1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Default Can I clone my GNex?

So long story short I had to have my GNex replaced by Asurion. Once activated SOME of my data restored but not most of it. App, Music, Photos etc etc etc... the old phone is functional although no longer active. Is there a simple way to clone everything off the old phone to the new one?"
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Default Re: Can I clone my GNex?

Really?? NO ONE here knows if there is a way to sync all the data from one phone to another?

ROM
    AOKP / Franco.Kernel

Your post was only up for about an hour, don't get upset over not getting any responses right away. I would suggest using Titanium Backup or MyBackup Pro to transfer your data over.
    Regular lawnmower man...

ROM
    Stock

Don't even need to use Titanium Backup. Install the SDK and use adb backup. Try it.

Quote Originally Posted by MowDownJoe View Post
    Don't even need to use Titanium Backup. Install the SDK and use adb backup. Try it.
    This is what I would recommend. If you don't mind installing the SDK and setting up ADB its a really useful backup tool.
    LG Nexus 5 / LG Nexus 4 / HTC One / Sony Xperia ZL // T-Mobile / AT&T
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Well it appears that I should have rooted the phone when I first got it. Phone is not rooted so the two apps mentioned won't work I think I'm going to root the replacement and start over.

Quote Originally Posted by ericcanha View Post
    Well it appears that I should have rooted the phone when I first got it. Phone is not rooted so the two apps mentioned won't work I think I'm going to root the replacement and start over.
    You don't need root to use the SDK + ADB backup but its kind of a hassle if thats the only reason you're installing the SDK.

I'd recommend something like AppBrain to backup apps and their data, if you don't want to go the SDK route.

For future reference, if you ever plan to root the phone I'd recommend unlocking the bootloader when you first get it because it 100% wipes the device clean in doing so. If you don't plan to root, don't bother though.
    LG Nexus 5 / LG Nexus 4 / HTC One / Sony Xperia ZL // T-Mobile / AT&T