Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Xm_jdm
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Returning the Galaxy Nexus :(

I must say that I am really bummed out about having to do this. After receiving my Galaxy Nexus this past Monday, I have experienced (like many of you) random reboots through out the day. First reboot was only after 1 hour of receiving the phone. Then 2 more the same day. I factory reset my phone 2 times and it did not fix the reboots. My intial reaction was that I would deal with it and that it was probably an ICS bug that will be ironed out. Well yesterday night I was on a phone call with my son, who I dont get to see very often nor talk to, and 3 minutes in the call dropped. I thought maybe it was the signal but as I pulled the phone away from my face to look, it was showing the reboot animation. Frustrated, I tried calling him back and was unable to get him back on the phone.

I really did enjoy this phone during the short time I had with it and I am going to really miss the big beautiful display but I just cant have a phone that is going to constantly disconnect me from important phone calls. Hell, even make me MISS phone calls because of the very LOW VOLUME. Yes, this is one of my only other peeves with this phone.

So for now I say goodbye to the Galaxy Nexus. I may take a look again later down the road but for now I am looking for something that is more stable.

You all are awesome here and I always look forward to coming back here when I pick up a new Android device.
    Banned

ROM
    Stock for now

Default Re: Returning the Galaxy Nexus :(

What are you going back to?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I dont know yet. I have an iPhone 4 that I have laying around that I use for music (its unlocked) so I am will be using that for the time being. A friend of mine suggested I look at the European HTC Beats phone (the name escapes me). He has one and says its been very stable for him and he loves it.
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,519 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Lets see no reboots no drop calls no screen issue. Every post i see on this a couple post they say there going back to ipone. Whats that saying?
    Thanked by:

I had issues with my gnex...... I exchanged for a new one, and now everything is great. I am using the same apps/options as my first one, and my battery now lasts significantly longer (my battery went from 100-dead in seven hours while I was sleeping) , and have yet to drop a call or reboot like my first one. The volume issue was fixed for me with an app called volume+. Just another option for you!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

So since you got a lemon you going to get a different phone? Why not get a new galaxy nexus? What is with all the people who get a lemon instantly want a different phone? I have also saw a lot of people blaming there lemon device as a part of androd and gettin an iphone, I say they all get iphons and stop clogging up the forums. Btw my galaxy nexus has worked perfectly since I got in on launch morning.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    Lets see no reboots no drop calls no screen issue. Every post i see on this a couple post they say there going back to ipone. Whats that saying?
    I didnt say I was going back to iPhone. I said I have one laying around that has been sitting in my car glove compartment soley for use as a music player.

I need a phone, it is essential to my business and my personal life. As I continue to search for a replacement why would I not use a phone that is freely available to me?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by 18TGTI04 View Post
    So since you got a lemon you going to get a different phone? Why not get a new galaxy nexus? What is with all the people who get a lemon instantly want a different phone? I have also saw a lot of people blaming there lemon device as a part of androd and gettin an iphone, I say they all get iphons and stop clogging up the forums. Btw my galaxy nexus has worked perfectly since I got in on launch morning.

I guess you failed to read my post also. Why are you automaticaly assuming that I am jumping ship and running back to an iPhone? Jesus some of you are super sensitive about iPhones around here. I am first to say, I have used every generation iPhone and I have had every Nexus phone. Between iPhone and Nexus I am perfectly happy. BEFORE my Galaxy Nexus, I had a Nexus S AND an iPhone 4S. Every few weeks I would swap between the two of them. So what? I sold my iPhone 4S for this phone and gave my Nexus S to a friend of mine who lost just about everything he owned in an apartment fire.

Unfortunately it did not live up to my expectations when it comes to reliablity. THATS ALL.

I dont want to deal with sending this phone back and then waiting for a replacement to find out that the replacement is defective too. I would rather not go through all that. Maybe for some of you that is okay, but for me I have other things I would rather do then ship back and forth. I know some of you may not like to hear this but iOS has it's faults but one thing I have come accustomed to is that it was reliable and didnt suffer constant reboots like this.

My Nexus S was very solid and if I felt like being a **** I would ask for it back but that is not me. So again, for the time being and while I do a bit more research, YES I will be using my spare iPhone that has gone unused as a mobile phone for months. Why is that so upsetting to some of you?

A replacement galaxy nexus is freely available to you

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

A replacement galaxy nexus is freely available to you

And I have to send this back at my expense, wait for them to receive it then have them send me a replacement (ground shipping, yes I asked). Wait for that one and it might be fouled up too.

Sorry, as I said I have other things I would rather do.

Fanboi-ism seems to be flowing through you.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Quote Originally Posted by Dwfolke View Post
    I had issues with my gnex...... I exchanged for a new one, and now everything is great. I am using the same apps/options as my first one, and my battery now lasts significantly longer (my battery went from 100-dead in seven hours while I was sleeping) , and have yet to drop a call or reboot like my first one. The volume issue was fixed for me with an app called volume+. Just another option for you!

Thank you for the suggestion. My buddy is stopping by later tonight to show me his HTC Beats phone. I am going to see if he will trade me for a few days and let me give it a test run.

Quote Originally Posted by Xm_jdm View Post
    I guess you failed to read my post also. Why are you automaticaly assuming that I am jumping ship and running back to an iPhone? Jesus some of you are super sensitive about iPhones around here. I am first to say, I have used every generation iPhone and I have had every Nexus phone. Between iPhone and Nexus I am perfectly happy. BEFORE my Galaxy Nexus, I had a Nexus S AND an iPhone 4S. Every few weeks I would swap between the two of them. So what? I sold my iPhone 4S for this phone and gave my Nexus S to a friend of mine who lost just about everything he owned in an apartment fire.

Unfortunately it did not live up to my expectations when it comes to reliablity. THATS ALL.

I dont want to deal with sending this phone back and then waiting for a replacement to find out that the replacement is defective too. I would rather not go through all that. Maybe for some of you that is okay, but for me I have other things I would rather do then ship back and forth. I know some of you may not like to hear this but iOS has it's faults but one thing I have come accustomed to is that it was reliable and didnt suffer constant reboots like this.

My Nexus S was very solid and if I felt like being a **** I would ask for it back but that is not me. So again, for the time being and while I do a bit more research, YES I will be using my spare iPhone that has gone unused as a mobile phone for months. Why is that so upsetting to some of you?
    In all fairness, your first post says you will come back when you get a new Android phone. That sounds like you're leaving and may or may not come back soon. Then you mention the iPhone. That makes people think you are abandoning Android and blaming it for the problems of the Nexus. Android is a stable OS. The phone is the issue so at least blame the problem on the correct source.

Do you always abandon products if the first unit you receive is defective - TV's, gaming consoles, computers, appliances, and other phones just to name a few options? If so it's senseless because absolutely no electronic product is without defective, DOA units.

That being said, there are a lot of trolls on this site. But if you think it's bad here, go to an iSheep forum and mention Android or any other product competing with Apple. The response there will be much worse than it is here.

And NO I don't hate Apple products - I hate the diehard Apple loyalists who blindly support, advertise, and recommend Apple products as the best when, in most cases, they aren't the class leader. They need to shut up or admit the truth based on actual facts rather than trollism.

iPhones are basically Android for dummies. Apple says "Here have a smart phone, but you can only use it the way we want and how we want." And I like iPhones...

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by imtoomuch; 12-23-2011 at 04:55 PM.
    Thanked by:

All I have to say is haaaaa.

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Quote Originally Posted by imtoomuch View Post
    In all fairness, your first post says you will come back when you get a new Android phone. That sounds like you're leaving and may or may not come back soon. Then you mention the iPhone. That makes people think you are abandoning Android and blaming it for the problems of the Nexus. Android is a stable OS. The phone is the issue so at least blame the problem on the correct source.

Do you always abandon products if the first unit you receive is defective - TV's, gaming consoles, computers, appliances, and other phones just to name a few options? If so it's senseless because absolutely no electronic product is without defective, DOA units.

That being said, there are a lot of trolls on this site. But if you think it's bad here, go to an iSheep forum and mention Android or any other product competing with Apple. The response there will be much worse than it is here.

And NO I don't hate Apple products - I hate the diehard Apple loyalists who blindly support, advertise, and recommend Apple products as the best when, in most cases, they aren't the class leader. They need to shut up or admit the truth based on actual facts rather than trollism.

iPhones are basically Android for dummies. Apple says "Here have a smart phone, but you can only use it the way we want and how we want." And I like iPhones...

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    I am not going to turn it into one of "those" kind of threads but I do have to say that comments like "iPhones are basically Android for dummies" are ignorant. Coming from someone who uses both OS's constantly, I disagree. Both have their pros and cons but again, I dont want to take this thread there.

I am not "leaving" and running to the open arms of iPhone loyalists. I spend a lot of time around here but dont post as frequently as others.

Do I abandon products when they are defective? NO.

I said it earlier that I am looking into ANOTHER Android device. And I am using what I have available to me RIGHT NOW, AT THIS VERY MOMENT. I have explained why I dont want to wait weeks to get a phone that might be the same condition.

It's not like buying a TV from a local store, say Best Buy. Getting home, finding out it is faulty and then going back to the store and getting a replacement (which I have done in the past). This process takes longer, is more tedious and I dont want to wait. Easy as that.

I am aware that some iOS sites are full of their Fanboi hate. And there are some here but there is no reason for it in thie thread. I politely explained why I was moving away from the device for the time being and you'd think I kicked someone's dog the way some are so seemingly offended,
    yapkuen likes this.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

All I have to say is haaaaa.

All you have to say is "haaaa"?

You're making yourself look worse by acting like a troll.

Ahhhh haaaa

Good idea import another phone from Europe that may or may not be defective and you could potentially be in the same boat your in now. Or you could get another nexus for the same amount of hassle. Like I said everyone who gets a lemon instantly wants a different phone.

18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Good idea import another phone from Europe that may or may not be defective and you could potentially be in the same boat your in now. Or you could get another nexus for the same amount of hassle. Like I said everyone who gets a lemon instantly wants a different phone.

No troll. I dont know why I continuing with you but I shall humor you. There is a local import shop here where I live that stocks this phone. So if it pans out that its a worth while purchase then I will grab it from them. They dont stock the Galaxy Nexus and the owner says he wont for at least another month. I said I would look into it later and see if the problem has been fixed. There is a thread of 4 pages of other users who are having this VERY same problem. They may choose to stick with the phone, I wont.

Aparently you have some sort of sexual connection with this phone as you are extremely **** hurt over me returning it. That or you're too ignorant and thick headed to respect another users choice.

I am going to ignore you now troll. I have fed you enough,
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    6,356 Global Posts
    ROM
    NOS M7 Sense 5.0

Let's stay on topic here please. Your best option like stated would be get a replacement by sending it in or going to your local store which will swap it out right there. I think you have a lemon most Nexus don't have reboot issues.

Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

I had my good laugh for the evening. Thanks guys. I hope you are able to find a phone that works for you. My Nexus works great. Lemon iPhone or lemon android is no fun and no good.

21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #21  

I cant swap it out because it was bought from Negri. The turn around is far longer than I want to wait. I'd rather return it, take a look at another handset that I can actually test drive and then make the decision then. OR wait until my local import store gets them in stock and try it out then.
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #22  

Quote Originally Posted by ivanrooni View Post
    I had my good laugh for the evening. Thanks guys. I hope you are able to find a phone that works for you. My Nexus works great. Lemon iPhone or lemon android is no fun and no good.

Thanks Ivan. I hope to give it a shot again later.