Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP R 23/francokernel

Default Target Contact Account

Hi,

I'm banging my head trying to figure this out in the People app on ICS. I have a contact from a GAL directory search that I want to add to another account. I pressed "Copy to My Contacts" which doesn't give the opportunity to choose which account to copy to. I've tried opening the contact afterwards and changing the account (moving the contact from one account to another). There seems to be no way to change which account a contact should belong to. Well, I tried "sharing" the contact with my self by email. When I imported the contact I was again not allowed to pick account and it ended up in the same one from where I shared it, as a duplicate (I've also tried deleting the contact after export and before import).

So, please, if anyone can enlighten me:
    * How do I move or copy a contact from one account to another?
    * How can I select an account when importing a contact?
    * How can I select an account when copying a contact from a directory search?

I'm running AOKP B 24, with gapps 2012-02-15.

Default Re: Target Contact Account

I would think your best bet would be to export\import the contact via www.gmail.com. The phone interface is definitely limited in certain functionality.