Buying unlocked

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
I plan on buying this unlocked as soon as available. Since the gsm/hspa+ comes out on the 17th in Europe how long after that will we be able to buy? Also, where's the best place to buy?

I'm sure amazon/newegg etc... will get it soon but are there options that get it quicker?

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I plan on buying this unlocked as soon as available. Since the gsm/hspa+ comes out on the 17th in Europe how long after that will we be able to buy? Also, where's the best place to buy?

I'm sure amazon/newegg etc... will get it soon but are there options that get it quicker?

When did the 17th get confirmed? Is that for the 32GB too? Can you give a link?

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
If the Canadian carriers get it ...which was reported on the Engadget Mobile podcast, would that be a possible place to acquire it? That should be the same phone that we will get right?

Zendroid1

Trusted Member
Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
This is kind of exciting knowing it is released this week but I have no clue when I'll get it!

I've pre-ordered from Expansys.

UltraDroid

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't believe that the 32 Gb version is available yet on the International version, so if you buy early, it will have to be the 16 Gb version.

-Mike

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
I don't believe that the 32 Gb version is available yet on the International version, so if you buy early, it will have to be the 16 Gb version.

-Mike

Ouch. I preordered the 32GB on ebay as the GSM international version. I hope it comes out soon.

noir24

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
i bet Galaxy Nexus will have it
didnt google sell teh nexus one and teh nexus s from their nexus portal?

Back then you could get the Nexus One from google, subsizided for T-mobile or unlocked for AT&T. Not long after though Google killed off selling the phones themselves. They will more than likely not sell the Galaxy Nexus themselves. Would be nice though since buying my Nexus One directly from Google was such a painless experience.

noir24

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
why is it that that chart with sites to buy, negri is supposed to be 689.50 but it says 769.50 on the site?

The chart is probably showing the original listing price that they had. Negri electronics upped the price later on and thats what you are seeing on their site.

Gary86

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
My question is...how do you activate it on AT&T since they actually don't sell it. My situation is:

on a iPhone 4S so the SIM won't fit. if I buy a new SIM from AT&T will they activate it? Also, does the UK version come with all the apps the US version would come with and does it have a SD card slot?

How long before AT&T actually gets this phone?

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
My question is...how do you activate it on AT&T since they actually don't sell it. My situation is:

on a iPhone 4S so the SIM won't fit. if I buy a new SIM from AT&T will they activate it? Also, does the UK version come with all the apps the US version would come with and does it have a SD card slot?

How long before AT&T actually gets this phone?

I think it's $25 for a new SIM. I wouldn't count on this phone on ATT until Q2 2012. I'm going international. I just read it doesn't have flash. That sucks.

Savetherocks

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
I think it's $25 for a new SIM. I wouldn't count on this phone on ATT until Q2 2012. I'm going international. I just read it doesn't have flash. That sucks.

Normally, you can just tell them that you broke your SIM card and they'll just give you a new one, already activated and ready to put into your phone.

Gary86

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site

The UK version doesn't have flash? I was looking to import one too but the lack of SD slot is kind of steering me away. 16GB isn't enough. Also, will all the apps from the imported UK version work as if it was a US version? Do these come with UK or US chargers?