Android File Transfer on Mac

3ibs

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
I HATE this program. It rarely works on the first try. It keeps on not responding and I have to force kill it/plug and unplug my phone a couple times then it will work. Is there anything I can do to get it to work properly?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Try a different USB port. I get the same behavior with one USB port on my MBP, but when I use the other I never have any problems.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus

Reactions: 3ibs

3ibs

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
Try a different USB port. I get the same behavior with one USB port on my MBP, but when I use the other I never have any problems.

Ok so this is the first time I try it and it actually worked! I just hope it keeps working on this other usb port all the time and not just this once. Do you know why this is happening or how to fix it? And thanks for the suggestion, it was really getting on my nerves.

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Ok so this is the first time I try it and it actually worked! I just hope it keeps working on this other usb port all the time and not just this once. Do you know why this is happening or how to fix it? And thanks for the suggestion, it was really getting on my nerves.

I believe different USB ports are supplied different amounts of power, so you have to find the one that the GN/AFT likes. If this is indeed the case then the cause is hardware based and there's nothing you can do but continue to use the port that works.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
My only problem with it is trying to use it when the phone has a pin-enabled lockscreen. I mean I understand the reasoning behind it, but it's still a PITA.

phyl0x

Jun 11, 2011
Visit site
I also have a macbook pro (15' 2010 model), and only the port closer to the screen works correctly with my phone...is this the same port that everyone else i having luck with?

3ibs

Feb 25, 2012
Visit site
I also have a macbook pro (15' 2010 model), and only the port closer to the screen works correctly with my phone...is this the same port that everyone else i having luck with?

I'm on a late 2010 11" MacBook Air and the right sided port is the one working properly

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site

Yup, same port I use on my MBP.

rsohne

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
My 2011 Mac Mini server works without issue. You may want to try Parallels also. I am able to install roms and use adb with it. It was a big surprise to how well it worked.

jimmiegeddes

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
My 2011 Mac Mini server works without issue. You may want to try Parallels also. I am able to install roms and use adb with it. It was a big surprise to how well it worked.

<P>He might be right, I'm running my Galaxy Nexus on my MacBook Air using Parallels and have no issues at all.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad