Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By TerryMasters
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Nexus Button Placement Design Flaw (with solution)

I was watching a video of someone texting on the Galaxy Nexus, and they said their number one complaint is that typing in portrait made it very easy to accidentally hit the home button when you really wanted to punch in a space.

My idea is to ask Google to change the button behavior to that of the camera app, where they revert to dots while you're typing so that you'd have to accidentally press the home button twice in order for it to take you out of whatever it is you're typing.

I think it's a simple enough fix. What do you guys think?
    Thanked by:
    Scottish and Josh515 like this.
    Android Central Editor in Chief

Global Posts
    4,161 Global Posts

Default Re: Nexus Button Placement Design Flaw (with solution)

I think it's possible, but I haven't done it yet.

I like this idea, and Im sure it would be very easy for Google to implement such a feature.

Im curious to see if I will have the same happen as well, I never really thought about it before this.

hmmm me like. I kept pressing the home key on my old nexus one. Hasn't happened to me on my galaxy nexus. But i like the idea!
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,611 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Since a dev has hadded the search key to the set up I think they can relocate the key

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

That would be a good idea. I kept doing the same thing on my Honeycomb tablet while typing with my thumbs. I ended up installing Thumb Keyboard. Thumb Keyboard allows me to adjust the height of the space bar. That kept me from hitting the navigation and notification buttons on my tablet.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Haven't done that either. But great idea they should at least make it a UI option for some users.