Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    AOKP / Franco.Kernel

Default One dead pixel?

Yesterday I noticed that there is one tiny dead pixel on my amazing Nexus screen. Right in the center, and it always remains black. Is this something that could just be temporary or would you suggest taking it back? Anyone else notice anything like this on theirs?

Default Re: One dead pixel?

Take it back. Nothing is more annoying than a dead pixel once you see it. Definitely a manufacturing defect. You shouldn't have trouble exchanging it.

I just noticed a dead pixel on my s2 about a week ago. I really can't notice unless i look for it but i know its there.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

've got one as well. It isn't in the middle of the screen, it's lower - between the app drawer icon and the icon to the right of that. I tried to exchange it but the manager at my Verizon store said they won't exchange for dead pixels unless it has three or more. I didn't push for it but I'm sure if I said I'll just return the damned thing they may have changed their tune.

One pixel isn't that much but I'm a little OCD about this stuff and it is driving me nuts! I have until next month to try and convince myself it isn't a big deal. o_o
    BBM Channels: C000A780F
    Twitter: @theooklah

Quote Originally Posted by ooklah View Post
    've got one as well. It isn't in the middle of the screen, it's lower - between the app drawer icon and the icon to the right of that. I tried to exchange it but the manager at my Verizon store said they won't exchange for dead pixels unless it has three or more. I didn't push for it but I'm sure if I said I'll just return the damned thing they may have changed their tune.

One pixel isn't that much but I'm a little OCD about this stuff and it is driving me nuts! I have until next month to try and convince myself it isn't a big deal. o_o
    I'd call Verizon and explain the issue. Call when you are in the store. Complain that you are being refused an exchange for a legitimate defect. I'm not sure about what consumer protection laws apply where you are, but I'm sure that they have to exchange something if it's defective. I don't think they get to pick and choose based on severity.

I'm also OCD when it comes to expensive electronics.

Global Posts
    11,775 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock for now

I would make a scene if all else fails. it seems to work everytime
    If i've made life easier buy me a Macchiato

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

take it back. i heard about this issue before i got mine, and the first thing i did was do stuck pixel tests.
    Follow me on Twitter & Instagram @EvanR32

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

I managed to get them to replace mine today without TOO much fuss. I had to be really adamant that I was not happy with it. I had my old phone in my other pocket ready to return the whole thing. Luckily I never had to play that card.
    My new one is perfect, though. I am now completely satisfied with this phone!

Also, upon further inspection of my original screen, it wasn't actually a dead pixel but a dust particle between the glass and display. I think it bothered me more knowing that!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    10,930 Global Posts
    ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by ooklah View Post
    I managed to get them to replace mine today without TOO much fuss. I had to be really adamant that I was not happy with it. I had my old phone in my other pocket ready to return the whole thing. Luckily I never had to play that card.
    My new one is perfect, though. I am now completely satisfied with this phone!

Also, upon further inspection of my original screen, it wasn't actually a dead pixel but a dust particle between the glass and display. I think it bothered me more knowing that!
    Sorry to bring this back.

I have what appears to be 2 of these on my replacement device. One is a blue stuck pixel, one appears to be a piece of dust.

Do any pixel apps work? What's the best?
    Can I "blow" the dust out?

Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk

Global Posts
    294 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    Sorry to bring this back.

I have what appears to be 2 of these on my replacement device. One is a blue stuck pixel, one appears to be a piece of dust.

Do any pixel apps work? What's the best?
    Can I "blow" the dust out?

Thanks!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk
    I have never had any luck getting stuck pixels to "unstick" on any device I've owned that was unfortunate enough to have them.

As for the dust - it was under the glass on my screen. No way to get it out without tearing the phone apart and introducing even more dust. Not to mention voiding the warranty.

If it's a big enough deal to you I would ask for another replacement.

Sent from my PlayBook using Tapatalk