Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Screen defects?

Just got my Nexus, and I noticed at the bottom of almost every app there appears to be a hairline scratch under the screen. You can't see it when the screen is dark, black is completely invisible but anything with a grey button background will really bring it out:

http://i.imgur.com/prFa2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/TVviC.png

Kinda hard to see but it's there. I'm just curious if anyone else has something like this, sure hope not though.

Default Re: Screen defects?

Looks like a defect to me. I'm having this other issue, myself. Are you seeing that?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by sikosmurf View Post
    Looks like a defect to me. I'm having this other issue, myself. Are you seeing that?
    I haven't noticed it but I too vaguely remember hearing that was normal for AMOLED screens. I'd wait for some more replies though.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,724 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOSP, & stock.

I have defects on my screen too. Long parralel lines that really show in low brightness. My SGS2 never had that? Seems to clear with higher brightness set. Hmmmm

The horizontal and vertical straight lines are normal (the problem sikosmurf is having), but the curved line at the bottom of the screen seems to be a defect to me. The odd lines that show up when the phone's screen is dimmed with solid-colored backgrounds is normal for the technology. Curved lines, however, are not.

Quote Originally Posted by dcdttu View Post
    The horizontal and vertical straight lines are normal (the problem sikosmurf is having), but the curved line at the bottom of the screen seems to be a defect to me. The odd lines that show up when the phone's screen is dimmed with solid-colored backgrounds is normal for the technology. Curved lines, however, are not.
    Well, not sure what to say. I had pretty distinct horizontal bars on mine. Looked like the screen was burned in. I took it back to the store and they exchanged it without much fuss. The new one is just fine, as was the one on display at the store