1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Exclamation would any "camera" apps improve the picture quality taken with Ga

I believe many Galaxy Nexus users encoutering a bad camera experience, it is definitely not a decent one for phone in this level.

However, the major issue Im having with my Nexus is that the pictures tend to blurrs easily, it needs some kind of sterilization.

I was wondering if any of those camera Apps out there will significantly improve the picture quality, "Camera Zoom FX" is the one that I am looking into right now, and I've tried "Camera360, doesn't seems to compatible with the ICS just.

Anyways, any users here that actually used any camera apps and it helped?

Thanks

ROM
    Stock

Default Re: would any "camera" apps improve the picture quality taken wit

Do you mean stabilization?

Usually blurred images are due to low lighting, movement, or both.

Typically the apps are for effects, or image enhancements. This 5mp shooter isn't really of the performing type.
    To Each His Own

LG G2 D800 Unlocked (AT&T)
    Rooted Android 4.2.2

HTC One 32GB Black (AT&T)
    - Full RUU Converted to Google Edition - [OTA's Work]
    - Android 4.3 Rooted - Unlocked -
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Yes, I meant to say stablization, stupid auto correct~!

So all those fancy camera apps are just for "show'??

I had the same question great phone suck grainy camera. So do any of the camera apps help with that?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

HDR is a good app to try.

As to stabilization, that's more user error than camera app. The shutter is so quick on this camera that it will happily take a picture before focus is achieved. The best advice I can give is to touch the screen where you want it to focus (like on a face), then let go and teh camera will give you an audible focused sound when it's locked on. The press the blue button, while holding the phone as still as you can. All my images turn out sharp as a tack this way and the focus takes about a second. As to graininess, your taking pictures with too little light. Either use the flash or get your subject in better light.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/

Camera Zoom FX is great. Got it when it was a penny in the Market. Single touch of the screen auto focuses right before a snap of the camera. Much better than stock camera.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by greydarrah View Post
    HDR is a good app to try.

As to stabilization, that's more user error than camera app. The shutter is so quick on this camera that it will happily take a picture before focus is achieved. The best advice I can give is to touch the screen where you want it to focus (like on a face), then let go and teh camera will give you an audible focused sound when it's locked on. The press the blue button, while holding the phone as still as you can. All my images turn out sharp as a tack this way and the focus takes about a second. As to graininess, your taking pictures with too little light. Either use the flash or get your subject in better light.

Thanks for the tips~
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by VJay27 View Post
    Camera Zoom FX is great. Got it when it was a penny in the Market. Single touch of the screen auto focuses right before a snap of the camera. Much better than stock camera.

Thanks for the info, I think I will give it a shot~

I installed the leaked 4.04 patch (should be out soon) and it seems to make a significant improvement to the camera..... FYI.

I still use the stock camera for quick shots since it IS incredibly fast, but for quality (and when I have the time to get the settings correct) I use Vignette. One problem with the stock camera might be excessive compression on the images. Looking at the file sizes, most stock images are about 1.5 megs. Most of my Vignette images are over 3 megs. Perhaps they could allow us to change the compression on the stock camera to make images better.

TJH

ROM
    ICS/JB/iOS 5.1

Pro capture is good and hdr+

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk