Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

Talking App Recommendation

so.. I am newbie when it comes to Android, having just recently purchased the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. I am looking for an app that is able to place my phone on silent or vibrate depending on my calendar. For instance, if i have a meeting from 7-9 AM, then the app should place the phone in silent (or vibrate mode) and bring it out of that mode after 9 AM. Basically, i just want the app to sync with my google calendar and change the setting (vibrate, silent, or ringtone) based on my schedule.

I hope the wise gurus of AC can guide a lost soul

Default Re: App Recommendation

I don't personally know of any apps that change volume based on calendar invites, however, I use AudioManager Pro to set a schedule put my phone on silent. I have it set to silent between 8am-6pm (work hours), then after that, it's automatically set to normal volume.

Also, Locale can change volume properties based on your GPS location.

If an app to change volume based on calendar invites doesn't exist, maybe you could code it, sell it, and retire a millionaire!
    Thanked by:

ROM
    AOKP / Franco.Kernel

I plan on buying Tasker soon. I've heard nothing but good things about this app and it controls everything, though the price is a little steep.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob4321 View Post
    so.. I am newbie when it comes to Android, having just recently purchased the Samsung Galaxy Nexus. I am looking for an app that is able to place my phone on silent or vibrate depending on my calendar. For instance, if i have a meeting from 7-9 AM, then the app should place the phone in silent (or vibrate mode) and bring it out of that mode after 9 AM. Basically, i just want the app to sync with my google calendar and change the setting (vibrate, silent, or ringtone) based on my schedule.

I hope the wise gurus of AC can guide a lost soul
    I know just the app. Search the market for "Ring Scheduler". I have it set to go on silent and loud during my different class schedules during the week. :thumbup:

Edit: I'm not sure if the pro version has any type of calendar sync, but its very useful when just manually turning your volume off as well, a pop up shows up asking if you want to resume full volume after a certain amount of time. (That could be useful walking into a meeting).

I hope you find what you are looking for!!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Calendar Mute is the program I use and it works great. You can select X minutes before and after meeting to mute, what days / hours you want to mute, "busy" meetings only, etc. It's one of the best kept secrets on Android and the first app I paid for. I couldn't live without it. It was updated for ICS too.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts

thanks a lot for all your recommendations.

@ Fahrenheit....if only i could code....life would have been grand

Tasker can do it (when Galaxy Nexus first came out couldn't have profiles based on calendar entries but they fixed that bug pretty quickly.) If you buy it direct instead of through Market, you can try it for 7 days before buying and make sure it does what you expect.