App badges like iOS

3ibs

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
I am loving Android so far but one thing I miss from iOS is app badges to tell you how many notifications you have for each app. I know that GO Launcer EX Notifications does this but it only works for calls, gmail and texts. Is there something similar but for all apps?

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Not really because there is no central settings panel for notifications that the system has that would be able to scan all apps and tell you.

This really is what the notifications bar is for...

3ibs

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
Not really because there is no central settings panel for notifications that the system has that would be able to scan all apps and tell you.

This really is what the notifications bar is for...

I really like the notification bar and how it works. I guess maybe I should just get used to how Android works.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
I really like the notification bar and how it works. I guess maybe I should just get used to how Android works.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Just don't get dismiss-happy with it. Leave notifications there till you're ready to deal with them. I rarely use the X to dismiss them all at once.

Its SO much more efficient to have them all in one place then all over the individual apps.

3ibs

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
Just don't get dismiss-happy with it. Leave notifications there till you're ready to deal with them. I rarely use the X to dismiss them all at once.

Its SO much more efficient to have them all in one place then all over the individual apps.

Haha yeah no I don't usually do that. They aren't so obtrusive that I want to get rid of them. I rarely dismiss all of them together too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20