Rant: Thanks for Ignoring us Google

Jordan jones

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Thank you google for ignoring the carriers that do not put BING on your phones. Thanks for taking the time to notice the carrier that has carried the first Nexus Device and the second and the first ever android Phone does not deserve this. Thank you for choosing to jump into bed with Verizon rather then allowing as many of your dedicated fans as possible to enjoy this phone. Thanks for making it so that the Developers who had made their homes on other carriers have to switch in order to develop on a pure device. Thanks for putting the phone on a carrier that will make pure android = Controlled android. I just think that making the Galaxy Nexus an Exclusive to Verizon was not the best choice for consumers, the brand, developers. And besides T-mobile needs this phone like a fish needs water. Need I remind you all that they are now the only one of the big four iphone-less. And the android phones they have are not really that great compared to the Evo-3D and the Droid Razr.

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
Thank you google for ignoring the carriers that do not put BING on your phones. Thanks for taking the time to notice the carrier that has carried the first Nexus Device and the second and the first ever android Phone does not deserve this. Thank you for choosing to jump into bed with Verizon rather then allowing as many of your dedicated fans as possible to enjoy this phone. Thanks for making it so that the Developers who had made their homes on other carriers have to switch in order to develop on a pure device. Thanks for putting the phone on a carrier that will make pure android = Controlled android. I just think that making the Galaxy Nexus an Exclusive to Verizon was not the best choice for consumers, the brand, developers. And besides T-mobile needs this phone like a fish needs water. Need I remind you all that they are now the only one of the big four iphone-less. And the android phones they have are not really that great compared to the Evo-3D and the Droid Razr.

Wow, I guess the amaze 4g that was reviewed must suck... anyways, developers can still develop on pure unmolested ics on all 4 carriers. You do know the nexus s is still available right? And that it isn't a legacy device. And that if you really wanted a galaxy nexus you could still get it for the GSM carriers off contract? Sure I wish it wasn't exclusive, by its not like here aren't other options available to you.

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site
Wow, I guess the amaze 4g that was reviewed must suck... anyways, developers can still develop on pure unmolested ics on all 4 carriers. You do know the nexus s is still available right? And that it isn't a legacy device. And that if you really wanted a galaxy nexus you could still get it for the GSM carriers off contract? Sure I wish it wasn't exclusive, by its not like here aren't other options available to you.

Right GSM you have options and the truly devoted will use those options. From a business aspect you seriously cant wonder they picked verizon over t mobile

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Hearthatvoiceagain

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Even if you were correct (which you're not); You have to keep in mind that prior to this phone, VZW users have received zero love for Nexus devices. Were you complaining then?

dd0yl3

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site

Wow somebody is upset. I'm pretty sure you will be able to get it eventually.

Mooem

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Google has shown T-mobile lots of love in the past. Now that they have made an exclusivity deal with Verizon on one Nexus phone (which more than likely won't be permanent), it's suddenly betrayal?

Verizon has a huge subscriber base with the largest and most rapidly expanding LTE network in the U.S. T-Mobile has the prospect of being merged with AT&T (even if it's on shaky ground). It makes good business sense, in this case, to make an exclusivity deal if that's what it took to get the Nexus on Verizon's fastest network right now.

I wouldn't get wound up over this so much. The Nexus most certainly won't be the only ICS phone to come out soon and it most certainly will be available to other carriers some time after Verizon's is released.

JediJesus95

Nov 1, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Google for showing some love and support for the only real 4g network in the us. Thanks for making t-mobile and AT&T wait a month to get some Galaxy Nexus love for shoving fake 4g into my face for the last year.

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Even though it is a bit sad that its going to VZW first (exclusive would be AT&T the only carrier the iPhone was on for 4 years); it isn't a big deal to me. There are plenty other ways to get this phone. Granted none of them will be as easy as walking into the store and picking it up, but its still going to be available. You just need to use your noggin.

Jordan jones

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok i guess I am a little more mad then I should be but of all the companies why Verizon? Do they not have the Droid Bionic, Droid Razr, HTC Resound in the pipeline. I am angry because over the same time T-mobile and AT&T in the meantime get Samsung Galaxy S, Atrix 2, and the Amaze. The Amaze is a great phone don't get me wrong. Its just doesn't stank out that well when it goes against Photons, Bionics, or droid Razr. Looking at T-mobile it seems they are really becoming the blacksheep of the big four. Also importing phones is especially the nexus is normally not a good choice as they have previously had lower quality screens then the american Version. If it does go the best buy exclusive way I will pick one up. I just would rather not have it stuck to one network.

Adrynalyne

Account Deactivated
Dec 24, 2009
Visit site

Awww.....

Someone needs a hug!

th0r615

god of thunder.
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
Ok i guess I am a little more mad then I should be but of all the companies why Verizon?
I don't think it has anything to do with the fact that its America's largest carrier or that its the best network and definitely not because its the fastest.... yeah any of those can't be the reason.

WHAT WHERE YOU THINKING GOOGLE!?

Jordan jones

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it has anything to do with the fact that its America's largest carrier or that its the best network and definitely not because its the fastest.... yeah any of those can't be the reason.

WHAT WHERE YOU THINKING GOOGLE!?

I say why verizon because of the Bing ordeal. And also because you sell more phones by being on more carriers. Exclusive is not the best thing to sell phones.

Last edited:

th0r615

god of thunder.
Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
How many Android phones actually had Bing? 2?

Here's a good question: Where would Android be without Verizon's Droid campaign?

Google doesn't play favorites. They gave T-Mobile 2 Nexus phones, Sprint 1, and AT&T 1, Verizon's turn now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae