1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP Milestone 6

Default Android File Transfer on Mac

I HATE this program. It rarely works on the first try. It keeps on not responding and I have to force kill it/plug and unplug my phone a couple times then it will work. Is there anything I can do to get it to work properly?

Try a different USB port. I get the same behavior with one USB port on my MBP, but when I use the other I never have any problems.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus
    Thanked by:
    3ibs 
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP Milestone 6

Default Re: Android File Transfer on Mac

Quote Originally Posted by ragnarokx View Post
    Try a different USB port. I get the same behavior with one USB port on my MBP, but when I use the other I never have any problems.

Ok so this is the first time I try it and it actually worked! I just hope it keeps working on this other usb port all the time and not just this once. Do you know why this is happening or how to fix it? And thanks for the suggestion, it was really getting on my nerves.

Quote Originally Posted by 3ibs View Post
    Ok so this is the first time I try it and it actually worked! I just hope it keeps working on this other usb port all the time and not just this once. Do you know why this is happening or how to fix it? And thanks for the suggestion, it was really getting on my nerves.
    I believe different USB ports are supplied different amounts of power, so you have to find the one that the GN/AFT likes. If this is indeed the case then the cause is hardware based and there's nothing you can do but continue to use the port that works.
    Retired Moderator

ROM
    What do you think?

My only problem with it is trying to use it when the phone has a pin-enabled lockscreen. I mean I understand the reasoning behind it, but it's still a PITA.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP Milestone 6

Quote Originally Posted by dmmarck View Post
    My only problem with it is trying to use it when the phone has a pin-enabled lockscreen. I mean I understand the reasoning behind it, but it's still a PITA.
    Don't have that problem since I'm using slide

I also have a macbook pro (15' 2010 model), and only the port closer to the screen works correctly with my phone...is this the same port that everyone else i having luck with?
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    ROM
    AOKP Milestone 6

Quote Originally Posted by phyl0x View Post
    I also have a macbook pro (15' 2010 model), and only the port closer to the screen works correctly with my phone...is this the same port that everyone else i having luck with?
    I'm on a late 2010 11" MacBook Air and the right sided port is the one working properly

Quote Originally Posted by phyl0x View Post
    Yup, same port I use on my MBP.

On my MackBook Air late 2010 11" both ports work perfectly with Android File Transfer and my Verizon Galaxy Nexus.

My 2011 Mac Mini server works without issue. You may want to try Parallels also. I am able to install roms and use adb with it. It was a big surprise to how well it worked.

Quote Originally Posted by rsohne View Post
    My 2011 Mac Mini server works without issue. You may want to try Parallels also. I am able to install roms and use adb with it. It was a big surprise to how well it worked.
    <P>He might be right, I'm running my Galaxy Nexus on my MacBook Air using Parallels and have no issues at all.