Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Default Re: HOW-TO OEM unlock the Galaxy Nexus

Quote Originally Posted by zmenchhofer View Post
    if you are getting "Waiting on device" then you do NOT have the correct ADB drivers installed... Install the drivers from the SDK location android-sdk\extras\google\usb_driver
    Got them installed, have since the start, still get waiting for device

Quote Originally Posted by EVIL_JIMMY View Post
    Got them installed, have since the start, still get waiting for device
    What do you see in the device manager for your phone?
    Proud Owner of:
    Galaxy Nexus - XOOM
    Love my Dropbox

I dont think yall should be rooting your phone if you are not able to fix these issues.

kichard - you need to install SDK Manager

n0apostrophe - you need to install the SDK tools / paltform-tools
    I have sdk manager installed with the google USB drivers....still waiting on device

if you use gtalk feel freee to add me
    Proud Owner of:
    Galaxy Nexus - XOOM
    Love my Dropbox

What do you see in the device manager for your phone?
    Ah, this may be the issue, there are no devices listed in the manager
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,518 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

i have no clue i there are to sdk for windows one says i need java oracle the other just dl a whole bunch of files. i remember on my xoom there was sdk with all files bunched in nicely so we didnt have to work sdk oh well guess its not for me. seems simple enough but its not
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

ROM
    KANG cm9/Franco

I mean could it matter im using the LTE version..?

My problem is that my device is recognized in the command prompt when I use "adb devices" only when it is on. When it is in fastboot it is not recognized. I remember having this problem with my incredible as well...

Anyone having issue with waiting for device or the Android 1.0 driver issue when in bootloader, read this:
    Thanked by 13:
    + Show/Hide list of the thanked

I'm getting the same waiting for device message and the phone doesn't show up correctly in the Devices section.

I do have the USB drivers packageinstalled in the SDK.

When I'm NOT in the Fastboot mode and I plug in the phone the driver loads and the phone shows fine.

When I AM in the Fastbootmode, the PC fails to load the driver. Shows up as "Android 1.0" in the Devices section. I can point to the folder where the drivers are but it still doesn't load them properly unless I have the phone connected and in the "regular mode"

WTF.....

ROM
    KANG cm9/Franco

Quote Originally Posted by surfacinglove View Post
    Anyone having issue with waiting for device or the Android 1.0 driver issue when in bootloader, read this:

I had no "samsung" option. This really shouldn't be so annoying...

Install this driver:
    Thanked by 3:
    Headhunter likes this.

ROM
    CM7Droid1,rooted stock TB

i did everything but in command prompt is say device not found

WOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!!! Thanks!

ROM
    CM7Droid1,rooted stock TB

it says waiting for devices now

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

Worked for me, Thanks!
    Thanked by:
    Rltodd 
    Rltodd likes this.

ROM
    KANG cm9/Franco

Installed the driver from the Samsung site. Same problem when I'm in bootloader. Update drivers refuses to work.

To those having trouble getting the "Android 1.0" driver to install and not finding Samsung. Not only did I install the Samsung driver posted a couple posts above, but also: when right clicking on the Android 1.0 device and updating driver, then choosing "Let me pick from a list" I then chose "All Devices". There were about 6 different entries for Samsung (Samsung, Samsung Co., etc) and one of them had the Android ADB Interface entry, which worked. Originally I was just looking under "portable devices", which isn't it.

Hope that helps!
    Thanked by 3:

ROM
    KANG cm9/Franco

This is so frustrating. It's gotta be the most simple thing that I'm missing. Alaways is. I just don't get it. Everything is installed I cannot find "samsung" in the list of drivers. Although I've installed it two times. This is crazyness. :/

Install this driver:
    The combo of those two things worked for me. Initially, the Samsung option didn't have the Andriod ABD option. After installing the driver that surfacinglove posted there were a TON of Samsung options and the Android ADB driver was mixed up in there. I updated the driver from the Device manager and then ran the command and all went well.

Now I can start setting up the phone and actually using it! Thanks guys!!!!

Woohoo!!!!!

Global Posts
    204 Global Posts
    ROM
    3.0.8-gaaa2611, unlocked

Got all the way to the command prompt, entered "fastboot oem unlock" and got this error message:

"This program can't start because AdbWinApi.dll is missing from your computer"

What now?
    Nextel Flips > Motorola Slider > Blackberry Storm 9530 > Motorola Droid X > Galaxy Nexus

ROM
    KANG cm9/Franco

Ok I GOT IT lol wow. always the most simple things. Install the Samsung drivers, device manager, update andriod 1.0 driver. select from computer and then I actually had to select all devices, thats where I was going wrong. THANK YOU for all your help my friends. Happy Nexus days

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts

No matter what I did, I could not seem to get the Sammy drivers to install. I installed PDA net and used those drivers. Went in to device manager, picked the device, selected install from specific location, selected search and picked browse, C:\Program Files\PdaNet for Android\usbwin and picked the android-usb.inf. I have no idea why, but anytime I went into Sammy folder, the proper drivers would not show, grrr.

Default For those still having trouble with drivers

Quote Originally Posted by Nightowl33333 View Post
    To those having trouble getting the "Android 1.0" driver to install and not finding Samsung. Not only did I install the Samsung driver posted a couple posts above, but also: when right clicking on the Android 1.0 device and updating driver, then choosing "Let me pick from a list" I then chose "All Devices". There were about 6 different entries for Samsung (Samsung, Samsung Co., etc) and one of them had the Android ADB Interface entry, which worked. Originally I was just looking under "portable devices", which isn't it.

Hope that helps!
    Thank you Nightowl! This is the only thing that worked for me. Pointing the driver update utility to the Samsung driver folders, and to the Android SDK driver folder did not work for me. This finally did, after hours of frustration. And I'm not a noob at this.
    geekmeisteraz likes this.

After changing the path i also cant open the sdk manager again.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast