Just got my Nexus, and I noticed at the bottom of almost every app there appears to be a hairline scratch under the screen. You can't see it when the screen is dark, black is completely invisible but anything with a grey button background will really bring it out:

http://i.imgur.com/prFa2.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/TVviC.png

Kinda hard to see but it's there. I'm just curious if anyone else has something like this, sure hope not though.
    12-15-2011 05:39 PM
    Looks like a defect to me. I'm having this other issue, myself. Are you seeing that?
    12-16-2011 07:36 AM
    Looks like a defect to me. I'm having this other issue, myself. Are you seeing that?
    I haven't noticed it but I too vaguely remember hearing that was normal for AMOLED screens. I'd wait for some more replies though.
    12-16-2011 08:28 AM
    I have defects on my screen too. Long parralel lines that really show in low brightness. My SGS2 never had that? Seems to clear with higher brightness set. Hmmmm
    12-16-2011 08:41 AM
    The horizontal and vertical straight lines are normal (the problem sikosmurf is having), but the curved line at the bottom of the screen seems to be a defect to me. The odd lines that show up when the phone's screen is dimmed with solid-colored backgrounds is normal for the technology. Curved lines, however, are not.
    12-16-2011 09:19 AM
    The horizontal and vertical straight lines are normal (the problem sikosmurf is having), but the curved line at the bottom of the screen seems to be a defect to me. The odd lines that show up when the phone's screen is dimmed with solid-colored backgrounds is normal for the technology. Curved lines, however, are not.
    Well, not sure what to say. I had pretty distinct horizontal bars on mine. Looked like the screen was burned in. I took it back to the store and they exchanged it without much fuss. The new one is just fine, as was the one on display at the store
    12-16-2011 10:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD