Few Questions on the Galaxy Nexus

Iceycold

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Hello. Few questions as I've been looking at this phone for a bit. Deciding between this and a Razr. Upgrading from a thunderbolt on Verizon.

1. How is it overall?
2. Can you transfer files? I heard this MTP thing on Windows, not sure on it.
3. How much storage does it have on the internal? I know it doesn't have an external card.
4. Battery Life? (Crossing Fingers here!)

Thanks.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I can answer a few of these questions but not no 2. I overall I love the phone although there is lag when you press the multitask button. It has been fixed with 4.0.3 but im fully stock so waiting for the update. The storage is a tad more than 28GB I believe which is more than I need. With 55 apps, 200 or so songs and 50 pics on it I still have 25GB left. As far as battery goes I get about 10 hrs with moderate use on lte. Not too bad with the stock battery. I keep sync off, nfc off and use auto brightness. ICS is awesome and the screen is the best I have seen on a phone so far. My only real complaint is the stock keyboard, I hit the b button too often instead of space when I type. This is based off if the vzw nexus.

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
For storage I have about 13.33 GB when everything is said and done with. Honestly this is the best phone I've ever had, and I'll be keeping it for a while. Battery life is also amazing, I get anywhere from 17 hours to 22 depending on how much Youtube I'm watching. You can transfer files very easily, just plug it into the computer and it shows up and basically an external disk. Awesome phone!

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Should have explained that better. During the week I unplug at 6:30 am. Durig work i use a mix of text messaging, 1 or 2 phone calls no more than 15 min each, web browsing. When I get home at 6pm I usually have 10 to15% left. The screen is what kills my battery usually shows as using 60 some percent of the battery. I only use wifi at work for downloading big apps or large amounts of music since our wifi is 1mb, which is slower than verizon 3g. But everyones milage will vary they say.

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Okay seems good. Just looking at my choices.

What's everyone elses battery life?

209b59f4-445f-e45d.jpg

This actually from about a month ago, but this is still usually what I get with auto brightness, lots of YouTube and browsing, and sync always on. Its GSM so no LTE

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Iceycold

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Ooh no lte :/ Was hoping that was your battery life w/ lte. That's fine.

Anyone with lte can post their battery life experience?

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
This what I can show right now.
Screen has been on for 1hr and 44 min. Been switching from research to android central.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

NotJustAPhone

Jan 29, 2011
Visit site
Windows supports MTP and you can drag and drop files between your computer and the phone. If you use a Mac, you need to use some additional software to perform file transfers.

Sent using Tapatalk