1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy Nexus GPU

Hello everyone I hate to look to the future but I must since I will need this phone to last awhile. We all know the GN GPU is not the best in the world but as of now it plays all games pretty well. I also have a 4s and I definetly notice the 4s being slightly smoother and better in games but the GN holds up pretty well. My question is how long do you think the GN GPU will hold up until games will become too intensive for it? Thanks in advance..and I enjoy gaming on the GN because of the screen size compared to the 4s if anyone was curious.

Default Re: Galaxy Nexus GPU

I think youll be fine. For now it works fine, and in the future if you need more you could just get a custom kernel that sets the GPU to 384mhz. Thats a pretty decent GPU even today.

ROM
    CM9 (4.0.4)

For games, I hate to say it, but you should just get the next iPad that comes out in a few months.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dimsdale View Post
    For games, I hate to say it, but you should just get the next iPad that comes out in a few months.

IPad = phone? Derp, nice reading comprehension.

ROM
    CM9 (4.0.4)

Quote Originally Posted by bigcatman View Post
    IPad = phone? Derp, nice reading comprehension.

But you don't disagree then, that the iPad 3 wouldst be the way to go for games.

Quote Originally Posted by dimsdale View Post
    But you don't disagree then, that the iPad 3 wouldst be the way to go for games.

I think if you're gonna spend that much on an iPad solely for gaming, you should build a good gaming pc that'll be much more functional than a tablet. Granted, you lose portability, but if it's for something other than angry birds, you'd be much better off.

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

my GN wasn't able to run shadowgun smoothly at all.

I returned it for the rezound, which runs it much better.

ROM
    AOKP / Franco.Kernel

Many of the games are currently unable to run well because of ICS, doesn't mean it's the phone. A great example would be Gameloft games, they have not been optimized for ICS and they are horrible right now.

thats just incompatible issue with ICS (like asphalt6). in my experience with PC, no matter how good ur GPU is, if ur cpu cant support it well, its not going to perform to its spec, that apply to adreno220, cuz snapdragon is like celeron version of pentium. (half of L2 cache compare to Omap or Exynos)
    only smartphones that performs(should) better than GNex are Iphone4s and Epic 4g touch.
    OC'ed SGX540 performs similar to adreno220 with snapdragon.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

Quote Originally Posted by Josh515 View Post
    Many of the games are currently unable to run well because of ICS, doesn't mean it's the phone. A great example would be Gameloft games, they have not been optimized for ICS and they are horrible right now.
    I've had fairly decent success with MC3, as well as Riptide and Shine Runner (although those latter 2 are obviously not GL games).