Captivate emails/texts hosed

farbster

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
My wife's Samsung Galaxy S Captivate (ATT) has somewhat recently stopped receiving emails. The only way to get emails is to connect via wifi.

Also, when she gets a text, it says to download the text. The texts she is getting are NOT pictures or something that would need downloading.

Any thoughts as to how we should proceed? The ATT store said they would need to wipe the phone and reinstall. She's running froyo now and she's never been rooted or anything. Also, what is the best way to backup before rooting? I used mybackup pro on my galaxy nexus, but i believe you need to be rooted for that.

Before I have ATT reinstally, I thought maybe rooting would help? I could then flash something better than froyo? What would be suggested? I've rooted my verizon galaxy nexus and have flashed a rom, but would probably use superone click on the captivate to speed things along.

Thanks for all your help!!

farbster

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
I updated her phone to Gingerbread using Kies and nothing changed in terms of email. There is a message at the bottom of the screen (on maildroid I believe) that says something like "can't connect to network". Not sure if that is just saying the ads can't connect...

anyone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech