Results 1 to 25 of 25
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Cool AT&T Galaxy Nexus

    After hearing about the upcoming Galaxy Nexus I've been researching new information about confirmation of AT&T releasing the Nexus. Anyways I've been following this forum for about a week now and just now decided to make an account. This is my first post, so bear with me. Let me first start off and say that I am a 5th generation iPhone user. I've had an iPhone since November of 2007. I've loved the iPhone and everything its had to offer, but after FOUR years of it, I think I need to part ways. I tried to part ways back when I had a 3GS and I bought a Samsung Captivate as it's replacement. I had the Captivate for 8 days until I went and picked up an iPhone 4. I was so close to breaking Apple's death-grip on me. So now, once again, I fell into the mainstream media hype over the iPhone 4S, and like usual, I had to go buy one. So now I have an iPhone 4S and with Apple's release of iOS 5 I really like the minimal customization and drop down notification bar (even though it's light years behind Android). Now I'm beginning to feel that it is time to part ways with iPhone once and for all. I had heard about the Galaxy S2 and that had me interested... Until while looking up the GS2 on YouTube, I found the almighty Galaxy Nexus. I've tried to persuade myself to go with GS2 because it's available now, but I just can't pull the trigger. My heart is set on the Galaxy Nexus. So being frustrated with the waiting and unknown release date, I've journeyed to two different AT&T stores to find some information. Yes I know that the dimwits that work in these stores are only slightly smarter than chipmunks, and that they would probably not even know what a Galaxy Nexus is. At the first store I was met aggressively by one of the floor operators. I asked him if and when AT&T was going to get the Galaxy Nexus. At first he didn't know what I was talking about until I said the word "Google". He then said that AT&T probably wouldn't get it soon because they just released the new HTC and GS2. He then led me over to the GS2 Skyrocket and was trying to get me to buy it. I wanted to, but with my heart set on the Nexus, I refused. So tonight I went to my local AT&T store hoping to find out some more information. I was literally cornered by the manager and asked if I need any help. This time I tried a different approach and try to go about the subject smoothly. All I said was, "AT&T and the Galaxy Nexus". She looked at me puzzled and then said, "Oh the Google phone!". I then asked her if she knew anything important regarding the release date. She said she hadn't heard ANYTHING about the Nexus. She then checked all her paperwork on her clipboard and said she hadn't received any memos or updates regarding the Galaxy Nexus. Now from my heart, I hope she's just one of the drones that AT&T hires and is not actually informed because if she was actually informed, then the Galaxy Nexus isn't close to being released. These are the only things that I personally know about the Galaxy Nexus release, so if anybody else knows anything feel free to share. On the other note, does anyone want to buy a 1 month old iPhone 4S?
    Last edited by WellHelloThere; 12-14-2011 at 01:10 AM.
  2. #2  

    Default

    Almost same here. I had a SR for about 30 days but returned it due to the screen issue and bad battery performance. I am setting my eyes on GN or SII too. I am even thinking about jumping to Vrz to get the phone. $700 for a 16g phone is just too much.
  3. #3  

    Default Re: AT&T Galaxy Nexus

    Quote Originally Posted by WellHelloThere View Post
    After hearing about the upcoming Galaxy Nexus I've been researching new information about confirmation of AT&T releasing the Nexus. Anyways I've been following this forum for about a week now and just now decided to make an account. This is my first post, so bear with me. Let me first start off and say that I am a 5th generation iPhone user. I've had an iPhone since November of 2007. I've loved the iPhone and everything its had to offer, but after FOUR years of it, I think I need to part ways. I tried to part ways back when I had a 3GS and I bought a Samsung Captivate as it's replacement. I had the Captivate for 8 days until I went and picked up an iPhone 4. I was so close to breaking Apple's death-grip on me. So now, once again, I fell into the mainstream media hype over the iPhone 4S, and like usual, I had to go buy one. So now I have an iPhone 4S and with Apple's release of iOS 5 I really like the minimal customization and drop down notification bar (even though it's light years behind Android). Now I'm beginning to feel that it is time to part ways with iPhone once and for all. I had heard about the Galaxy S2 and that had me interested... Until while looking up the GS2 on YouTube, I found the almighty Galaxy Nexus. I've tried to persuade myself to go with GS2 because it's available now, but I just can't pull the trigger. My heart is set on the Galaxy Nexus. So being frustrated with the waiting and unknown release date, I've journeyed to two different AT&T stores to find some information. Yes I know that the dimwits that work in these stores are only slightly smarter than chipmunks, and that they would probably not even know what a Galaxy Nexus is. At the first store I was met aggressively by one of the floor operators. I asked him if and when AT&T was going to get the Galaxy Nexus. At first he didn't know what I was talking about until I said the word "Google". He then said that AT&T probably wouldn't get it soon because they just released the new HTC and GS2. He then led me over to the GS2 Skyrocket and was trying to get me to buy it. I wanted to, but with my heart set on the Nexus, I refused. So tonight I went to my local AT&T store hoping to find out some more information. I was literally cornered by the manager and asked if I need any help. This time I tried a different approach and try to go about the subject smoothly. All I said was, "AT&T and the Galaxy Nexus". She looked at me puzzled and then said, "Oh the Google phone!". I then asked her if she knew anything important regarding the release date. She said she hadn't heard ANYTHING about the Nexus. She then checked all her paperwork on her clipboard and said she hadn't received any memos or updates regarding the Galaxy Nexus. Now from my heart, I hope she's just one of the drones that AT&T hires and is not actually informed because if she was actually informed, then the Galaxy Nexus isn't close to being released. These are the only things that I personally know about the Galaxy Nexus release, so if anybody else knows anything feel free to share. On the other note, does anyone want to buy a 1 month old iPhone 4S?
    How old are you, about 16?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

    Default Re: AT&T Galaxy Nexus

    Yeah I'm 16. How'd you know?
  5. #5  
    asuprice's Avatar

    Posts
    97 Posts
    Global Posts
    318 Global Posts

    Default Re: AT&T Galaxy Nexus

    Quote Originally Posted by WellHelloThere View Post
    After hearing about the upcoming Galaxy Nexus I've been researching new information about confirmation of AT&T releasing the Nexus. Anyways I've been following this forum for about a week now and just now decided to make an account. This is my first post, so bear with me. Let me first start off and say that I am a 5th generation iPhone user. I've had an iPhone since November of 2007. I've loved the iPhone and everything its had to offer, but after FOUR years of it, I think I need to part ways. I tried to part ways back when I had a 3GS and I bought a Samsung Captivate as it's replacement. I had the Captivate for 8 days until I went and picked up an iPhone 4. I was so close to breaking Apple's death-grip on me. So now, once again, I fell into the mainstream media hype over the iPhone 4S, and like usual, I had to go buy one. So now I have an iPhone 4S and with Apple's release of iOS 5 I really like the minimal customization and drop down notification bar (even though it's light years behind Android). Now I'm beginning to feel that it is time to part ways with iPhone once and for all. I had heard about the Galaxy S2 and that had me interested... Until while looking up the GS2 on YouTube, I found the almighty Galaxy Nexus. I've tried to persuade myself to go with GS2 because it's available now, but I just can't pull the trigger. My heart is set on the Galaxy Nexus. So being frustrated with the waiting and unknown release date, I've journeyed to two different AT&T stores to find some information. Yes I know that the dimwits that work in these stores are only slightly smarter than chipmunks, and that they would probably not even know what a Galaxy Nexus is. At the first store I was met aggressively by one of the floor operators. I asked him if and when AT&T was going to get the Galaxy Nexus. At first he didn't know what I was talking about until I said the word "Google". He then said that AT&T probably wouldn't get it soon because they just released the new HTC and GS2. He then led me over to the GS2 Skyrocket and was trying to get me to buy it. I wanted to, but with my heart set on the Nexus, I refused. So tonight I went to my local AT&T store hoping to find out some more information. I was literally cornered by the manager and asked if I need any help. This time I tried a different approach and try to go about the subject smoothly. All I said was, "AT&T and the Galaxy Nexus". She looked at me puzzled and then said, "Oh the Google phone!". I then asked her if she knew anything important regarding the release date. She said she hadn't heard ANYTHING about the Nexus. She then checked all her paperwork on her clipboard and said she hadn't received any memos or updates regarding the Galaxy Nexus. Now from my heart, I hope she's just one of the drones that AT&T hires and is not actually informed because if she was actually informed, then the Galaxy Nexus isn't close to being released. These are the only things that I personally know about the Galaxy Nexus release, so if anybody else knows anything feel free to share. On the other note, does anyone want to buy a 1 month old iPhone 4S?
    They won't comment on a phone that hasn't officially been announced. They are aware of what it is, but just play dumb, or say there hasn't been an announcement yet. Look at how verizon released it. It's the same thing, they won't speak about it until it's actually announced or released.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: AT&T Galaxy Nexus

    Quote Originally Posted by asuprice View Post
    They won't comment on a phone that hasn't officially been announced. They are aware of what it is, but just play dumb, or say there hasn't been an announcement yet. Look at how verizon released it. It's the same thing, they won't speak about it until it's actually announced or released.
    exactly. these are the same responces I heard at ATT stores when inquired about Galaxy S II and only in one store in Chinatown the rep secretly told me the day it will appear at the store and gave me her card. she was like "oh I hope I wont get in trouble for that" lol but she was quite excited about it herself.
    so yes those people at the carrier stores are very well aware of the new devices they just can't talk about it. the only way we can learn someting is from the rumors at various forums.
  7. #7  
    Primed4nexus's Avatar

    Posts
    47 Posts
    ROM
    CM9 Alpha 11

    Default Re: AT&T Galaxy Nexus

    the bottom line is this...

    ATT has never officially released a Nexus device and historically speaking they are really lacking with the depth of android products available (yes they have gotten better of late but thats only due to no longer having exclusivity with the iphone)

    the best advice I can give you is buy a unlocked nexus s for ATT. I got mine for $260.. its gonna be the first phone on ATT with ICS. and plus you dont have to renew your carrier contract w/ ATT (you would be spending the same amount of $$ or more buying a galaxy nexus or gs2 skyrocket on contract)

    and unless you live in an area where ATT has released its LTE the really is no point in purchasing an LTE phone at this time

    thats just my $ .02
  8. #8  

    Default Re: AT&T Galaxy Nexus

    i can see att getting the GN being that originally the iphone was exclusively for att, but look how long it took for the iphone to get to verizon but its definitely possible. Im just going to kick back an wait and see what happens. BTW how much are you looking for the iPhone 4s
  9. #9  

    Default Re: AT&T Galaxy Nexus

    Quote Originally Posted by WellHelloThere View Post
    Yeah I'm 16. How'd you know?
    The denigrating of the sales reps.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

    Default Re: AT&T Galaxy Nexus

    Ha, standing up for the sales representatives! I've been handed nothing but bull from the ones that I've dealt with.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

    Default Re: AT&T Galaxy Nexus

    $688.80
    That's how much the Galaxy Nexus is on ebay.
  12. #12  

    Default Re: AT&T Galaxy Nexus

    Quote Originally Posted by WellHelloThere View Post
    $688.80
    That's how much the Galaxy Nexus is on ebay.
    link?
  13. #13  

    Default Re: AT&T Galaxy Nexus

    My .02 cents. We will know more from CES or MWC. Doubt you will see it before March or so on AT&T. By then, other phones will have or be launching with ICS, leaving the Nexus behind. Same thing happened with the Nexus S. By the time they launched the Nexus S on AT&T, they just did not sell well. Someone said that 750 is too much for a 16GB phone and I agree with that. If they had the 32GB, I would at least think about it...
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

    Default Re: AT&T Galaxy Nexus

    To ebay or my iPhone 4S?
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

    Default Re: AT&T Galaxy Nexus

    Yeah, that's exactly what I don't want to happen (but probably will). AT&T has got to realize that it just can't rely on iPhone sales to account for all their phones sold.
  16. #16  

    Default Re: AT&T Galaxy Nexus

    Quote Originally Posted by WellHelloThere View Post
    To ebay or my iPhone 4S?
    ebay
  17. #17  
    1088933's Avatar
    Androidoholic

    Posts
    738 Posts
    ROM
    AOKP JB 4.1 Franco rr230

    Default Re: AT&T Galaxy Nexus

    I made the choice to fork over the 700.00 to just import it a few weeks ago and haven't looked back. A lot of money yeah, but worth it. This phone is worth every penny!

    Every time I walk into the ATT store close to me, I let them play with the phone. I see them as raccoons, and me handing them a shiny. They always seem to talk then, and always say that they are getting it, they just don't have a confirmation date. The last time I went in there the manager was saying (while starry eyed and drooling), that he was hoping to be here for Christmas but it wasn't looking promising. So if he's looking for it already, hopefully ATT will see it in Q1.
    Galaxy Nexus

    Nokia 920

    Moto X
  18. #18  
    dtno9's Avatar

    Posts
    2 Posts
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

    Default Re: AT&T Galaxy Nexus

    Quote Originally Posted by 1088933 View Post
    I made the choice to fork over the 700.00 to just import it a few weeks ago and haven't looked back. A lot of money yeah, but worth it. This phone is worth every penny!

    Every time I walk into the ATT store close to me, I let them play with the phone. I see them as raccoons, and me handing them a shiny. They always seem to talk then, and always say that they are getting it, they just don't have a confirmation date. The last time I went in there the manager was saying (while starry eyed and drooling), that he was hoping to be here for Christmas but it wasn't looking promising. So if he's looking for it already, hopefully ATT will see it in Q1.
    I like how you walked in to the stores and rubbing it in there faces. When ever I can do that I do. I still have my nexus one and they always try and sell me their crap.

    You would think ATT would like to drive up buzz or even get the anticipation up by saying "Yes, we are getting it and its scheduled to come out ..." I would think people would say great, I'll come back then. Instead of keeping it so damn secretive.
  19. #19  

    Default Re: AT&T Galaxy Nexus

    Do the Unlocked GSM Galaxy Nexus on ATT runs on LTE?

    Please let me know as I am about to go and buy a unlocked GN world phone.

    Totally bummed with ATT for not releasing GN at CES.
  20. #20  
    Mr.Froyo's Avatar

    Posts
    29 Posts
    ROM
    AOKP's current nightly

    Default Re: AT&T Galaxy Nexus

    Quote Originally Posted by bekudi View Post
    Do the Unlocked GSM Galaxy Nexus on ATT runs on LTE?

    Please let me know as I am about to go and buy a unlocked GN world phone.

    Totally bummed with ATT for not releasing GN at CES.
    Well AT&T has never released the Nexus with much notice. The N1 wasn't even released through AT&T, but Google's web store. Also, it was announced the same time it was able to be purchased, in the middle of March. the Nexus S wasn't even until July. I still have hope.
  21. #21  

    Default Re: AT&T Galaxy Nexus

    never mind
  22. #22  

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bekudi View Post
    Do the Unlocked GSM Galaxy Nexus on ATT runs on LTE?

    Please let me know as I am about to go and buy a unlocked GN world phone.

    Totally bummed with ATT for not releasing GN at CES.
    Only the CDMA Verizon version of GN has LTE radios. Well, at least until Sprint can get their acts together anyway. Even then, it is still the Sprint CDMA version.

    So yeah in other words, the unlocked GSM version will not run on LTE. It does, however, support both AT&T and T-Mobile high speed HSPA networks. Pentaband baby!
  23. #23  

    Default

    Just got mine today went to the att store to get a new sim and to change my plan from the iPhone to the 4g for Android there is no LTE but I am getting speeds consistent in dfw at 5mps -7mps download

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  24. #24  
    pounder001's Avatar

    Posts
    357 Posts
    Global Posts
    849 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

    Default Re: AT&T Galaxy Nexus

    Quote Originally Posted by gnex4life View Post
    Just got mine today went to the att store to get a new sim and to change my plan from the iPhone to the 4g for Android there is no LTE but I am getting speeds consistent in dfw at 5mps -7mps download

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Great phone for sure! I am not seeing speeds that strong here in the memphis, TN area but the smoothness of ICS 4.0.2 and the zero AT&T bloatware more than make up for it
  25. #25  

    Default

    definately better I love it

    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Posting Permissions

B