Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Adrynalyne
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    Account Deactivated

Global Posts
    1,772 Global Posts

Default Re: Pre Orders in Canadia

What about Canada?

I kid
    Premium1 and DarrenDM like this.

looks like the Best Buys up there are in on it too.

Canadian Best Buy Stores to Start Galaxy Nexus Pre-orders on Monday Nov. 21
    Droid > Droid X > Droid Incredible 2 > Droid > Galaxy Nexus

I chatted online with a rep at Bell and she said that I would be able to buy it off contract the day of it's release.

I say that because I had serious trouble getting my Atrix on release day. I ended up having to get an early hardware upgrade. At least now I have the piece of mind I can just walk in and buy one.

I spoke to a couple of people at Bell that were convinced that Bell would be locking the devices. This seems wrong, but I don't like the idea of a $650 gamble. I have an existing Telus contract and just want to drop in my SIM.

Anybody heard different? Can anyone put my mind at ease?

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Prof-KOS View Post
    I spoke to a couple of people at Bell that were convinced that Bell would be locking the devices. This seems wrong, but I don't like the idea of a $650 gamble. I have an existing Telus contract and just want to drop in my SIM.

Anybody heard different? Can anyone put my mind at ease?
    I spoke to a Bell rep. today that insisted they would be locking their Nexus devices. I phoned up Virgin Mobile and they said the same thing as well. Likely going to have to find a third party to unlock the phone at a decent rate. No way I'm going to pay the $75 for Bell to unlock it themselves. I am on Rogers, by the way.