Best ROM for GSM Galaxy Nexus?

ibejack96

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
What is your favorite ROM on your GSM Galaxy Nexus? I'm running Revolution HD on mine right now, but I'm looking for something different... I looked at MoDaCo's options but I don't want the search button, etc, and you have to pay to use the kitchen (I'm a little tight on money at the moment since I paid so much on this thing lol). What are your opinions?

GeekMcLeod

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
I highly recommend AOKP Milestone 3. So many options, works flawlessly. Match it up with francos kernel 16.1 and it is so buttery smooth and just perfect. I honestly couldn't ask for a faster device and battery life is excellent too.

Reactions: ibejack96

ibejack96

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I highly recommend AOKP Milestone 3. So many options, works flawlessly. Match it up with francos kernel 16.1 and it is so buttery smooth and just perfect. I honestly couldn't ask for a faster device and battery life is excellent too.

OK do I just find all that at xda? Also, does it improve the auto-rotation? That's the only thing that I found lacking in performance on the stock and revolution HD rom

GeekMcLeod

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
OK do I just find all that at xda? Also, does it improve the auto-rotation? That's the only thing that I found lacking in performance on the stock and revolution HD rom

Francos Kernel
AOKP Rom

That's where I download it from. The ROM actually has an option built in to that lets you set the rotation speed. Along with francos kernel, everything improves, IMHO.

MaTiCeK

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
I'm using Apex 1.0.2. I like it very much, I also tried AOKP and Revolution HD, but in the end settled on Apex.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

joe767

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
When I had my GN, I wanted the stock feel as much as possible so I went with Android Revolution HD. It was fast and worked great. I tried the Modaco but like you I don't like the search button on ICS. I sold my GN and now I miss it, I hated the camera which was the reason for selling the phone, but I might buy it again just want to see what is on the horizon before I pull the trigger.

Phazenine

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
442cbfee-df33-ccd6.jpg

Sent from my i9250 [GSM) Galaxy Nexus

Last edited:

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Was gonna start a new "what's your favorite custom ROM for Galaxy Nexus" thread, but I found this one. ;)

I got my Google Gnex on Friday and am happy with my new device (coming from an Infuse, which is also a great device). But I do want to flash a custom ROM... so, wondering if anyone has any more recent discoveries or insight on good ROMs? I know it's largely subjective, but still, I'm all ears! :cool:

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Was gonna start a new "what's your favorite custom ROM for Galaxy Nexus" thread, but I found this one. ;)

I got my Google Gnex on Friday and am happy with my new device (coming from an Infuse, which is also a great device). But I do want to flash a custom ROM... so, wondering if anyone has any more recent discoveries or insight on good ROMs? I know it's largely subjective, but still, I'm all ears! :cool:

What factors are most important to you? Number of features? Speed? Stability? Number of themes available for? Frequency of updates? Stock vs far from stock experience?

reefrunway

May 7, 2011
Visit site
What factors are most important to you? Number of features? Speed? Stability? Number of themes available for? Frequency of updates? Stock vs far from stock experience?

Speed and stability would be tied for number one on my wish list. And, in terms of experience, closer to stock ICS than something that's really cartoonish or space-agey. I guess a conservative ROM... but one that's faster and adds a bit more functionality than stock. For example, I'd love to have a wifi toggle in the notification bar. Having said all that, if there's a ROM that is just awesome, but quite different than stock ICS, I'd be willing to give it a whirl. This will be my first custom ROM flash, so something that's relatively easy to do (via CWM).

iukreegs

May 7, 2012
Visit site
I might be interested in a rom but never done it before. Is there a good site that explains step by step on how-to install a rom on the galaxy nexus?

I'd also be interested in recommendations
1) Stability / lack of major bugs is by far the most important
2) Features and performance tied for a distant 2nd
3) Conservative style (nothing wild or cartoonish)

Any suggestions and any help pointing me to a good how-to would be greatly appreciated.

Centinel

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
I might be interested in a rom but never done it before. Is there a good site that explains step by step on how-to install a rom on the galaxy nexus?

I'd also be interested in recommendations
1) Stability / lack of major bugs is by far the most important
2) Features and performance tied for a distant 2nd
3) Conservative style (nothing wild or cartoonish)

Any suggestions and any help pointing me to a good how-to would be greatly appreciated.

Have a look at this thread on XDA for help on getting started: [EASY] [GUIDE] The SuperUser's Guide to the Galaxy Nexus - xda-developers

Start with the Wugfresh Toolkit method of rooting and unlocking your phone. It's a snap!

I've been using AOKP Milestone 5 since I got my phone and it's been rock solid. Pair it with ogdobber's Jame Bond kernel for amazing battery life. I left my phone unplugged last night, and when I woke up, the battery level was exactly where it was 8 hours ago :D

Reactions: reefrunway

curl2k1

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Just got my GNex on tuesday. Spent most of the day testing Rom and Kernel combinations.

The fastest on my phone was Stock with Franco's Milestone 3 Kernel, second was Android Revolution 4.0.1 with the same kernel, followed by LiquidSmooth 1.35.

I wound up sticking with Revolution 4.0.1 with Franco's and Nova launcher

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Well I guess I could say AOKP Milestone 5 is my favourite. In the same breath I could also say that AOKP Milestone 5 is my first ROM (less then 2hrs old)! Its not bad, I'll play with it and see.

It seems faster and smoother. Still looks like ICS which is ok by me. I don't want anything to crazy looking. (prefer minimalistic and dark themes)

MarcVerhoeven

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
i am new to this and rooted my phone yesterday (galaxy nexus gsm) i done some research on internet and now i figguret out how to place a custom rom on my galaxy nexus. i have the cynagogenmod 10.0.0 but i dont like this at all because the playstore app is missing and now i cant dowload rom manager titanium backup and all the apps you need with root. i made a backup of my original phone so i can restore it back. now i want a new rom and i think i like youres but youre saying AOKP milestone 3. and than match it up with francos kernel? i dont really know what you mean but i want to learn it so please can you reply me with some explanation? sorry for bad english... thanks anyways greetz!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy