Why it is the best phone I have ever used

VertuLion

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Dear All
Since 2001, when I got my first phone, I have used over 200 phones from all brands and operating systems. For a very long time ive been a Blackberry addict, and to be honest I still am. My introduction to Android devices was with T-Mobile G1 and step by step i came closer to the Android OS as my ideal OS. Now, after 3 weeks of using a Google Nexus, I have no doubts: this is the best phone i have ever used.

But such a bold statement needs substance. Well: for starters 4.0 is the best OS i have used in any device so far. Blackberry os is too miserable for mention, and iOS looks like a playground after the Ice Cream Sandwich. The widgets, uninstall on screen option and many other features in 4.0 makes everything so much better. But in order to run such a good OS you need a superb smartphone and that is what I call the Google Nexus. It has that beautiful screen, powerful processor and a very responsive UI. I had seen the first Nexus years ago and it didnt impress me much but man, this one really blew my mind. And i wish I was a developer, im quite sure I am just being little bits and pieces of this powerhouse by just being a normal user.

The battery is sometimes not enough for me and thats because I cant have enough of this piece of art. I love the hardware and the software and I hope everyone will see what a real gem this Nexus is.

Thanks to the efforts of all those who worked on this, their job is truly admirable.

Wicket

Aug 14, 2010
Visit site
I've had mine since it launched and couldn't agree with you more! I loved my Droid Incredible (especially after root and OMGB) but the Nexus (though I did root) is perfect the way it is IMHO. ^_^

FrasierCrane

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm a Verizon Galaxy Nexus owner, and I can't say I'm quite as enthusiastic, although it's certainly excellent. Android 4.0 is a big advance, the hardware is good, and the screen is fantastic, but:

* That camera. Zero shutter lag is great, but it would be more impressive if the resulting pictures looked better. Sure, it's adequate for taking pictures of food and signs with comical errors, but anything beyond that is dicey.

* I live in a relatively low-signal area, and I've had some radio issues (texts not sending; missed calls where the phone doesn't ring at all, like in that crappy horror movie). With any luck, the next update will help with this.

* It's not the phone's fault per se, but I've been disappointed at how many well-known apps just don't run on the Nexus (e.g. Ultimate Guitar Tabs, NBA Gametime, JamBox after the last update). This is an issue that time should help with, though, and at least Roy Hawkins' Rooster Fighter works.

* Seriously, that camera. I really don't have high standards here, but my last phone was an original-recipe Incredible, and the Nexus camera is considerably worse. I'm frankly embarrassed to send random internet women the blurry, misbalanced shirtless pictures I take with it.

I'm not at all sorry I got the Nexus, but it definitely has its flaws.

Reactions: anthony2558

hmackenz

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Except for the camera, I absolutely love this phone. I'm sure my enthusiasm for the Tbolt was starting to fade this long after its release, but I would still recommend the Nexus highly to anyone looking for a new phone, unless they "need" a really good camera (in which case I'd probably suggest the iPhone 4S - I've been very impressed with some photos friends have managed to take with the thing) or a 3300 mAh battery (or whatever the RAZR MAXX has). The only time I feel the thing slow down is when I press the recent apps icon. It handles everything else extremely well and with such smoothness :)

Reactions: mostlyharmlessnj

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Seriously, 200 phones since 2001. just because you touched a phone on display at a wireless store dose not mean you "used" 200 phones. The GNex is a nice phone, I had it for about 3 months. But by no means was it the best phone I have ever used.

cj100570

Spoken Word?
Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
Seriously, 200 phones since 2001. just because you touched a phone on display at a wireless store dose not mean you "used" 200 phones. The GNex is a nice phone, I had it for about 3 months. But by no means was it the best phone I have ever used.

To each his own. Ones mans garbage is another mans treasure. I agree with the OP. I've owned 110 smartphones since 2002; Android, iOS, Blackberry, WM, WP7, and Symbian. I too agree that the Galaxy Nexus is by far the best smartphone to date.

jimmiegeddes

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Nice 1st Post - Still waiting over here on Sprint to get mine.:-\
You're going to love it.

After receiving a review device from Samsung I left Sprint for Verizon (7 years with Sprint), the Galaxy Nexus was worth the switch. I finally got to use Google Wallet this week after it hadn't been working on Verizon Galaxy Nexus' for a little while (very cool). I switched to the Verizon Galaxy Nexus because it felt ahead of its time and after owning it for a few months it still feels ahead of its time.

anon251163

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
I've had my GNEX for about a month now, and while I think the screen is gorgeous and ICS is amazing, I can't say it's the best phone I've every used. That title still goes to my EVO 4G. I find that my GNEX is a little laggy at times, and the OS is not as smooth as I would have expected. The keyboard sometimes can't keep up with me, the auto-rotate is embarrassingly slow, and I don't even want to open the can of worms that is the quality of the camera. And the battery life really is just awful. I have yet to see it perform better than my rooted EVO 4G running CM7. Hopefully after I root and put CM9 on it, the performance issues will be alleviated, just waiting for the first stable version to drop.

VertuLion

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
I can't agree more with the camera! With such a good screen they should have tried to have a better camera. I owned and used all those 200 plus phones and the 4S was one of them and had the best camera ever.

Anyways I don't think the camera should be the determining factor while reviewing a smartphone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Evil Hamster

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
My only complaint with this phone is the speaker. At full volume, it's still hard to hear when the phone is ringing and impossible to use speakerphone.

VertuLion

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
My only complaint with this phone is the speaker. At full volume, it's still hard to hear when the phone is ringing and impossible to use speakerphone.

Hey I had a similar problem try increasing the volume from the volume jacket button sometimes it goes down by itself.

VertuLion

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Nope these are the true opinions of someone who truly enjoys his device which is rare considering how companies try to create users for their products instead of doing the opposite.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463