Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Importing Galaxy Nexus

    Im considering importing the GNex if this Verizon exclusivity turns out to be true. Which site is the best to import from and will ship out your phone at a relatively fast rate?
  2. #2  
    sucram6791's Avatar

    Posts
    57 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Importing Galaxy Nexus

    amazon is always a great place
  3. #3  

    Default Re: Importing Galaxy Nexus

    Quote Originally Posted by sucram6791 View Post
    amazon is always a great place
    We'd have to wait until Amazon US sold it though. I don't think Amazon UK will ship phones to the US.
  4. #4  
    sucram6791's Avatar

    Posts
    57 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Importing Galaxy Nexus

    ebay works too
  5. #5  

    Default Re: Importing Galaxy Nexus

    Make sure you get a warranty where ever you end up getting it from.
  6. #6  
    sucram6791's Avatar

    Posts
    57 Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: Importing Galaxy Nexus

    sqauretrade has amazing warranties ^
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Importing Galaxy Nexus

    Anyone find a good place to get one? I am going to see about selling an iPhone for $400 over what I pay (so $600 for an iPhone 4S). I will then sell my current iPhone 4 for about $350, bringing me to $650 towards the Galaxy Nexus. However, the only one I see on eBay is $900. Where is the best place to buy one?

    I don't need it right away, I care more about it being cheaper than timely.

    I plan to wait until December 1st to start doing this so I have time. I want to see if we find out anything else about an AT&T Galaxy Nexus before then. Do you think Amazon US will carry it once it has been released?
  8. #8  
    Neon01's Avatar

    Posts
    50 Posts
    ROM
    Rooted Modified Stock ICS

    Default Re: Importing Galaxy Nexus

    I'm in a similar situation - just switched to ATT from Sprint and picked up a iphone 4s since it's the phone with the greatest profitability when sold on the open market. I really wanted a Galaxy Nexus and ATT seems like the only way to go since all the 4G/LTE options aren't in my area but I can consistently get 6Mbps+ downloads on ATT's HSPA+ service, so I went for them. Kinda ticks me off too since I switched from an unlimited plan and today found out that VZ will be getting 4GB plans for $30/month, so ATT really is the ripoff right now. But I digress...

    I pre-ordered an unlocked Galaxy Nexus with Expansys-Usa (First for Smartphones, Tablets, Laptops and Accessories - Expansys USA). Not the cheapest I could find, but they have what seems to be a very good return policy (no restock fee as long as it's in like-new condition) and they got many excellent reviews (4.8 out of 5 from 230+ reviewers) on Google product search. They seem pretty legit. If not, there's always my credit card company to protect me.

    Dunno if this help since you're more interested in less expensive than fast.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Importing Galaxy Nexus

    Quote Originally Posted by Neon01 View Post
    I'm in a similar situation - just switched to ATT from Sprint and picked up a iphone 4s since it's the phone with the greatest profitability when sold on the open market. I really wanted a Galaxy Nexus and ATT seems like the only way to go since all the 4G/LTE options aren't in my area but I can consistently get 6Mbps+ downloads on ATT's HSPA+ service, so I went for them. Kinda ticks me off too since I switched from an unlimited plan and today found out that VZ will be getting 4GB plans for $30/month, so ATT really is the ripoff right now. But I digress...

    I pre-ordered an unlocked Galaxy Nexus with Expansys-Usa (First for Smartphones, Tablets, Laptops and Accessories - Expansys USA). Not the cheapest I could find, but they have what seems to be a very good return policy (no restock fee as long as it's in like-new condition) and they got many excellent reviews (4.8 out of 5 from 230+ reviewers) on Google product search. They seem pretty legit. If not, there's always my credit card company to protect me.

    Dunno if this help since you're more interested in less expensive than fast.
    Thanks for the link. I've placed my pre-order as well. The email did say "we will email you about final pricing" so that concerns me a bit....
  10. #10  
    Neon01's Avatar

    Posts
    50 Posts
    ROM
    Rooted Modified Stock ICS

    Default Re: Importing Galaxy Nexus

    Quote Originally Posted by Zendroid1 View Post
    Thanks for the link. I've placed my pre-order as well. The email did say "we will email you about final pricing" so that concerns me a bit....
    I'm not too concerned. I recall seeing a notice near the completion of checkout that said they notify you when the phone is actually going to ship so you get the option to bail on it before it actually goes out if you want. I just found a $20 off coupon for them, but I'd hate to lose my place "in line" if they're doing FIFO processing of pre-orders. It's "20OFFLS", according to the coupon site, FWIW. Dunno if it works for sure.
  11. #11  

    Default Re: Importing Galaxy Nexus

    Quote Originally Posted by Neon01 View Post
    I'm not too concerned. I recall seeing a notice near the completion of checkout that said they notify you when the phone is actually going to ship so you get the option to bail on it before it actually goes out if you want. I just found a $20 off coupon for them, but I'd hate to lose my place "in line" if they're doing FIFO processing of pre-orders. It's "20OFFLS", according to the coupon site, FWIW. Dunno if it works for sure.
    Have you ever used a site like that before? Just wondering how quickly they'd get them and be able to ship if it releases on say the 21st, when could we expect it to be shipped to us?

    I have no idea if there's like a month delay, a week or no delay?
  12. #12  
    Neon01's Avatar

    Posts
    50 Posts
    ROM
    Rooted Modified Stock ICS

    Default Re: Importing Galaxy Nexus

    Quote Originally Posted by Zendroid1 View Post
    Have you ever used a site like that before? Just wondering how quickly they'd get them and be able to ship if it releases on say the 21st, when could we expect it to be shipped to us?

    I have no idea if there's like a month delay, a week or no delay?
    I haven't, unfortunately. I would hope that they would ship out within a week of its release in the UK (17th). If that's not the case, I'll probably cancel my order and go elsewhere. What's the point in paying a little more to pre-order if I don't get the phone "first", like they advertise. I can always just pick one up on ebay from EU with overnight shipping if I truly wanted to be "first".
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Importing Galaxy Nexus

    Quote Originally Posted by Neon01 View Post
    I'm in a similar situation - just switched to ATT from Sprint and picked up a iphone 4s since it's the phone with the greatest profitability when sold on the open market. I really wanted a Galaxy Nexus and ATT seems like the only way to go since all the 4G/LTE options aren't in my area but I can consistently get 6Mbps+ downloads on ATT's HSPA+ service, so I went for them. Kinda ticks me off too since I switched from an unlimited plan and today found out that VZ will be getting 4GB plans for $30/month, so ATT really is the ripoff right now. But I digress...

    I pre-ordered an unlocked Galaxy Nexus with Expansys-Usa (First for Smartphones, Tablets, Laptops and Accessories - Expansys USA). Not the cheapest I could find, but they have what seems to be a very good return policy (no restock fee as long as it's in like-new condition) and they got many excellent reviews (4.8 out of 5 from 230+ reviewers) on Google product search. They seem pretty legit. If not, there's always my credit card company to protect me.

    Dunno if this help since you're more interested in less expensive than fast.
    Expansys is a legitimate company. There's nothing to worry about there.
  14. #14  
    HalM's Avatar

    Posts
    25 Posts
    Global Posts
    132 Global Posts

    Default Re: Importing Galaxy Nexus

    Quote Originally Posted by dwboston View Post
    Expansys is a legitimate company. There's nothing to worry about there.
    +1 I have used them before and will probably buy my Nexus from them,
  15. #15  
    cman6453's Avatar

    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

    Default Re: Importing Galaxy Nexus

    Quote Originally Posted by Neon01 View Post
    It's "20OFFLS", according to the coupon site, FWIW. Dunno if it works for sure.
    I just entered that code and it worked.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Importing Galaxy Nexus

    God damn it! Of course Expansys is in IL as am I, friggin sales tax. So my question is all I need to do is pull the sim out of my skyrocket and put it in the Nexus and it works?????
  17. #17  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SteveISU View Post
    God damn it! Of course Expansys is in IL as am I, friggin sales tax. So my question is all I need to do is pull the sim out of my skyrocket and put it in the Nexus and it works?????
    Yes, but you might need to go by the AT&T store for some sort of account provisioning to use HSPA+. But then again, if you're already on a Skyrocket, it should already be provisioned that way.
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Importing Galaxy Nexus

    My question is: I'm on an iPhone 4S so the SIM won't work with this phone. If I buy the Galaxy Nexus from this company does it come with a SIM card? Can I jsut call or go to AT&T and get this activated with no issues. Just worried about them not activating it bc AT&T doesn't atually sell the phone.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Importing Galaxy Nexus

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary86 View Post
    My question is: I'm on an iPhone 4S so the SIM won't work with this phone. If I buy the Galaxy Nexus from this company does it come with a SIM card? Can I jsut call or go to AT&T and get this activated with no issues. Just worried about them not activating it bc AT&T doesn't atually sell the phone.
    Just go to AT&T and tell them that you misplaced your phone so a friend is going to lend you their SGS2 and you are going to need a new SIM card. They will give you one and will never even have to know anything about the phone.

    That said, I don't think there would be a problem just telling the truth.
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Importing Galaxy Nexus

    Quote Originally Posted by chmcke01 View Post
    Just go to AT&T and tell them that you misplaced your phone so a friend is going to lend you their SGS2 and you are going to need a new SIM card. They will give you one and will never even have to know anything about the phone.

    That said, I don't think there would be a problem just telling the truth.
    Ok, good idea. if I order the Galaxy Nexus...doesn't it come with a SIM card? or no bc it's not available with AT&T? How much are SIMs running now-a-days

    Does the Nexus have a SD card slot like other Samsung phones? Will the phone from the website above have all the same apps as the US version? Will the android market work? I just don't want to buy a phone and it not fully function

    Sorry for so many question. 1. new to android. 2. first time buying a phone from another country.
    Last edited by Gary86; 11-20-2011 at 12:52 AM.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: Importing Galaxy Nexus

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary86 View Post
    Ok, good idea. if I order the Galaxy Nexus...doesn't it come with a SIM card? or no bc it's not available with AT&T? How much are SIMs running now-a-days

    Does the Nexus have a SD card slot like other Samsung phones? Will the phone from the website above have all the same apps as the US version? Will the android market work? I just don't want to buy a phone and it not fully function

    Sorry for so many question. 1. new to android. 2. first time buying a phone from another country.
    No, it won't come with a SIM card, you will have to get one from an AT&T store. I don't know what they cost but if you're a smooth talking you may be able to convince them to give it to you for free.

    Unfortunately, no the Galaxy Nexus DOES NOT have an SD card slot. The phone should have the same apps as an AT&T version would have if we ever got one, but there currently is no US version. Yes, Android Market will work.
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Importing Galaxy Nexus

    Quote Originally Posted by chmcke01 View Post
    No, it won't come with a SIM card, you will have to get one from an AT&T store. I don't know what they cost but if you're a smooth talking you may be able to convince them to give it to you for free.

    Unfortunately, no the Galaxy Nexus DOES NOT have an SD card slot. The phone should have the same apps as an AT&T version would have if we ever got one, but there currently is no US version. Yes, Android Market will work.
    Thanks for the reply. That's weird it doesn't have an SD slot like other samsung phone. Now I'm leaning towards the SGS2 Skyrocket. 16GB won't last me long to be honest I think. I've been reading up on Android. Google's music sounds like I can get my itunes music to the cloud and just stream or download it to the Nexus. Someone mentioned that they are both free up to 20,000 songs?

    Now I need to figure out which phone is better the SGS2 or Galaxy Nexus. I know the Nexus has ICS but the SGS2 SkyRocket should be it Q1 2012.

    Thought?
  23. #23  

    Default Re: Importing Galaxy Nexus

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary86 View Post
    Thanks for the reply. That's weird it doesn't have an SD slot like other samsung phone. Now I'm leaning towards the SGS2 Skyrocket. 16GB won't last me long to be honest I think. I've been reading up on Android. Google's music sounds like I can get my itunes music to the cloud and just stream or download it to the Nexus. Someone mentioned that they are both free up to 20,000 songs?

    Now I need to figure out which phone is better the SGS2 or Galaxy Nexus. I know the Nexus has ICS but the SGS2 SkyRocket should be it Q1 2012.

    Thought?
    For me, between the Galaxy Nexus and the SGS2 Skyrocket would depend on if you live in an LTE area or will in the near future (I called and asked and they told me that we probably won't see LTE until late 2013 where I live...we just got 3G around last Thanksgiving and we are schedule to get the fake 4G HSPA+ in the next few months). If you don't have LTE now or won't have it soon then I would go for the Nexus between those two.

    Now, the original SGS2 is another story. Both the processor and GPU in the original SGS2 are better than the ones in the Nexus, but supposedly ICS is optimized for that hardware so the SGS2 might not actually run any better despite the superior hardware. But, in my opinion the SGS2 is the best phone AT&T has right now and its even pretty cheap (Sams Club will have it for 96 cents on Black Friday with upgrade). Considering that AT&T hasn't even announced that they are ever getting the Nexus let alone anytime soon I would probably go ahead and get the SGS2.

    I am not eligible to upgrade until December 1st, and unless we have an AT&T release date for the Galaxy Nexus by then I plan to get the original SGS2.
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Importing Galaxy Nexus

    Quote Originally Posted by chmcke01 View Post
    For me, between the Galaxy Nexus and the SGS2 Skyrocket would depend on if you live in an LTE area or will in the near future (I called and asked and they told me that we probably won't see LTE until late 2013 where I live...we just got 3G around last Thanksgiving and we are schedule to get the fake 4G HSPA+ in the next few months). If you don't have LTE now or won't have it soon then I would go for the Nexus between those two.

    Now, the original SGS2 is another story. Both the processor and GPU in the original SGS2 are better than the ones in the Nexus, but supposedly ICS is optimized for that hardware so the SGS2 might not actually run any better despite the superior hardware. But, in my opinion the SGS2 is the best phone AT&T has right now and its even pretty cheap (Sams Club will have it for 96 cents on Black Friday with upgrade). Considering that AT&T hasn't even announced that they are ever getting the Nexus let alone anytime soon I would probably go ahead and get the SGS2.

    I am not eligible to upgrade until December 1st, and unless we have an AT&T release date for the Galaxy Nexus by then I plan to get the original SGS2.

    Good Points. I like how the Nexus has the panoramic mode on the camera, the notification LEDs, no physical buttons and other features that just make the phone smooth. I could get the SGS2 for free bc I will sell my iPhone 4S and the Nexus would cost 150 from that site. Also, the nexus would have ICS right away. My biggest fear is, getting the phone and something happens to it and not being covered because it's technnically not even on AT&Ts network choice of phones.
  25. #25  

    Default Re: Importing Galaxy Nexus

    Quote Originally Posted by Gary86 View Post
    Good Points. I like how the Nexus has the panoramic mode on the camera, the notification LEDs, no physical buttons and other features that just make the phone smooth. I could get the SGS2 for free bc I will sell my iPhone 4S and the Nexus would cost 150 from that site. Also, the nexus would have ICS right away. My biggest fear is, getting the phone and something happens to it and not being covered because it's technnically not even on AT&Ts network choice of phones.
    I am not positive on this, but I am pretty sure it should still come with a standard warranty just the the SGS2 would if you bought one here from AT&T.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions