Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By rosetta.stoned
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Low volume update - soon!

Spoke with a supervisor at my Verizon store today about the volume problem with the phone. I am still on the fence with this GNex... Supposedly this was news to him. He checked on his magic employee website about updates and there is one coming soon. He had no date for me though. He was also pretty persistent on me keeping this phone too, but at least it known to Verizon (how could it not be?) and they are working on it. I know there are apps to help but we shouldn't have to download an app for this phone to have a normal volume. I really want to love this phone but that is a big problem with me as is the terrible life of the battery.
    CD1X likes this.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,023 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Default Re: Low volume update - soon!

Does the supervisor want to by a bridge?

He doesn't know jack. He is assuming because yes there is an update coming but like most he knows that the nexus is supposed to get updates more frequently then other devices.
    It's been a known issue along with LTE since before the phone was released.
    The store guys don't find anything out from corporate until the day or two before a launch.
    Thanked by 2:

Quote Originally Posted by rosetta.stoned View Post
    Spoke with a supervisor at my Verizon store today about the volume problem with the phone. I am still on the fence with this GNex... Supposedly this was news to him. He checked on his magic employee website about updates and there is one coming soon. He had no date for me though. He was also pretty persistent on me keeping this phone too, but at least it known to Verizon (how could it not be?) and they are working on it. I know there are apps to help but we shouldn't have to download an app for this phone to have a normal volume. I really want to love this phone but that is a big problem with me as is the terrible life of the battery.
    Wow rosetta_stoned couldn't of said it better I feel exactly the same way about this phone but my biggest problem is the weak radio in this thing and not being able to pick up 4g in my house when my tbolt did with no problems.. and then comes all the other things you mentioned but that I could live with just to own a effing nexus brand phone.. The name alone is like heroin you love it but hate it at the same time and you can't let go of the stupid thing or bring it back!

Quote Originally Posted by tony bag o donuts View Post
    Does the supervisor want to by a bridge?

He doesn't know jack. He is assuming because yes there is an update coming but like most he knows that the nexus is supposed to get updates more frequently then other devices.
    It's been a known issue along with LTE since before the phone was released.
    The store guys don't find anything out from corporate until the day or two before a launch.
    Oh tony forrgetttabouttitt.. What you said is not all true some do know what there talking and he might of been one of them.. So we have to give him the benefit of the doubt
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,023 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

I know but the OP said the Verizon rep said it was news to him, and he is the supervisor.

Not saying people all are bad, but most are still uniformed and in the end salesmen.
    Heck they wanted me to put task killer on the device. I said are you serious?
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I believe him... maybe no one has complained to him yet? I can't believe that a supervisor.could know every problem with every phone that is sold in the store. He also actually told me to get my task killer off the phone. In my defense i had it to monitor my tasks to figure out what was a battery hog.

ROM
    CM9 (4.0.4)

d00d - you went into the store as a prospective customer and asked a question about a possible problem with the phone. Of course, the sales rep was going to tell you anything you wanna hear to help you make the decision to buy that phone thanks

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Already had the phone.

Global Posts
    202 Global Posts
    ROM
    stock

dimsdale do you read?
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,023 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

All supervisors are informed with a spreadsheet when new devices and updates are coming. He probably just didn't open it up when it was sent to him.
    They get notified of training when new devices and yes when new updates come out and to expect customers to answer questions.

Even if you own the phone they don't want the hassle of doing an exchange. That has been my experience. It could be the area I live in that they just don't want to be bothered with dealing with an existing customer sale with stores always being jammed packed.

Their screens will never show something coming soon. Ever. They release it when exact dates are on it. Just like they don't want their sales guys to know a new phone is coming a week later.
    Move the products on the floor. Have you ever heard a rep say wait until next week when the xyz device comes out? Never. If they do, ask where they heard it and they will mention on the web.

I am not trying to be rude or argumentative, just a healthy debate.
    It could also be because of the early confusion of if updates would be coming from Google or Verizon, which we now know is Google.

By me stores are becoming fewer and Kiosks are the norm, which is now starting to revert back to full stores. That could be an issue onto itself.

I am sure the bug is known, but a fix I don't think is coming, at least anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by rosetta.stoned View Post

What apps help the poor volume?
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,023 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

volume + which the developer is giving away for free off of his site.

an equalizer app that someone posted here as well.
    It's in the verizon galaxy forum I think.

Both of the Apps you mentioned don't increase the volume which is what I want!
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,023 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

Quote Originally Posted by herbmmm View Post
    Both of the Apps you mentioned don't increase the volume which is what I want!
    Um chill with the exclamation. They work perfectly for me and others as well.

Sit tight fellas, this is a Nexus phone and the volume bug is well known. You can be sure Google is working on or will be working on a fix.

Quote Originally Posted by tony bag o donuts View Post
    Um chill with the exclamation. They work perfectly for me and others as well.
    When you say that they work perfectly for you do you mean that this App actually increases the volume of your phone beyond the stock maximum?

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

I hope they increase the volume real soon. Really have a hard time hearing much without using headphones.
    Resident Ringtone Maker

Global Posts
    7,023 Global Posts
    ROM
    BB JB

When you say that they work perfectly for you do you mean that this App actually increases the volume of your phone beyond the stock maximum?
    Yep. I can tell a difference, but I can't measure it per se. I think you have to be careful though because it could blow out your speaker, etc.

Yes. Here is how I tested the Equalizer App to see if it worked.
    I opened up music and played a song. Leaving the music in the background I opened the equalizer and raised the volume there. You can see the base maximum without and listen and hear the difference the app makes as you drag the sliders across. The difference is incredible to be honest.

Global Posts
    3,645 Global Posts
    ROM
    Latest OTA Official ROM

Quote Originally Posted by darreno1 View Post
    Sit tight fellas, this is a Nexus phone and the volume bug is well known. You can be sure Google is working on or will be working on a fix.
    Your optimism is admirable.

-Frank
    [HTC Thunderbolt 4G/LTE!]
    It's not your dream phone. It's the one after that!
    Look here for a [VZW Coverage Map] to check your area. Select 4G before hitting [Refresh]

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

What the name of the equalizer app?

ROM
    CM9 (4.0.4)

Right. The volume fix and the phone/notification sound separation.
    Any day now.....

Hopefully there is a fix in the next update which I heard is very soon. Like maybe this weekend... :thumbup:

budmonster

How can an update fix the volume, isn't that a hardware issue? I know vol+ and equalizer can boost the vol but it sounded distorted/scratch on mine and it sounded kind of worse, like my speaker was about to break. low vol causing missed calls/texts was one of reasons for my return. but if this was to be fixed id thinking about going back lol, but i only have 3 days to return.

what are the chances the radio will be fixed?