Have you unlocked the bootloader?

aviduser

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
I was thinking of unlocking the bootloader before moving in. I might not need root, but I would be nice to have it just in case.

I never rooted my N1, but I would love to delete some apps due to the limited memory. But I don't want to wipe and reinstall everything.

What have you all done?

aviduser

blackoutRF

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I unlocked bootloader, installed the recovery and rooted phone, as well as installing AndroidRevolution HD custom rom and a custom Overclock/Underclock/voltage kernel to help with battery life. Check out XDA

bold1193

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Can someone tell me how to unlock the bootloader on the galaxy nexus? And can someone also send me the link of where I can root the Verizon Galaxy Nexus? Thanks

deathbysnoosnoo

Feb 19, 2011
Visit site
Check out xda-developers.com for the answer to all those questions. Lots of good info there. Watch out for trolls. They bite.

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Unlocked. Better to do it now while you don't have much on the device than wait until later if you're going to do it.

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
I can't this info This program can't start because AdbWinApi.dll is missing from your computer"

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I can't this info This program can't start because AdbWinApi.dll is missing from your computer"

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Is it in the incorrect folder? It should be in the \android-sdk\platform-tools folder. Also might need to re install or install the correct files from SDK. I didn't get that, I had a problem with the computer not recognizing the phone. Took a couple hours to get through it :/

JoeUserTX

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
Run the SDK Manager application under the android-sdk folder. You can select the platform-tools package and install it from there. Also, install the Google USB drivers and see if those work (they didn't for me, but others apparently have had no problem with them).

I'm unlocked. The toughest part was getting the proper USB driver installed. Check the stickied Unlock thread for more info regarding that.

Good luck! Be advised that it takes a little longer to fully boot up after initially unlocking (I made the mistake of thinking that I was stuck in a loop when the colored blocks animation kept looping forever)...

legendarydog

Android Enthusiast
Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
If I do this now, after all my apps are already on, will it auto sync my apps again or am i to late?

Your apps are in the cloud with your Google account. it's not too late.

--

I am getting frustrated that I cannot do anything with my phone because I cannot find a clear method to unlock my phone for Macs. I've found several tutorials but they are all very confusing and don't seem to match up with what I see on my computer screen.

So far I've opened the SDK through Terminal but then I don't know which packages to install. That's where I'm stuck.

It would be great if someone could post a video tutorial so that we could sticky it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kiaara