1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    57 Global Posts

Default Weak wifi signal

Anyone else encountering this? My iPhone gets full signal throughout my house but not the Nexus

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Default Re: Weak wifi signal

Yes I have a similar problem. My old phone an HTC hero works all round the house on both mobile network and wifi. The mobile network also works around town and is usually quite quick.
    The nexus galaxy connection seem to start, stop and stall I have performed several tests switching the sim card between phones and this is no exaggeration the HTC hero is ten times more reliable downloading data from wifi and the mobile network (GPRS).
    Looks like this Nexus Galaxy will be returned in the next few days. It's a shame because other than that it is a great phone - but unfortunately connectivity is more important than anything else on smart phone as far I am concerned.

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Signal strength on this phone seems to be sucky in general.

I picked up my Verizon LTE GN yesterday and have had signal issues with it.

With my Droid X I would get 3 bars of 3G at my house. The GN only gets one.

With my Droid X I could be on my hammock in my backyard, about 20 yards and a couple walls away from my router inside, and I'd have like 50% wifi strength. With my GN I lose wifi connection 20 ft from the router, and that's inside the house.

Signal strength is the worst part of this phone.

I agree. My Samsung Charge had full signal on wifi in my house and my Nexus is like 2 out of 4 bars.

I have no problems throughout my house. I get all 4 bars consistently throughout my 2 story house with basement without any issues.

I have also picked up wifi signals outside of coffee shops as well without any drops. Better then my iphone 4. IMHO

My SGN is getting reception in my house in places that my Fascinate and Eris didn't. Could just be the better of bad radios, but it seems good to me.
    Galaxy Note II

I also get less bars than comparable devices.

I find the connection is still fast though. I suspect that SGN is more conservative when reporting wifi signal strength.

How is your guys performance even though you're seeing less bars?
    Droid Monster

Global Posts
    748 Global Posts

No, people can delude themselves all they want, but the signal strength in the GN and NS are the resort of poor radios. I know because I have the NS and it can not keep a signal for anything.

Quote Originally Posted by The Miz View Post
    No, people can delude themselves all they want, but the signal strength in the GN and NS are the resort of poor radios. I know because I have the NS and it can not keep a signal for anything.
    Then how do you explain no dropped calls and fast performance in my case with only partial bars.
    Droid Monster

Global Posts
    748 Global Posts

So just because it never happened to you means it's not an issue?

Isn't there a setting to not have the Wi-Fi radio at full power?
    I know some phones have that. On those, it's not at full power by default.
    I know it seems odd, but I'm guessing it's a battery saving feature.

Yeah I'm missing a bar on my wifi and its like 4 ft away in the next room. Hopefully a software fix is coming soon. I'm hoping its not hardware.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

If you have low bars and no data is being transmitted, select "Advanced" while in the Wi-Fi menu and unselect "Avoid poor connection".

ROM
    Stock 4.02 Rooted

Quote Originally Posted by FreakyLocz14 View Post
    If you have low bars and no data is being transmitted, select "Advanced" while in the Wi-Fi menu and unselect "Avoid poor connection".
    Funny, ha ha.