Headset jack on bottom.... yea or nay?

Headset Jack Location... whats your preference.

• Total voters

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
After a week with the GN and having used the Rezound prior. I think I would have preferred the jack on the top of the phone.

For myself, when using a treadmill or elliptical, I use one of the cup holders to hold my phone in place while I exercise. Having the jack on top works better.

So... what do you think?

JeffDenver

Banned
May 3, 2010
Visit site
Top, for the exact same reasons you just mentioned.

I guess you could just flip the phone upside down if you had to...I never keep the screen on anyway. And doesnt ICS allow you to auto-rotate the screen anyway?

Eggshen

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I would prefer it on the top. When I plug the 3.5mm cable from the phone to my car stereo aux input I can't put the phone in the cup holder and now place it on the passenger seat. I can't do it upside down either because I turned auto-rotation off since it has a mind of it's own a lot of times.

Not that big of a deal, just more of a preference.

kaze06

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Top seems more practical for many uses, but being on the bottom also provides some convenience. When holding the phone with one hand, the cord doesn't make it as awkward to hold being on the bottom.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

lockdown571

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
So glad to have it on the bottom again (the iPod touch has it in the bottom). Makes a lot more sense when you put it in your pocket. The phone will be right side up when you pull it out. Also, when holding the device in your hand the wire is less likely to get in the way.

Lodingi

Q&A Team
Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
No difference for me. I use a stereo Bluetooth headset when jogging. :p

If I did use a wired headset, having the jack on the bottom is preferred as I hold my device when jogging.

j c m

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
I like it on the bottom. When I place it in my vehicle mount, both power and audio cables come of the bottom and look much better than having the audio coming out of the top.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12