Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LTE Galaxy Nexus?

With the announcement of the GS2 Skyrocket, anyone think the At&t version will have LTE?

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: LTE Galaxy Nexus?

They will not have an LTE Nexus this year or even Q1 of next year.
    I'm not an insider, but I wanted this thing pretty bad and I've done all the google homework on it.

They MIGHT get a non-LTE Nexus within the next few months though.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by CZ Eddie View Post
    They will not have an LTE Nexus this year or even Q1 of next year.
    I'm not an insider, but I wanted this thing pretty bad and I've done all the google homework on it.

They MIGHT get a non-LTE Nexus within the next few months though.
    If you dont mind me asking, what makes you so sure? What have you read that says this?

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Mac58 View Post
    If you dont mind me asking, what makes you so sure? What have you read that says this?
    About 30 days of google. Here are a few bullet points.

• The GSM Nexus has already passed FCC without LTE.
    • There have been no rumors at all of a non-Verizon LTE Nexus at anytime in the future.
    • Verizon has already claimed LTE Nexus exclusivity.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by CZ Eddie View Post
    About 30 days of google. Here are a few bullet points.

• The GSM Nexus has already passed FCC without LTE.
    • There have been no rumors at all of a non-Verizon LTE Nexus at anytime in the future.
    • Verizon has already claimed LTE Nexus exclusivity.
    I can see what you mean, but just because there are no rumors doesnt mean it wont happen in the future. Im just keeping my eyes open. Also I didnt know that Verizon claimed exclusivity on LTE. I thought they originally had exclusive on their site but removed it. Can you give me a link to that?

If they did claim exclusivity then I guess there will be no att version. Unless its a exclusive deal for a few months and then att releases theirs later? Thats a possibility

ive got a couple of things to say:

1) op: i thought the same exact thing
    2) CZ Eddie, i totally understand why you say no lte galaxy nexus, but just like Mac58 said, no rumors doesnt mean no lte

verizon DID claim exclusivity but then they removed it and even when they did claim it, there wasnt any details on what was "exclusive"

3) i'm not saying there will or wont be an lte galaxy nexus , but after the announcement of the HSPA+/LTE phones, there is no reason to NOT think it is possible

there is no reason to not at least think that there could be an lte/hspa+ galaxy nexus on at&t

From what I understand ATT is definitely getting the Galaxy Nexus and that it's coming out at the end of this month. I wrote the entire story in my other post but really quickly; I just left the ATT store about 40 minutes ago. I asked about the Galaxy Nexus and the employee had no clue about it. He called someone and left it on speakerphone, this guy knew about the phone as he answered right away and said, yes we are getting it and it's sometime the end of this month, we just don't know when.

At this point I'm really, really excited because I really don't want to pay $600 for an unlocked version and this employee on the phone definitely knew what the phone was as he answered right away.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by liquiddawn View Post
    From what I understand ATT is definitely getting the Galaxy Nexus and that it's coming out at the end of this month. I wrote the entire story in my other post but really quickly; I just left the ATT store about 40 minutes ago. I asked about the Galaxy Nexus and the employee had no clue about it. He called someone and left it on speakerphone, this guy knew about the phone as he answered right away and said, yes we are getting it and it's sometime the end of this month, we just don't know when.

At this point I'm really, really excited because I really don't want to pay $600 for an unlocked version and this employee on the phone definitely knew what the phone was as he answered right away.
    If this is true and its LTE, then ATT might get my vote over verizon. It will be interesting to see how this plays out

Not sure if it's LTE as I didn't even ask about any of that, I've just been bummed out because I was trying to stomach having to pay $600 for this phone unlocked just to use it on ATT. Seeing as most of us by now have seen that the GSM version does exist, I doubt ATT will have it in LTE form. Maybe that's what Verizon claimed exclusivity on earlier(before taking it off their banner) Even so though, I'm just damn excited that they are even getting the phone at all.

I think there's a pretty slim chance that a subsidized version of the phone will come to At&t at all, let alone an LTE version. If there was one, they probably would've announced it at the same time as their other new LTE smartphones.

ROM
    Stock

idk about that^ he nexus s is subsidized on at&t but they never announced it

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts

Post Re: LTE Galaxy Nexus?

Quote Originally Posted by sucram6791 View Post
    idk about that^ he nexus s is subsidized on at&t but they never announced it
    Are u sure, I dont think there ever was a ATT subsidized nexus. The Nexus S was subsidized and sold through best buy but not through ATT....

Global Posts
    362 Global Posts

I wish AT&T would announce it. It would make a great black Friday release. then they could steal a little thunder from Verizon.

I would advise you all to not waste your hopes on LTE AT&T version anytime soon. Verizon has the exclusivity for the U.S. the phone does LTE block 13, it's incompatible with AT&T's LTE. It's coming on AT&T as an HSPA+ device probably next year.
    T-Mobile 4G LTE

Quote Originally Posted by milan03 View Post
    I would advise you all to not waste your hopes on LTE AT&T version anytime soon. Verizon has the exclusivity for the U.S. the phone does LTE block 13, it's incompatible with AT&T's LTE. It's coming on AT&T as an HSPA+ device probably next year.
    I hope it isn't next year

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts

I don't even care about an LTE version on the phone and it is up to Samsung and Google if they want to kill sales on this device by being exclusive over the holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by fogel35 View Post
    I don't even care about an LTE version on the phone and it is up to Samsung and Google if they want to kill sales on this device by being exclusive over the holidays.
    I'm pretty sure the exclusivity is just for the LTE (in the USA) part of the phone. We shall see soon enough!

You can always buy the international unlocked version, it's coming out on the 17th in the UK. It's kinda pricey though...
    T-Mobile 4G LTE

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts

You can always buy the international unlocked version, it's coming out on the 17th in the UK. It's kinda pricey though...
    I would think Amazon or Best Buy mobile will offer up this phone either unlocked or (crossing fingers ) for an on contract price if at&t is too obtuse to want to get behind this phone.

Is anyone looking at getting the Motorola razr?

Don't get me wrong I really love my X2 but I have been eligible for a upgrade for sometime now and would like to have some input on what the differences would be or the benefits of having the razr and I am not really putting 4g into account so I would appreciate and value some opinions.

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by materhead007 View Post
    Don't get me wrong I really love my X2 but I have been eligible for a upgrade for sometime now and would like to have some input on what the differences would be or the benefits of having the razr and I am not really putting 4g into account so I would appreciate and value some opinions.
    I think you may want to ask that question in the Verizon Galaxy Nexus Forum.

The problem is that there is an LTE version and an HSPA+ version, but there's been no talk of one phone that handles both. AT&T's whole spiel on LTE phones was that their LTE phones would be able to switch from LTE to HSPA+ with a circuit switching technology that would not require 2 radios to be powered simultaneously. For that reason alone, I doubt we'll see a Galaxy Nexus with LTE on AT&T anytime soon.

ROM
    Stock

why does everyone keep saying exclusive? there isn't anything that states they have exclusive rights to the phone or LTE
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast