Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP Milestone 6

Default Where to get extended battery from?

Where can I get an extended battery and cover for my GNex that doesn't say AT&T or Verizon or any other carrier. Just Google and Samsung like my current battery cover does.

Default Re: Where to get extended battery from?

Assuming you have a GSM model if yours just says Samsung and Google on it....

If you have i9250 then eBay has them all over for about $45 shipped. 2000mAh battery + cover. Anything less than $40 is probably a knockoff.

This is the cheapest one I found in a quick search: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-SAMS...ht_2381wt_1002

FWIW there is no such thing as a battery cover that says "AT&T" on it, lol as AT&T doesn't sell the phone. And the Verizon model (i515) batteries/covers don't fit the GSM (and vice versa)
    LG Nexus 5 / Galaxy S5 // T-Mobile / AT&T
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP Milestone 6

Quote Originally Posted by martonikaj View Post
    Assuming you have a GSM model if yours just says Samsung and Google on it....

If you have i9250 then eBay has them all over for about $45 shipped. 2000mAh battery + cover. Anything less than $40 is probably a knockoff.

This is the cheapest one I found in a quick search: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-SAMS...ht_2381wt_1002

FWIW there is no such thing as a battery cover that says "AT&T" on it, lol as AT&T doesn't sell the phone. And the Verizon model (i515) batteries/covers don't fit the GSM (and vice versa)
    Ordered one for $42 I think it was. Sorry I didn't know that AT&T don't sell it. Not from/in the US. Really looking forward to using this especially since it doesn't add any bulk

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by 3ibs View Post
    Ordered one for $42 I think it was. Sorry I didn't know that AT&T don't sell it. Not from/in the US. Really looking forward to using this especially since it doesn't add any bulk

Ya it's pretty slick. Been thinking about getting one as well. Makes you wonder why this isn't the stock battery. It fits the device really well.

Global Posts
    17 Global Posts

Seido just made a 3800 extended for the lte verizon version. It adds some serious size tot he phone though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP Milestone 6

Quote Originally Posted by lk2race View Post
    Seido just made a 3800 extended for the lte verizon version. It adds some serious size tot he phone though.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    Yeah I saw that but it's huge and looks hideous. Also, I'm using a GSM GNex

Amazon Wireless is where I buy my batteries. Never had a problem or knock off, and best off all it goes thru amazon so if you do have a problem, customer service will be all over it.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP Milestone 6

Quote Originally Posted by dmchenry35 View Post
    Amazon Wireless is where I buy my batteries. Never had a problem or knock off, and best off all it goes thru amazon so if you do have a problem, customer service will be all over it.
    I couldn't find any for my GSM nexus. The user I ordered from on eBay has a good rating and the package was dispatched so hopefully it'll all work out.

I couldn't find any for my GSM nexus. The user I ordered from on eBay has a good rating and the package was dispatched so hopefully it'll all work out.

They're not gonna have i9250 batteries (or batteries for most int'l versions). eBay is the best bet..
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP Milestone 6

They're not gonna have i9250 batteries (or batteries for most int'l versions). eBay is the best bet..
    I'm just a bit skeptical because it not from Samsung or a known electronics store. Only time will tell

I'm just a bit skeptical because it not from Samsung or a known electronics store. Only time will tell
    1000s have people have been buying these from eBay. They're from Korean resellers and they're official batteries. I wouldn't be worried.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP Milestone 6

1000s have people have been buying these from eBay. They're from Korean resellers and they're official batteries. I wouldn't be worried.
    Yeah it's from South Korea. Can't wait to start using this! This was my last charge cycle

Where to get extended battery from?-6dff6e03-7590-e24b.jpg

Where to get extended battery from?-6dff6e03-759d-3b9e.jpg

Where to get extended battery from?-6dff6e03-75b4-b8fb.jpg