Help needed with Flashing

woods287

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm using GNex CDMA, rooted. Attempted to flash my 1st rom, Apex using ROM Manager (paid version). I dl Apex from DroidModderX.com, got distracted and forgot to dl GAPPS file. Then proceeded to ATTEMPT to flash from SD Card. I don't think I Wiped Data and Cache as required either. Now, I've been stuck in Apex boot up animation screen forever. I got nervous and did a battery pull. It started in same place, Apex boot up animation screen. I left it alone last night and went to bed. Batter finally died on it last night. Plugged it in this morning. Same boot animation loop. Am I screwed or what? Should I just continue to let it loop? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

dc iz 2 legit

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
well hopefully u did a backup of your stock rom and next time don't ever use rom manger to flash anything but what u can do is battery pull....put it back in and hold down&up plus power at the same time until u see the bootloader. Once your in boot loader press the volume up or down till it says recovery once u see recovery press power and the next screen should be blue and it will say things like reboot ststem / install zip from SD/wipe data factory reset/wipe cache/ backup restore/ now if hopefully u made a back up than u will use the volume down to backup restore and press power for enter and than choose restore and find your back up. But if u didn't do that than hopefully u downloaded the rom and the gapps to your SD card and than u can proceed to install from this blue screen called clock work recovery u just need to make sure u remember where they downloaded. Now how your going to do this is wipe data factory reset than wipe cache and than install zip from SD card. When u chose install zip from sd it will show u all of your folders on your SD if u downloaded the rom and gapps from your phone then this will be located in your download folder.....and hopefully someone can shine in on this I'm writing this in slow traffic and I'm taking off now

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

woods287

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Unfortunately I did not backup my stock rom. Will this be an issue? What about later? I was able to go to flash the GAPPS file that was on my SD card. Got it working properly. Apex is quite nice I have to admit. Why would you discourage flashing using a ROM Manager?

dc iz 2 legit

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
its been known to just cause a lot of issues all the pros will tell u that! Especially when flashing kernel's

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Phazenine

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
stay away from flashing with ROM manager. Do all your wiping, flashing through recovery

Sent from my i9250 [GSM) Galaxy Nexus

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phone user