dual core phone but also for one running on LTE. Verizon has the largest LTE network in the US. It only makes sense to choose VZW to show off ICS's capabilities on the network with the widest customer base able to enjoy all of its features and enhancements.
    Not if you want to make money on device.

Sure it is a good idea to show off stuff but what good is showing off capabilities to roughly 100 million people when the rest of the carriers have almost twice that.

Basically telco carriers need to get out of the business of selling phones and get into the business of selling service.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Orange 645 View Post
    Maybe, but the fact is the international version will work for both AT&T and T-Mobile, so there is no reason why they couldn't just sell that one subsidized at Best Buy or even in stores. They already have a version that will work for T-Mobile and AT&T and the demand is there, so I don't know what is stopping them.

Honestly, I think if T-Mobile and AT&T told Google they wanted it then they would get it, so I think it is the carriers fault.

i have a theory - Google doesn't want to push and market the G-Nex too hard. why? because they don't want to alienate and sabotage their hardware partners. they don't want to cannibalize all of the other hordes of currently selling Google phones out there. so Google WANTS a soft, ambiguous launch.

Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB v0.6.1 (D), CM7 (N)

I've felt the exact same way towards T-Mobile since the Nexus One. I didn't post childish rants about how T-Mobile didn't deserve it because they don't have service everywhere, though.

At least you can still get the Nexus on your network. If Verizon hadn't specifically carried the Nexus, all of their customers would have been instantly shafted on getting it. And no, I don't at all think a Fascinate II would make up for that.

Sprint customers are the ones that should be upset. They're the ones that potentially may not get it at all now. And that'd be a damn shame.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12