Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Email Problems

g-reno

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
The stock Email app on the Samsung Galaxy Nexus is giving me a number of problems.

Everyday when I first open the app it is sitting there "Loading..." and stays like that.

The only way I've found to fix this is to reboot the phone and then go into Email | Settings and redo the Incoming settings.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

johnsma22

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I had that problem with the stock email app when I had my Fascinate. I got K9 email from the market and never looked back. Never even tried the stock app when I got my GN. K9 works perfectly on my GN as well.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
What kinda of email and protocol are you using (IMAP or POP)? I'm assuming something is wrong with sync or your incoming settings so it won't pull email from the server properly.

g-reno

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
It's POP3 email to Verizon email servers.

The settings are the same as all my other email clients such as Thunderbird on my laptop. And they work fine all day.

But overnight something happens and then in the morning GN Email just shows "Loading..." without ever loading any email.

JDWallace

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site
I'm not 100% sure that is the problem, lol, but forwarding to Gmail would most likely help. I have a pop3 email with my business and it is a little slower than the Gmail when it comes to updating, and that is with the refresh turned down.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Not to hijack here. But the issue I have is in Gmail I can only read new messages in my all mail folder not in my inbox. All stock gnex. I could get new mail in my inbox on my tbolt, don't know how to fix this.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon