Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Reputable seller

I was just burned on ebay for an international Galaxy Nexus. I'm in the process of trying to get my money back. Where can I buy/preorder a Galaxy Nexus from a reputable buy where I won't get shafted? I'm leaning towards Amazon UK, where I figure I can't get hosed. The only downside for that is the shipping date is 12/2/2011.

You would think that wouldn't matter, but I am cell phone junkie and would like it as soon as possible.

Default Re: Reputable seller

Handtec, Negri, Expansys
    Thanked by:
    Tom S. 

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts

CloveUK has the 16GB in stock and are reputable. I'm looking for the 32GB model, though. Anyone see any of those for order anywhere?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by whydidnt View Post
    CloveUK has the 16GB in stock and are reputable. I'm looking for the 32GB model, though. Anyone see any of those for order anywhere?
    I've seen preorders. I just ordered the 16GB from Handtec.

I've ordered mine from Clove UK, they seem to be pretty good. The best part is that they have them in stock (for now).

Handtec is already giving out shipping reference numbers to their customers. If you order now it will be shipped on 23/24th

Global Posts
    297 Global Posts

I just ordered mine from CloveUk, at the time of buying the phone their site said in stock. But soon got an email from them that they are sold out and that they will receive fresh stock by Friday. Bummer.
    I know they are reputable but I'm just ticked off at being misguided at the time of buying the phone.

How much is everyone spending total in US dollars?

Global Posts
    297 Global Posts

I paid $730 inclusive of shipping from CloveUk.

$708

Clove UK is selling it for a total of 445 (429 for the phone plus 16 for shipping to the USA), which comes out to $696 at the current exchange rate.
    Last edited by Savetherocks; 11-22-2011 at 09:12 PM.

Global Posts
    297 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Savetherocks View Post
    Clove UK is selling it for a total of £445 (£429 for the phone plus £16 for shipping), which comes out to $696 at the current exchange rate.
    Yeah that's about right. I paid £429 for the phone plus £30 for shipping to the Middle East.

Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS!

Default Where to buy?

I want to buy the Galaxy Nexus, and so far I've narrowed it down to three sites: expansys-usa.com, clove.co.uk, and handtec.co.uk. Has anyone had any experience with these sites, and if so, are they good, reliable sources to get a phone from?
    If I've made a difference, please make sure to thank me.

ROM
    stock

Default Re: Where to buy?

I hear handtec is very reliable, and shipping right now. Might be your best bet. I have no personal experience with any of the 3 though.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Handtec just updated their blog to say that some orders were confused in the warehouse and people were issued tracking numbers, but there was no associated phone. If your phone doesn't show as picked up, you'll be waiting until the 25th for shipments. That stinks for me as I will be traveling that week.

Default Re: Where to buy?

I recommend Clove UK. I ordered mine on Monday, and after some security issues that were sorted out yesterday (I had to send them a copy of my drivers license in order to confirm my address), it shipped out this morning and, according to them, will only take 2-3 days to arrive here in the USA. Although I haven't actually received the device, I can tell you that their customer service is great, with very quick responses and great information.

Global Posts
    297 Global Posts

I recommend Clove UK. I ordered mine on Monday, and after some security issues that were sorted out yesterday (I had to send them a copy of my drivers license in order to confirm my address), it shipped out this morning and, according to them, will only take 2-3 days to arrive here in the USA. Although I haven't actually received the device, I can tell you that their customer service is great, with very quick responses and great information.
    Funny enough I too ordered through Clove Uk on Monday and they told me that new stocks will arrive on Friday. So I'm guessing you were lucky in getting the phone shipped or they might send you an email mentioning the same.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by mpshah View Post
    Funny enough I too ordered through Clove Uk on Monday and they told me that new stocks will arrive on Friday. So I'm guessing you were lucky in getting the phone shipped or they might send you an email mentioning the same.
    That makes sense. Handtec updated their blog saying that all independent SIM free sellers would have their shipments from Samsung delayed from the 23rd to the 25th. Unless you were lucky to get a shipment before Samsung held up the shipments while they investigated the volume bug.

Quote Originally Posted by mpshah View Post
    they might send you an email mentioning the same.
    Nope, it has already been dispatched. I guess I got lucky. The only downside that it's scheduled to be delivered on Saturday; DHL doesn't deliver on weekends, so it'll be sitting in the post office until Monday. Oh well.

Global Posts
    297 Global Posts

Nope, it has already been dispatched. I guess I got lucky. The only downside that it's scheduled to be delivered on Saturday; DHL doesn't deliver on weekends, so it'll be sitting in the post office until Monday. Oh well.
    Glad to hear that.

As long as its been shipped, that's what matters.

Global Posts
    297 Global Posts

Just got this email from Clove:

Thank you for placing an order for the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. Up until today we had been expecting to receive more stock of the Galaxy Nexus on Friday 25th November, but unfortunately the stock has now been delayed. We now expect stock to arrive at the beginning of next week and we expect to ship orders on Tuesday 29th and Wednesday 30th November.

We will receive enough stock next week to cover all outstanding orders and look forward to shipping your order as soon as possible.

Got the same email from Clove as well. Had to send them a copy of my passport as proof of Identity and as a reply they said that they will send me a tracking number on Monday.
  23. Thread Author  Thread Author    #23  

Handtec just updated their blog with this:

25/11 U pdate: Samsung Distribution is stating that units are currently being flashed to fix any issues deliveries should commence in the week commencing 28th November. Please note this is information from Samsung Distribution and not Samsung directly