My Galaxy Nexus Review

mrxniick

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
I just wanted to share my review with you guys and get some feedback. I have been an Android user ever since the Nexus One, and purchased a HSPA+ Galaxy Nexus. I just wanted to post my review here and see what you guys think. I appraoched it more as a review of the overall experience of using the device and the state of the Android plattform, instead of a more technical review

Any feedback (positive or negative) would be appreciated!

Samsung Galaxy Nexus Review (GSM) | Portable Digest

MichRick1

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
Thanks so much for the review. I agree with everything you said except my power button does not have that "mushy" feel you described. It works very smartly and provides good tactile feedback. I used Android from day 1 with the old glass and steel Motorola Droid. Moved on to the Droid X and Android 2.0. Upgraded to a Thunderbolt and hated the phone so much, I made Verizon take it back and replace it with an iPhone which I had been happily using for the past 10 months. Apple's ios is amazing but I got sick of the small screen and no 4G. I bought the Galaxy Nexus with the thought I would probably return it after a week, but guess what ?? It is the greatest phone I have ever owned and no one is going to pry it out of my hands. Yes, sometimes the movement on the screen is not quite as smooth as ios when I play my games, but the 4G speed is wonderful and the gps for google maps is so fast. There was always a long wait on my iPhone while it searched for a satellite. Not so with the Nexus, instantaneous turn by turn directions and never the annoying "we lost the signal" I had with my iPhone 4. :D

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the great review. Well mostly thanks. A wee bit of "Arrrggghhh!" factor, which I'll get to in a bit

The more I read, the more I think this is going to be THE phone for me. First Android. Second smartphone (first was an antique 8130 - laggy, slow, but I learned to rely on its features that a feature phone doesn't offer). It seems like ICS is a great place for people new to Android to get their feet wet. And factor in that its a NEXUS device - coupled with the wonderful 3 year contracts we have in Canada - means long term updates make it more of a winner.

My only beef is that I can't get one -- yet. I love my carrier (great pricing, awesome customer service) but they don't have HSPA+ ready in my area. Its coming soon.... but not yet. And I don't want to give up that great customer care over the long term by switching to a different carrier that has the device (and '4g') but a horrible reputation for screwing their customers.

So thanks... It makes me realize that this is going to be a great device for me :D but it does make waiting for it even harder :(

mrxniick

Mar 16, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback everyone... i really appreciate that you took the time to read it, and post feedback here :)

and @ dancing-bass... sorry about making you want the Nexus more. On the brightside though, by waiting you can at least see what the Galaxy S3 will be like

dancing-bass

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the feedback everyone... i really appreciate that you took the time to read it, and post feedback here :)

and @ dancing-bass... sorry about making you want the Nexus more. On the brightside though, by waiting you can at least see what the Galaxy S3 will be like

Yes, the SGS II, HTC's ONE series, and whatever else happens to come out in the next little while! (I might get flamed for saying this but the iPhone 5 rumors have me curious!)

TBolt

Oct 19, 2009
Visit site
Yes, the SGS II, HTC's ONE series, and whatever else happens to come out in the next little while! (I might get flamed for saying this but the iPhone 5 rumors have me curious!)

Nothing wrong with being curious about the iPhone. Whatever works for you.

I won't even touch a tablet until I see what Win8 brings to the table.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc