Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Is 16GB really enough?

I'm trying to decide between the Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S2 and Galaxy Note...I know the nexus will get faster updates. But I'm not sure 16GB is enough. I've used 12 already on my 4S. I guess I don't really need all the pics I have on my phone.

Oh, will the SGS2 or SGS2 SR get ICS first?

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Is 16GB really enough?

store music on the google music app and thatll take up way less space on your phone
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

No it is not. Even 32 isn't enough. Even if u don't mind every couple days of hooking up to PC and transferring stuff back and forth.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

Global Posts
    446 Global Posts

Well for me it is.

I have always had 16 GB iphones so this will be no different. Even with all my apps and music photos etc ive always had 6 gb remaining.

I dont put my whole music collection on it just the stuff I want now. Also with google music and the photo upload to g+ , I will have plenty of space.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

After thinking about it longer I think 16GB will be fine. I have all my music and about all the photos I care about on my 32GB 4S and I still have 5GB left. I just think the Galaxy Nexus will be a better phone and def get updated much faster.

Do you have unlimited data Gary?
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Yes I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary86 View Post
    I'm trying to decide between the Galaxy Nexus, Galaxy S2 and Galaxy Note...I know the nexus will get faster updates. But I'm not sure 16GB is enough. I've used 12 already on my 4S. I guess I don't really need all the pics I have on my phone.

Oh, will the SGS2 or SGS2 SR get ICS first?
    The SGS II SR will get ICS first.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by Tom S. View Post

That's good to know. Thanks.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=21.396765,-158.008798

What makes you say that?

Global Posts
    150 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by chmcke01 View Post
    What makes you say that?

It is currently the flagship LTE device for at&t. Which mean come October or Sept it will get it's update.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

So almost a year from now and the SGS2 SR will get ICS

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=21.361531,-157.920097

Quote Originally Posted by chmcke01 View Post
    What makes you say that?
    AT&T announced it.
    Q1 2012.

Global Posts
    864 Global Posts

Depends on what you do with, on your phone. Someone like me it would be fine. I've used a total of 13GB on my Droid X1. I just have certain songs on my phone. Dont take alot of pics, videos. I alot of games for emulators tho. I have alot of games, apps installed too. Not alot of games big in size tho.

I think music and pics/videos take up alot of space.

AT&T announced it.
    Q1 2012.
    Please provide a link where AT&T announced that the SR would get ICS before the original SGS2.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

So sometime between Jan and Mar AT&T will push ICS to the SGS2 and SGS2 SR? This is going to be my deciding factor between the SGS2/SR or Galaxy Nexus (Expansys US has them in stock). Will ICS be a smooth and fluid like it is on the Nexus?

So sometime between Jan and Mar AT&T will push ICS to the SGS2 and SGS2 SR? This is going to be my deciding factor between the SGS2/SR or Galaxy Nexus (Expansys US has them in stock). Will ICS be a smooth and fluid like it is on the Nexus?
    The reviews are showing some lag while running active wallpapers, but I don't care about that. Let me double check that Q1 2012 info.

Update - here you go
    http://phandroid.com/2011/11/21/before-all-is-done-adobe-will-update-flash-for-android-4-0/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

The reviews are showing some lag while running active wallpapers, but I don't care about that. Let me double check that Q1 2012 info.

Update - here you go
    Before all Is Done, Adobe Will Update Flash Player for Android 4.0

Thanks, me either, I won't use active WP that much anyway if at all...Do you think I should wait for Galaxy Nexus from UK or get SGS2 SR? Keep in mind this will be my 1st android phone coming from iPhone 4S
  19. Thread Author  Thread Author    #19  

Wrong link...I think we were looking for info regarding quarters and when ICS is coming to SGS2 and SGS2 SR...or which one first

Wrong link...I think we were looking for info regarding quarters and when ICS is coming to SGS2 and SGS2 SR...or which one first
    Oops. Here it is:

http://au.ibtimes.com/articles/25439...-iphone-4s.htm

21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Just read it. It didn't really say Q1 2012 tho. Still hoping so tho

EDIT: I'm an ***** and didn't finish reading. Apologies

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=21.348512,-157.930664

I dont think 16GB is enough. I like having the option to carry around 10 movies when I go away on business. I also like recording my son in HD which takes up space quickly. For the life of me I have no idea why Google and Samsung decided not to allow expandable memory. This is why I will not be getting this phone and this is why WP 7 doesnt even exist for me.
    Thanked by:
    jroc 

Global Posts
    864 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by garment69 View Post
    I dont think 16GB is enough. I like having the option to carry around 10 movies when I go away on business. I also like recording my son in HD which takes up space quickly. For the life of me I have no idea why Google and Samsung decided not to allow expandable memory. This is why I will not be getting this phone and this is why WP 7 doesnt even exist for me.
    IMO...WP7 shoulda decided what they wanted to do with removable storage. It's a hybrid between removable and non removable storage. They need to make up their minds.

I know as I start listening to more music, or taking more pics and videos... 16GB might be pushing it. I do the emulators too and one games folder is 2GB.

While 16 GB may not really seem like all that much, I have found it to be fine thus far thanks to the cloud. I used almost 29 of 32GB on my SGS but on my GN I am using only 6GB so far, and most of that is from roms and emulators. I use Spotify and Google for music exclusively, movies - Netflix, photos - Picasa and G+, and assorted filed I store in Gmail and Dropbox. The only problem is flights or when I have no connection, but that really isn't that often and I will usually throw a few things on the phone in preparation for that.

Everyone has their own requirements for storage and usage though, it is still a fantastic device and probably the best phone I have ever touched IMHO.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast