1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default T-Mobile Customers Got Screwed this Nexus

I think everyone is expecting Tmo to release the Galaxy Nexus at some point in the first half of 2012. But what's the point? By the time it gets released, quad-core phones with ICS will be released at the same or cheaper prices.

Tmo customers have been relegated to the the likes of Sprint and the Nexus S. That phone came out in May 2011, almost 6 months after the Nexus S was released for T-Mobile. So it looks like T-Mobile customers are the ones forced to take a back seat for this Nexus.

That being said, I will NEVER EVER EVER purchase another Android phone with a manufacturer skin. They are garbage. I can barely stand my Sensation because of it.

Nexus phones are also known to be competitiveness with phones running much better processors, well into the future. So it still might be worth picking one up in a few months. But it's just a shame that Verizon got the phone first. It's especially ironic considering how much hassle Google had to go through with Verizon just to get the phone released (Google Wallet anyone).

I just don't think it will be released for Tmo for months. There is not even a scent of a rumor about about a release. You'd figure that if it were reasonably close to a release date, at least ONE tmo employee would have leaked it...

Default Re: T-Mobile Customers Got Screwed this Nexus

I've been with T-mobile since they bought out VoiceStream and they have generally had first availability of all the Nexus phones. (not to mention the first Google phone) It's only fair that someone else has a turn at exclusivity. I bought the Nexus One directly fromm Google at list price and I bought the Galaxy Nexus from Expansys. Just buy one, you won't regret it. Sale your Sensation on Ebay after you get the Nexus and that will save you at least $250. That's what I always do. (T-mobile probably won't sale it directly....Probably Best Buy phone stores just like the Nexus S)

Good Luck
    Last edited by reg1233; 01-04-2012 at 07:22 AM.
    Banned

I just bought the GSM version and popped my Tmo SIM card in. Works great HSPA+

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!

I'm here to tell you (Now HTC Amaze, but I had the Sensation) that Sense UI is 100 percent better than Samsungs Touchwiz UI.
    Try using a Galaxy S II for a few minutes and you will understand that Sense is actually bearable compared to Touchwiz.

Hebrews 13:8

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    I'm here to tell you (Now HTC Amaze, but I had the Sensation) that Sense UI is 100 percent better than Samsungs Touchwiz UI.
    Try using a Galaxy S II for a few minutes and you will understand that Sense is actually bearable compared to Touchwiz.

Interestingly enough, IMHO, most people probably would agree that prior to Sense 3.0 and TouchWiz 4.0, Sense was prolly a lot more tolerable than TouchWiz. However, now with TouchWiz 4.0, it is much improved, and Sense's strongest point is that it is pretty with screens flying around. The cost of that being pretty...getting sluggish at times.

Don't get me wrong, while I do prefer Samsung phones, and they have gotten better the past year with fixing their updates and fixes, HTC phones are built like brick houses.

Nonetheless, all of us have our opinions and we can weigh them all and form our own.

With regard to this post, I too was very very disappointed about not having the Galaxy Nexus, I had the N1 and NS. But I absolutely adore my SGS2 and wouldn't trade it for anything, although would buy a Nexus ...in addition to the SGS2. I haven't missed it so much, especially since seeing Aaron Baker's dogfight of the American SGS2 with the Galaxy Nexus, and putting the SGS2 on top.

But like I said, I still plan on buying one in addition to my GS2
    For those that bought the unlocked Galaxy Nexus, where did you get a warranty? I have heard that the sites that sell the phone unlocked only offer the manufacturer's warranty...how long is that? I asked SquareTrade and they said that they don't warranty it, but that anyone who sells it in the US MUST offer a warranty of some type. So I suppose the manufacturers is fine or there must be another one available somewhere

Thanks all
    Jelly Bean ? Jelly Belly!

Exclamation Re: T-Mobile Customers Got Screwed this Nexus

Why would anyone pay that kind of money for a 3G phone ?

Just wait for T-Mobile to get it....pay less....and I'd bet it will be 4G.

NewEgg has it and offers insurance, but look at the title for the "3G" :

Hebrews 13:8

There is no guarantee if/when Tmo will get LTE. Not the first half of 2012 for sure. And after that point, you will have more phones that have more than just better processors (i.e. quad core)

fwiw, 4g is all relative

Where i Live on the midatlantic, specifically MD, I get consistent speeds of 4-15 mb/s, always killing VZ phones in the area

And as far as ATT (another pt about Tmo getting LTE if/when), for instance they say Baltimore, but Baltimore County, i.e. surrounding areas does not get it immediately. So if you live in counties, it could be AT LEAST a year before you get LTE use out of your phone and not just 3g. And we all know ATT 3g and even VZ 3g is not as good as hspa+_

Why would anyone pay that kind of money for a 3G phone ?

Just wait for T-Mobile to get it....pay less....and I'd bet it will be 4G.

NewEgg has it and offers insurance, but look at the title for the "3G" :

The Galaxy Nexus gets up to 21 HSPA+ on T-mobile or AT&T. T-mobile's network can reach up to 42 HSPA+ in some areas such as mine. It's pretty darn fast!

It's a Nexus. Get it unlocked and be done with it. I've been extremely happy with mine.

And yes, the Gnex gets up to 21mbps.
    3g, 4g, whatever you want to call it. they're just marketing terms anyways.

Back the HTC Evo days yes I would agree sense is better, but now sense is absolute crap and its huge. It actually changes the entire operating system. I will take Touchwiz anytime now over sense. By the way I have owned at least 5 HTC phones and have rooted and flashed CM7 on every single one of them cause they are unusable in my opinion. While I used a GS2 for 3 months and never even rooted it.