LTE Galaxy Nexus?

CZ Eddie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
They will not have an LTE Nexus this year or even Q1 of next year.
I'm not an insider, but I wanted this thing pretty bad and I've done all the google homework on it.

They MIGHT get a non-LTE Nexus within the next few months though.

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
They will not have an LTE Nexus this year or even Q1 of next year.
I'm not an insider, but I wanted this thing pretty bad and I've done all the google homework on it.

They MIGHT get a non-LTE Nexus within the next few months though.
If you dont mind me asking, what makes you so sure? What have you read that says this?

CZ Eddie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
If you dont mind me asking, what makes you so sure? What have you read that says this?

About 30 days of google. Here are a few bullet points.

• The GSM Nexus has already passed FCC without LTE.
  • There have been no rumors at all of a non-Verizon LTE Nexus at anytime in the future.
  • Verizon has already claimed LTE Nexus exclusivity.

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
About 30 days of google. Here are a few bullet points.

• The GSM Nexus has already passed FCC without LTE.
  • There have been no rumors at all of a non-Verizon LTE Nexus at anytime in the future.
  • Verizon has already claimed LTE Nexus exclusivity.

I can see what you mean, but just because there are no rumors doesnt mean it wont happen in the future. Im just keeping my eyes open. Also I didnt know that Verizon claimed exclusivity on LTE. I thought they originally had exclusive on their site but removed it. Can you give me a link to that?

If they did claim exclusivity then I guess there will be no att version. Unless its a exclusive deal for a few months and then att releases theirs later? Thats a possibility :)

sucram6791#IM

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
ive got a couple of things to say:

1) op: i thought the same exact thing
2) CZ Eddie, i totally understand why you say no lte galaxy nexus, but just like Mac58 said, no rumors doesnt mean no lte

verizon DID claim exclusivity but then they removed it and even when they did claim it, there wasnt any details on what was "exclusive"

3) i'm not saying there will or wont be an lte galaxy nexus , but after the announcement of the HSPA+/LTE phones, there is no reason to NOT think it is possible

liquiddawn

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
From what I understand ATT is definitely getting the Galaxy Nexus and that it's coming out at the end of this month. I wrote the entire story in my other post but really quickly; I just left the ATT store about 40 minutes ago. I asked about the Galaxy Nexus and the employee had no clue about it. He called someone and left it on speakerphone, this guy knew about the phone as he answered right away and said, yes we are getting it and it's sometime the end of this month, we just don't know when.

At this point I'm really, really excited because I really don't want to pay $600 for an unlocked version and this employee on the phone definitely knew what the phone was as he answered right away.

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
From what I understand ATT is definitely getting the Galaxy Nexus and that it's coming out at the end of this month. I wrote the entire story in my other post but really quickly; I just left the ATT store about 40 minutes ago. I asked about the Galaxy Nexus and the employee had no clue about it. He called someone and left it on speakerphone, this guy knew about the phone as he answered right away and said, yes we are getting it and it's sometime the end of this month, we just don't know when.

At this point I'm really, really excited because I really don't want to pay $600 for an unlocked version and this employee on the phone definitely knew what the phone was as he answered right away.

If this is true and its LTE, then ATT might get my vote over verizon. It will be interesting to see how this plays out

liquiddawn

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Not sure if it's LTE as I didn't even ask about any of that, I've just been bummed out because I was trying to stomach having to pay $600 for this phone unlocked just to use it on ATT. Seeing as most of us by now have seen that the GSM version does exist, I doubt ATT will have it in LTE form. Maybe that's what Verizon claimed exclusivity on earlier(before taking it off their banner) Even so though, I'm just damn excited that they are even getting the phone at all.

Savetherocks

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I think there's a pretty slim chance that a subsidized version of the phone will come to At&t at all, let alone an LTE version. If there was one, they probably would've announced it at the same time as their other new LTE smartphones.

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I wish AT&T would announce it. It would make a great black Friday release. then they could steal a little thunder from Verizon.

milan03

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I would advise you all to not waste your hopes on LTE AT&T version anytime soon. Verizon has the exclusivity for the U.S. the phone does LTE block 13, it's incompatible with AT&T's LTE. It's coming on AT&T as an HSPA+ device probably next year.

anon(464338)

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I would advise you all to not waste your hopes on LTE AT&T version anytime soon. Verizon has the exclusivity for the U.S. the phone does LTE block 13, it's incompatible with AT&T's LTE. It's coming on AT&T as an HSPA+ device probably next year.

I hope it isn't next year

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

fogel35

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site

I don't even care about an LTE version on the phone and it is up to Samsung and Google if they want to kill sales on this device by being exclusive over the holidays.

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I don't even care about an LTE version on the phone and it is up to Samsung and Google if they want to kill sales on this device by being exclusive over the holidays.

I'm pretty sure the exclusivity is just for the LTE (in the USA) part of the phone. We shall see soon enough!

milan03

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
You can always buy the international unlocked version, it's coming out on the 17th in the UK. It's kinda pricey though...

fogel35

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
You can always buy the international unlocked version, it's coming out on the 17th in the UK. It's kinda pricey though...

I would think Amazon or Best Buy mobile will offer up this phone either unlocked or (crossing fingers ) for an on contract price if at&t is too obtuse to want to get behind this phone.