Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock/CM10.1 soon

Default Rant: Thanks for Ignoring us Google

Thank you google for ignoring the carriers that do not put BING on your phones. Thanks for taking the time to notice the carrier that has carried the first Nexus Device and the second and the first ever android Phone does not deserve this. Thank you for choosing to jump into bed with Verizon rather then allowing as many of your dedicated fans as possible to enjoy this phone. Thanks for making it so that the Developers who had made their homes on other carriers have to switch in order to develop on a pure device. Thanks for putting the phone on a carrier that will make pure android = Controlled android. I just think that making the Galaxy Nexus an Exclusive to Verizon was not the best choice for consumers, the brand, developers. And besides T-mobile needs this phone like a fish needs water. Need I remind you all that they are now the only one of the big four iphone-less. And the android phones they have are not really that great compared to the Evo-3D and the Droid Razr.
    Nexus 4

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan jones View Post
    Thank you google for ignoring the carriers that do not put BING on your phones. Thanks for taking the time to notice the carrier that has carried the first Nexus Device and the second and the first ever android Phone does not deserve this. Thank you for choosing to jump into bed with Verizon rather then allowing as many of your dedicated fans as possible to enjoy this phone. Thanks for making it so that the Developers who had made their homes on other carriers have to switch in order to develop on a pure device. Thanks for putting the phone on a carrier that will make pure android = Controlled android. I just think that making the Galaxy Nexus an Exclusive to Verizon was not the best choice for consumers, the brand, developers. And besides T-mobile needs this phone like a fish needs water. Need I remind you all that they are now the only one of the big four iphone-less. And the android phones they have are not really that great compared to the Evo-3D and the Droid Razr.
    Wow, I guess the amaze 4g that was reviewed must suck... anyways, developers can still develop on pure unmolested ics on all 4 carriers. You do know the nexus s is still available right? And that it isn't a legacy device. And that if you really wanted a galaxy nexus you could still get it for the GSM carriers off contract? Sure I wish it wasn't exclusive, by its not like here aren't other options available to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ruffolo View Post
    Wow, I guess the amaze 4g that was reviewed must suck... anyways, developers can still develop on pure unmolested ics on all 4 carriers. You do know the nexus s is still available right? And that it isn't a legacy device. And that if you really wanted a galaxy nexus you could still get it for the GSM carriers off contract? Sure I wish it wasn't exclusive, by its not like here aren't other options available to you.
    Right GSM you have options and the truly devoted will use those options. From a business aspect you seriously cant wonder they picked verizon over t mobile

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

ROM
    Stock 4.0.1 Rooted

Default Re: Rant: Thanks for Ignoring us Google

I'd like to point you in the direction of an article by a chap called Phil Nickinson (you may have heard of him)
    http://www.androidcentral.com/verizo...t-exactly-true

After that I suggest you take a chill pill, do some deep breathing, take a stroll in the countryside, have a long relaxing soak in a hot bath or whatever it is you need to to to calm down.
    Last edited by Hearthatvoiceagain; 10-27-2011 at 04:56 AM. Reason: Profanity removed
    justfixit likes this.

Even if you were correct (which you're not); You have to keep in mind that prior to this phone, VZW users have received zero love for Nexus devices. Were you complaining then?
    "Some see the glass as half-empty, some see the glass as half-full. I see the glass as too big."
    - George Carlin
    Averix, Mooem and justfixit like this.

ROM
    AOKP

I was upset too, just get the Galaxy S II
    ~Let's Win & Cry About It~

Global Posts
    263 Global Posts
    ROM
    bugless beast

Wow somebody is upset. I'm pretty sure you will be able to get it eventually.

Global Posts
    925 Global Posts

Google has shown T-mobile lots of love in the past. Now that they have made an exclusivity deal with Verizon on one Nexus phone (which more than likely won't be permanent), it's suddenly betrayal?

Verizon has a huge subscriber base with the largest and most rapidly expanding LTE network in the U.S. T-Mobile has the prospect of being merged with AT&T (even if it's on shaky ground). It makes good business sense, in this case, to make an exclusivity deal if that's what it took to get the Nexus on Verizon's fastest network right now.

I wouldn't get wound up over this so much. The Nexus most certainly won't be the only ICS phone to come out soon and it most certainly will be available to other carriers some time after Verizon's is released.

Thanks Google for showing some love and support for the only real 4g network in the us. Thanks for making t-mobile and AT&T wait a month to get some Galaxy Nexus love for shoving fake 4g into my face for the last year.
    Androidoholic

Global Posts
    738 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB 4.1 Franco rr230

Even though it is a bit sad that its going to VZW first (exclusive would be AT&T the only carrier the iPhone was on for 4 years); it isn't a big deal to me. There are plenty other ways to get this phone. Granted none of them will be as easy as walking into the store and picking it up, but its still going to be available. You just need to use your noggin.
    Galaxy Nexus

Nokia 920

Moto X

ROM
    Bamf Paradigm

did i dream that this was 'exclusive' to Verizon for all time?

didn't i read/see a picture of a webpage somewhere that shows there were multiple carriers listed for the device? ( source=http://news.softpedia.com/news/GALAX...s-228827.shtml) perhaps that was prematurely done by Google
    Last edited by project.in.process; 10-27-2011 at 10:19 AM.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

ROM
    Stock/CM10.1 soon

Ok i guess I am a little more mad then I should be but of all the companies why Verizon? Do they not have the Droid Bionic, Droid Razr, HTC Resound in the pipeline. I am angry because over the same time T-mobile and AT&T in the meantime get Samsung Galaxy S, Atrix 2, and the Amaze. The Amaze is a great phone don't get me wrong. Its just doesn't stank out that well when it goes against Photons, Bionics, or droid Razr. Looking at T-mobile it seems they are really becoming the blacksheep of the big four. Also importing phones is especially the nexus is normally not a good choice as they have previously had lower quality screens then the american Version. If it does go the best buy exclusive way I will pick one up. I just would rather not have it stuck to one network.
    Nexus 4
    Account Deactivated

Global Posts
    1,478 Global Posts

Awww.....

Someone needs a hug!
    god of thunder.

ROM
    Latest CyanogenMod

Ok i guess I am a little more mad then I should be but of all the companies why Verizon?
    I don't think it has anything to do with the fact that its America's largest carrier or that its the best network and definitely not because its the fastest.... yeah any of those can't be the reason.

WHAT WHERE YOU THINKING GOOGLE!?
    MetalPhoenix79 likes this.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

ROM
    Stock/CM10.1 soon

Quote Originally Posted by th0r615 View Post
    I don't think it has anything to do with the fact that its America's largest carrier or that its the best network and definitely not because its the fastest.... yeah any of those can't be the reason.

WHAT WHERE YOU THINKING GOOGLE!?
    I say why verizon because of the Bing ordeal. And also because you sell more phones by being on more carriers. Exclusive is not the best thing to sell phones.
    Last edited by Jordan jones; 10-27-2011 at 01:41 PM.
    Nexus 4
    god of thunder.

ROM
    Latest CyanogenMod

How many Android phones actually had Bing? 2?

Here's a good question: Where would Android be without Verizon's Droid campaign?

Google doesn't play favorites. They gave T-Mobile 2 Nexus phones, Sprint 1, and AT&T 1, Verizon's turn now.
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #17  

ROM
    Stock/CM10.1 soon

I say why verizon because of the Bing ordeal. Because they restrict their phones the most. And yes it is great to have you phone on the largest network. But believe it or not it is better to have it on all of the big four carriers.
    Signature
    Nexus 4
    god of thunder.

ROM
    Latest CyanogenMod

Ite better to have every phone on every carrier. It just doesn't happen. Nothing new here.
    Alp

Quote Originally Posted by th0r615 View Post
    Ite better to have every phone on every carrier. It just doesn't happen. Nothing new here.
    doesn't seem to be a big problem in smaller countries

Thank you verizon!

Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    ROM
    Vanilla

Cry me a river chap. I've had the same argument for the past 2 years. You got enjoy Nexus One and S. While VZW users were chafted. Its our turn. And its not like the other carriers won't get it. You just need to wait a little longer. Big whoop.
    Thanked by:
    1088933 and hyperdude like this.

Don't forget that Samsung may have had input too.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Tom S. View Post
    Don't forget that Samsung may have had input too.

About this much

Verizon users always whine "we didn't get the Galaxy S2 so we deserve the Nexus..." WRONG. Its not like Samsung kept you from getting the S2, Verizon did. THEY decided not to have it.

If this is a deal Google made with Verizon, then shame on them, it was a stupid move because I know several people in my office alone that were going to buy the Galaxy Nexus for themselves for Christmas, but they aren't willing to switch carriers for it.Some will probably still get the unlocked version, but not most.

I personally think that at this point in time the carriers are choosing not to have it (yet). I very well could be wrong, but I would think if it was up to Google they would have pushed it to all carriers. In order to be the "iPhone killer" it was meant to be then it has to be available on all the carriers so that it can really compete.

If they think the HTC Vigor and Samsung Skyrocket will be enough for us then they are dead wrong. I couldn't care less about LTE because my area won't have it until late 2013. Heck, we won't even have the fake 4G until this coming March.

Global Posts
    527 Global Posts

I'm sure Google gave the largest of the minor league all the consideration it deserved.

Considering it's actually had two Nexus launches, I'd say it was far more actually.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast