Galaxy Nexus on Daily Steals?

Nirvana328

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
http://www.androidcentral.com/score-gsm-unlocked-samsung-galaxy-nexus-560

Anyone considering this? Personally I remember paying around the same for my Nexus One off contract, and seeing how VZW is selling theirs for $300 (or almost $800 off contract) I figured this was a good deal.

So is anyone thinking about it? Or are there any concerns or issues with buying this item that you guys can think of? Thanks in advance.

Reactions: PhxBlue

rightontime

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
I just bought this earlier today. Only negative going into this was that samsung wouldn't be responsible for the warranty. If that doesn't bother you then go for it.

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Ya I bought one yesterday too, does anyone know how good Daily Steals is about shipping. I am in desperate need of this as I'm using a dumb phone at the moment.

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Has anyone heard anything about shipping of the device... I've read some BAD well.. HORRIBLE reviews about that website.

Ya I'm concerned about that too. I sent them an email but no response. Their website says they ship within 6 business days so I guess it should ship by next Wednesday. Also I did read some bad reviews to but plenty of good ones too. Lets hope there are no problems with this. I mean this ITEM is being sold as NEW and most of the other complaints I've read was about refurbished printers.

desoulja2185

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Ya I'm concerned about that too. I sent them an email but no response. Their website says they ship within 6 business days so I guess it should ship by next Wednesday. Also I did read some bad reviews to but plenty of good ones too. Lets hope there are no problems with this. I mean this ITEM is being sold as NEW and most of the other complaints I've read was about refurbished printers.

Yea, I went for the deal also.. I mean I love my RAZR, but I travel alot and always have a handy unlocked device. I haven't heard anything from them either and I have yet to send an e-mail. I read the mixed reviews about the items and how they do business too, so I guess we are all in the same boat.. just waiting.. AT LEAST for a shipment notification.

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Yea, I went for the deal also.. I mean I love my RAZR, but I travel alot and always have a handy unlocked device. I haven't heard anything from them either and I have yet to send an e-mail. I read the mixed reviews about the items and how they do business too, so I guess we are all in the same boat.. just waiting.. AT LEAST for a shipment notification.

Just so you know I read a bunch of comments regarding them on Slickdeals.net and allot of people have order plenty of stuff from them and they claim almost always it takes them about a week to ship the product and then a week for shipping. So I would not expect to get this item shipped until sometimes next week. But besides the slow shipping everyone on there was more then happy with their prior purchases.

Reactions: Nirvana328

Nirvana328

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
so it seems like daily steals is not the best when it comes to quick deliveries, but I guess from dkotoric's comment above people have generally had a good experience with the quality of the products.

Even Phil and Mickey from the podcast this week stated they ordered these deals too (http://www.androidcentral.com/podca...eve-ces-sprint-galaxy-nexus-rebirth-google-tv - @ 6:40)

so I guess we'll see how the shipping goes. So I'll give it a week and see if there are any updates and I'll post anything here if I get some new info. Maybe if you guys hear something you could also post to us also so we don't have to worry about the shipping process. Thanks.

asuprice

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Here is what I asked and the response that I received:
I just had a few questions. It says that it has a year of
international warranty? Who provides that warranty? Also, I've already
ordered one. When do they ship out? Thanks

International warranty means the warranty is from the country where the phone originates from. It is covered by Samsung.

Your order is processing and your item will ship within the next few days. Once it ships out, there will be an expected delivery date available and you will receive an email with the tracking number. To ensure that the email is not sent to your spam folder, please add noreply@dailysteals.com to your trusted contact list.

Here is a link to our FAQ page so you can see our shipping policy: Frequently Asked Questions
Thank You,
Amy
The DailySteals Team

dkotoric

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
Hey I just thought I'd post this for you guys. I did this and it shows my order shipped yesterday and will be delivered on Thursday. I copied these instructions of slickdeals.

Okay everyone BOW DOWN!

This is how you track:

Go to UPS.com click on TRACK BY REFERENCE. Linky [ups.com]

Then type in your order number as the reference. then put ship date as 1/5/11 to 1/10/11 then put desitation country USA and your zip code. there you go!

Harrisburg, PA, United States 01/10/2012 5:59 A.M. Arrival Scan
Maspeth, NY, United States 01/10/2012 1:29 A.M. Departure Scan
Maspeth, NY, United States 01/09/2012 8:12 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 01/09/2012 6:08 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

EJL1980

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey I just thought I'd post this for you guys. I did this and it shows my order shipped yesterday and will be delivered on Thursday. I copied these instructions of slickdeals.

Okay everyone BOW DOWN!

This is how you track:

Then type in your order number as the reference. then put ship date as 1/5/11 to 1/10/11 then put desitation country USA and your zip code. there you go!

Good Tip. Looks like mine didn't ship yet.

penskyc

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
looks like mine has not shipped either, but I just wanted to give some insight on dailysteals since I have purchases about 5 or 6 things on the site in the past 2 or 3 months, I have had some things come in 3 days. and others come in 3 weeks, 2 times I have never received any shipping confirmation and had to contact them to get it (even looking on the site, it just wasnt filled in) so my suggestion is to wait and be surprised. You never know with these guys, but I have never had any problems with anything I have purchased from them, so I am not worried, was even thinking of buying the phone from another source and than return this one cause I was expecting a long turnaround, hopefully it comes this week! Sold my SGS2 and using an LG Thrive.. yuckk!

ganklin

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
nice UPS tip! i just tried it now (im at work on lunch) and it says ITS DELIVERED RIGHT NOW! pump up! i live in NJ. i'll check it out when i get home tonight and with any luck its all in one piece!

benzso63

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yep I ordered my on 1/4/2011, some people say it takes 2 weeks to receive their products. I hope not.
First time I sent them email, the replied me next day, then I sent them email yesterday and today, never got a reply back. I think their customer service is horrible. They don't really care. Should we consider to get a refund from paypal soon?

benzso63

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
May I ask when did you place your order? I bought mine on 1/4 but never heard from them.

Okay everyone BOW DOWN!

This is how you track:

benzso63

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
so you purchased the same day as me. I emailed them twice but still haven't heard back from him. I wonder if they are getting it from overseas, is that the reason why it takes so long to ship to us. Hope they get back to us soon and inform tracking.

We need to keep this thread active to know how long it takes for people to get it. I'm in NJ

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz