Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree13Likes
    LCW

Global Posts
    1,180 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB 4.1.1 (JRO03C)

Default Re: Galaxy Nexus vs. iPhone 4/4S displays

I have both an iphone 4S and a GNex (just picked up the unlocked version) and sorry, but the iphone 4S' display is by far superior in quality... smaller, yes, and that's the biggest downside, but otherwise, it's crisper,higher contrast, more natural colors, better in sunlight,and just overall better.
    ***SOLD but not forgotten***
    Google Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by mi_canuck View Post
    I have both an iphone 4S and a GNex (just picked up the unlocked version) and sorry, but the iphone 4S' display is by far superior in quality... smaller, yes, and that's the biggest downside, but otherwise, it's crisper,higher contrast, more natural colors, better in sunlight,and just overall better.
    I agree. I have both as well. Bought the unlocked G-Nex directly through Google iPhone's screen is much better in quality. I'm guessing this is because of the G-Nex PenTile screen. Now I've seen the HTC One X screen and that looks equal if not better than the iPhone's.
    LCW

Global Posts
    1,180 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB 4.1.1 (JRO03C)

I've not yet seen a OneX screen but I've heard they're really good. That's why I'll avoid even looking at one otherwise I might end up buying one
    ***SOLD but not forgotten***
    Google Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by mi_canuck View Post
    I've not yet seen a OneX screen but I've heard they're really good. That's why I'll avoid even looking at one otherwise I might end up buying one
    Lol. Yep, I tried to purchase the One X as soon as I saw it. Then they said it doesn't actually launch until May 6th. Left the store feeling sad.

Global Posts
    2,618 Global Posts
    ROM
    ICS 4.0.4

Having looked at both my GNex and two different iphone 4s's side by side, I'm very happy with my screen quality.
    Sent from my Verizon Galaxy Note 2, Verizon Galaxy S4, or N7, or MacBook Air

All I'll say is I use a Gnex. My buddy is a die-hard Apple fan -- but not an outright fanboy, he knows good stuff when he sees it.

He hadn't seen a Gnex yet. He took one look at the screen and I quote:

"Holy (S-word that rhymes with pit) that screen is amazing!" (He kept looking at it, even put his 4s beside it to compare size and resolution)

Conclusion? 4s might appear more vivid/clear in some situations, but you can't deny the size of the Gnex screen sure helps
    Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    3,706 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by maverick96 View Post
    I agree. I have both as well. Bought the unlocked G-Nex directly through Google iPhone's screen is much better in quality. I'm guessing this is because of the G-Nex PenTile screen. Now I've seen the HTC One X screen and that looks equal if not better than the iPhone's.
    The one x screen puts samsungs to shame. Seriously, it is not even a contest.

Quote Originally Posted by maverick96 View Post
    If you don't know what makes a PenTile display undesirable then you probably can't guess that is what it is that makes you prefer the iPhone screen over the GNex.

I personally don't know the technical reasons, but I do know I wish the Gnex had the crisp sharp display of my wife's iPhone... but I'll take the larger screen instead.

Sent from my my padded room
    "I can only see half of what's going on
    But i'm alright
    'Cause I can still smile"

Wide Mouth Mason - Smile

in the end, does it really matter which is better?

The Gnex screen is good for me and a minor imperfection in the dimmest brightness setting (which i'll never set it to anyway) is hardly reason to not be happy with the screen.

I would wager that over 95% of GNex owners do not set their phone on the dimmest brightness level. Most probably use auto-brightness and the rest are more likely to have it brighter than dimmer.

BTW, they could have easily limited the phone to not go as dim as it does and then the issue would magically be gone lol.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123