Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Future) Owners Club

TheMafro

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Anyone had any updates from Handtec? SPB Shell is losing the plot on my Galaxy and I can't be bothered reconfiguring Go Launcher.... so just waiting for the new one!

Sucks being ahead of the UK right now! :)

The last update still says "Stock is expected week commencing 21/11". I'll give them a day or two and if I hear nothing by Wednesday I'm just cancelling and ordering one on PAYG from Three (they are unlocked and it works out ?5 cheaper). I would have actually done that in the first place had I known Three were selling them unlocked and before Handtec.

Hearthatvoiceagain

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
BREAKING NEWS !!!!!!!!!

from Handtec

We will begin shipping on the 22nd November with all back orders being shipped by the 23rd - Any orders placed now will be shipped 23/24 November. Please check our blog entry for up to date info.

TheMafro

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
A few were dispatched from Handtec, but they have put the rest of the orders on hold due to being able to recreate the volume problem on some of their units.

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I ordered mine and told them to ship it even with a possible issue. The issue is with the use of the international version on the 900 Mhz band. That's not used in the States, so I don't care. Besides, worst case I just have to pay for the postage there and back for the recall.

I'm getting it tomorrow. Sweet.

Natalieann75

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
I got an email saying mine has been shipped but I kinda wanted to hold off till the issue was sorted. Optus over here will likely be affected. Hopefully they don't make me pay P& P if it's stuffed and I need to send it back if I have to..

Hearthatvoiceagain

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
After sleeping on it I have requested that handtec send mine. As I'm on t-mobile I will be less likely to be effected by this and I'm sure a patch/fix will be made available shortly.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Natalieann75

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Handtec. Gotta give those guys credit. They respond to you straight away. They seem to think AU, customers won't have the issue but Optus here is is on the 900mh so I reckon there is a good chance.

However! The assured me they will cover all costs.... but here's hoping the fix takes care of it all. Hoping to see mine by tomorrow... fingers crossed!

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Handtec. Gotta give those guys credit. They respond to you straight away. They seem to think AU, customers won't have the issue but Optus here is is on the 900mh so I reckon there is a good chance.

However! The assured me they will cover all costs.... but here's hoping the fix takes care of it all. Hoping to see mine by tomorrow... fingers crossed!

I went with Handtec too. I've been pretty impressed with their response. The bad thing is I was one of the people who had a tracking number issued but in reality there was no phone due to the warehouse issue. Hopefully it will go out on the 25th.

adp192

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
i got a tracking number early yesterday morning from handtec but early today they sent me an email saying my order has been cancelled, apparently they have screwed up their information and sent my phone to someone else, and now they have ran out of stock as samsung halted stock shipping in response to the volume bug. my phone may actually be somewhere in Australia right now but is going to arrive at someone else's doorsetp! :( gotta wait for their new batch which will take an extra week at least to get here.

not. happy.

Hearthatvoiceagain

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
F### waiting. I have got pissed off with the delays from handtec. So I dashed down to my nearest Phones4U and got the last phone they had. £20 more but I have it in my hand. This is probably my last post from the desire,

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Natalieann75

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
Just checked my DHL shipping number and see that it's arrived in scorching hot Perth at nine pm last night. Lucky I took half a day off work today!!

Although I know I'm gonna be screwed with this volume thing...

Hearthatvoiceagain

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Just thought I'd drop in and say hi from the Nexus. Still getting used to ics and its little foibles but its a beautiful device.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
i got a tracking number early yesterday morning from handtec but early today they sent me an email saying my order has been cancelled, apparently they have screwed up their information and sent my phone to someone else, and now they have ran out of stock as samsung halted stock shipping in response to the volume bug. my phone may actually be somewhere in Australia right now but is going to arrive at someone else's doorsetp! :( gotta wait for their new batch which will take an extra week at least to get here.

not. happy.
Their blog says they're going to upgrade the shipping for all people because of the hassle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci