Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS!

Default Anyone Know a Good Case?

anyone know of a good one for the GSM version? I've seen a couple, but they were like gel cases and not very protective
    If I've made a difference, please make sure to thank me.

ROM
    ICS/JB/iOS 5.1

Default Re: Case?

Quote Originally Posted by ibejack96 View Post
    anyone know of a good one for the GSM version? I've seen a couple, but they were like gel cases and not very protective
    I usually just check on amazon they seem to have the most case options out of anybody.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS!

On amazon UK?

ROM
    Stock 4.0.1 Rooted

I have a gel case and it seems to be good enough protection for my phone. Not sure what kind of thing you are protecting your phone from.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

this guy selling good cases,i have ordered TPU case.
    cheaper and fully protection.
    NILLKIN TPU GEL CASE FOR Samsung Galaxy Nexus Prime I9250 Screen Protector items in luckyexpress168 store on eBay!

Some Verizon stores will go ahead & sell you cases & screen protectors early. I got mine today from one. Right now, they have the best selection. The 1st store wouldn't sell them, the 2nd store would....go figure.

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Just found both of these at a Bell store in Edmonton. Really surprised as Otterbox's site shows these as still coming soon.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone Know a Good Case?-uploadfromtaptalk1323309669101.jpg  
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS!

ok so i narrowed it down to this one and this one (the black one, of course).. Any opinions?

ROM
    Rooted Modified Stock ICS

Quote Originally Posted by ibejack96 View Post
    ok so i narrowed it down to this one and this one (the black one, of course).. Any opinions?
    I bought and reviewed the first one you linked. My review is the third one on that page (by "Movie Nut"). It's a pretty decent case. If you have any questions, let me know.
    jrl022 likes this.

Global Posts
    122 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by steve31 View Post
    Just found both of these at a Bell store in Edmonton. Really surprised as Otterbox's site shows these as still coming soon.

That's exactly what is on their website as for today. I'm waiting for defender case for Nexus. Hopefully it will be available soon, very soon...
    Regards melhiore/UK
    current Galaxy Nexus
    past HTC Desire, BB Bold, never had iPhone and not planning to...

Global Posts
    69 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by melhiore View Post
    That's exactly what is on their website as for today. I'm waiting for defender case for Nexus. Hopefully it will be available soon, very soon...
    The defender case is not that much bigger than the commuter. GSM version.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone Know a Good Case?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1323401220.760774.jpg   Anyone Know a Good Case?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1323401301.945388.jpg   Anyone Know a Good Case?-imageuploadedbytapatalk1323401333.481123.jpg  

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

The otterbox cases are up on amazon but out of stock:
    Defender
    Commuter
    I'm planning on getting the gsm unlocked version soon so I ordered the commuter. Anybody have a clue if this will fit ok? I notice based on the model number that its probably for the verzion version but figured it could fit.

Global Posts
    300 Global Posts

Are the Seidio Surface case and holster worth the $$$?
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS!

that's a nexus s case and won't fit on a galaxy nexus
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #16  

Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS!

also, will the otterbox cases fit on the gsm galaxy nexus, or is it only for verizon versions?

I heard the Otterbox is the best. Verizon had it for $50. I didn't like the bulky feel of it though.

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    ROM
    Affinity/Franco

I bought the $25 Incipio from VZW store. I like it, it is like the Otterbox Commuter I have for my Droid X.

Got the Otterbox Defender from VZW with my phone.. Fit is as expected, the only thing I can advise is that the cover makes the phone feel like it is slipping out of my hand when I am typing with one hand. Otherwise I am really satisfied.
  20. Thread Author  Thread Author    #20  

Global Posts
    320 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock ICS!

Quote Originally Posted by SHWELL View Post
    Got the Otterbox Defender from VZW with my phone.. Fit is as expected, the only thing I can advise is that the cover makes the phone feel like it is slipping out of my hand when I am typing with one hand. Otherwise I am really satisfied.
    Do you have the GSM version?

Otterbox says it fits bot the GSM and LTE versions. I thought that one was slightly bigger than the other. How does that work?

Got the Incipio case for mine works with the extended battery, does have a tiny gap but fits very nice

I've got LTE version, but I have used Seidio cases since I was on BB over 4 years ago. Their surface line of cases feel great with a solid mold, but a nicely finished rubber feel. Barely added bulk to my DInc. Their holsters are great because they have a clip that allows you to take the phone off and on with one hand, unlike the POS that Verizon sells, that you have to slide in and out. The combo will run you $50, we'll worth it if you need a holster like I do.

How do I tell the difference between a case for the Verizon version and a case for the GSM version online?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast