How many Apps is Too Many?

bold lover

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
First time Android user and I'm wondering at what point will the device slow down in terms of running apps or installed apps? Coming from a blackberry, this was always a concern. If I installed more than 5 apps on my Blackberry Torch 9000 it would slow to a crawl. I'm wondering if there are similar limits with my Galaxy Nexus?

Also if I can't close apps, will it slow the device down just leaving them cached?

Thanks,

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Don't worry about it. I had over 200 apps installed on my Thunderbolt with no impact on performance. The way Android stores apps is very different from how BBOS handles it. I don't have as many apps on my Galaxy Nexus since I didn't transfer all my apps over.

Also, with the way memory is partitioned on the Nexus, you have 28 gigs available for apps (and everything else) on a new phone. So download to your heart's content.

You can close out apps by hitting the Recent Apps button and swiping on the app list icons.

Sent using Tapatalk

Last edited:

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Over 200 apps? That's nuts. I have like 25 and I think that is too much.:eek:

I got into the habit of trying almost every Amazon free app of the day. Even with that many apps, I still had about 1 gig of app storage left on my Tbolt. When I switched to the Nexus, I made an effort to get rid of stuff I wasn't using.

Sent using Tapatalk

SHWELL

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
200 apps. lol.. The GN is my second Android device, the first was a Droid X. and I have yet to see the number of apps have much of an impact. Having a lot open at the same time is a different story, but I dont see any reason why you would run a max number of apps.

Channan

Keyboard Warrior
Mar 21, 2010
Visit site
Wow 200 apps is crazy! Haha I have 82 apps/tweaks installed (a lot being Google Apps) on my Galaxy Nexus and I feel that's probably a little higher than normal. On my iPhone I have 127 third party apps and I feel like that's a ton.

Nexus6

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
I have a total of 296 apps installed on my Evo 3D
7 movable
209 on SD card
78 on phone only
Info from App2SD Pro

I only have 50 apps installed on my Galaxy Nexus.
Some apps are still not compatible with ICS.

razortaz18

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
78. Anymore than that and your phone will implode. Or maybe that was fixed in the 4.0.2 update......Hopefully.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Whenever you start noticing a 'restart' takes way toooo loooong to come back on (that is back to the home screen).

Stardate Tab 10.1

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
That is a drawback on stock ice cream sandwich to have alot of apps and widgets. The launcher is very cumbersome to scroll through all those apps and widgets.

sent from Tapatalk App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar