Will international version work in U.S?

Legendz91210

Nov 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I was wondering if the international Galaxy Nexus will work on T-mobile? I am asking because the two sites I am looking to order form, list different supported frequencies. One says its will work with Tmobile and other says everything but Tmobile.

I just want to make sure before I pre-order.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Andrew Ruffolo

Jan 5, 2010
Visit site
It has to be unlocked... also, T-Mobile uses different bands here in the US and Europe. As far as I know, the international versions are the same. If its pentaband GSM, then it will pretty much work anywhere. I'm a CDMA person, so I'm not on the up and up with GSM carriers. One thing I do know, it has to be unlocked. Also, there are sim-free GSM versions and you have to watch out for those. I don't know how those work and if they can be activated in the US.

anon(512898)

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys, I was wondering if the international Galaxy Nexus will work on T-mobile? I am asking because the two sites I am looking to order form, list different supported frequencies. One says its will work with Tmobile and other says everything but Tmobile.

I just want to make sure before I pre-order.

Thanks!

It should, the radio is specified to work on t mobiles bands, you'll need the sim unlocked version though

BitGambit

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I know:
In the US, T-Mobile uses the 1900 MHz frequency band for their voice, EDGE, and text messages.
For their 3G data network (HSPA), T-Mobile uses the 1700/2100 MHz frequency bands.
So you can have a phone on the T-Mobile network, but not be able to utilize their 3G network. (iPhones come to mind)

I can't pull up anything official regarding specific radio bands the Nexus will use at the moment, but everything I've read so far points to it having a pentaband, HSPA+ compatible radio which includes T-Mobile's 3G network.

I myself am hoping to get the Galaxy Nexus on T-Mobile.

Last edited:

tegee

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Here's what I know:
In the US, T-Mobile uses the 1900 MHz frequency band for their voice, EDGE, and text messages.
For their 3G data network (HSPA), T-Mobile uses the 1700/2100 MHz frequency bands.
So you can have a phone on the T-Mobile network, but not be able to utilize their 3G network. (iPhones come to mind)

I can't pull up anything official regarding specific radio bands the Nexus will use at the moment, but everything I've read so far points to it having a pentaband, HSPA+ compatible radio which includes T-Mobile's 3G network.

I myself am hoping to get the Galaxy Nexus on T-Mobile.

GSM: 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
UMTS: 850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz
Data: HSDPA+ (4G) 21.1 Mbit/s, HSDPA 14.4 Mbit/s, UMTS, HSUPA 5.76 Mbit/s, EDGE

^^^ although the version I purchased off of Ebay (international) states that it's HSPA+.

Samsung GALAXY Nexus specs

Last edited: