How can I tell when Battery is done charging?

herbmmm

May 10, 2010
Visit site
How can I tell when Battery is done charging if I have the phone in sleep mode? With my Droid Incredable the Led would change from red to green. That doesn't seem to be the case with the Nexus.

diesteldorf

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I'd also like to know. I've been waiting to begin using it. I stuck in in about 8 hours ago, with the phone off, and I still see the white lightning bolt.

How long did everyone else charge theirs for the first time?

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
The only way I've been able to tell is if:

1) Charging while powered down, the battery icon will appear solid white with nothing else flashing. If it's still charging, it will slowly flash like a charging battery with a black section indicating how much still remains to be charged.

2) Charging while powered on, there will be no charge (lightning) icon in the battery. Also going into Settings>Battery will tell you if it is charging or not.

Brandon

bplewis24

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site
the lightning bolt goes away on mine.. the battery jus turns solid white. I agree it should be green though

I don't think the LED notification light is working properly yet. I just downloaded Handcent to test the LED and when I press "test" to see it light up, the app force closes. And it doesn't light up for other typical notifications like G+ updates.

Brandon

Hearthatvoiceagain

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
I can see this being a popular mod once someone figures it out. If you are used to phones with a notification light that indicates charging its a pain not to have it.

herbmmm

May 10, 2010
Visit site
Light Flow is the answer! It will tell you when battery is charging, when it is fully charged, you can set a notification light to let you know when charge drops to a set level, and it will set LED to blink when an e-mail arrives!

anon(7773)

Jan 17, 2010
Visit site
Isn't it Ironic that the Fascinate has an audible notification that is very hard to get rid of? Maybe Samsung got too much heat for that?!?

rschilleman

Dec 19, 2009
Visit site
How can I tell when Battery is done charging if I have the phone in sleep mode? With my Droid Incredable the Led would change from red to green. That doesn't seem to be the case with the Nexus.
It is also on the lock screen as a percentage. It says Fully Charged once charged. (You cannot have owner info entered)

baynard17

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
Try using the app "light flow". It allows you to have the light different colors for charging and charged. I hope this helps and im not repeating anyone. Im playing MW3 and posting.

HunterOrHunted

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I concur with the two above -- light flow! There is a free version, and i love it. It gives different colors, flashing intervals/patterns, customized to specific apps (and sometimes even specific contacts!). I have mine turn bright pink and stay on solid until i unplug it. Works fantastically!

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site

If your phone is on, it says charged on the lock screen. If your phone is off, the battery icon will be solid instead of animated.

jwsnj3rd

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
So your saying the only way to know if your phone is charged is by downloading an app that kinda sucks or am I reading it wrong.

Last edited:

tcapote

Geek Freak
May 15, 2010
Visit site
Light Flow is awesome. When I am charging, I have my led set to yellow and it turns green when charging is complete. Check it out and support the developer!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze