Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Default Re: Did you get the 4.0.4 update yet?

No I haven't received yet, I am searching for same, since long. If anybody can get please share the link. Thanks.

Anyone else still waiting for their OTA update to 4.04? Still haven't received mine yet I see there is already another small update that just came out. I tried all those tips about the google services framework stuff and still can't get the update. I realize I could unlock the bootloader but prefer not to. Also I am on yakju so I am on the update track. Anyone still waiting and anyone with any idea when it might come?

Got mine yesterday. Yakju build. I'm in VA by the way.

Just got the update last night, after totally giving up on Google. I have the GSM version, "yakju". So far, too early to tell about battery life, but the auto rotate problem has been fixed, ringer options when pressing the power button, and snappier resonse. Also, added the bookmark option to the browser so I don't have to select 'new tab' to get to the bookmark link, which was so ridiculous.

It sure took long enough, but now that I'm on 4.04, I'll cut Google some slack over their updates.

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I just got mine. GSM unlocked yakju on T-Mo.

And it did update to 4.0.4 Build IMM76I, so that's probably why it took a bit. I assume they halted the update to those who didn't get 4.0.4 until the new build came out.
    Follow me on Twitter & Instagram @EvanR32

Just got mine. Calendar widget improved--now shows all day (untimed) events.

So far, so good.
    1995-Newton Message Pad 2000 | 1998-Palm V | 1999-Palm V8 (upgrade) | 2000-Palm m505 | 2001-Palm m515 | 2003-Kyocera 7135 | 2004-Treo 600 (woc) | 2006-Treo 700p (wc) | 2007-Treo 680 (wc) | 2008-Another Treo 680 (wc) (unlocked) | 2010-Google Nexus One | 2011-NookColor (hacked) | 2012-Galaxy Nexus | 2012-Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 wifi

Just got my update last night and I checked the build and it including the minor update that some others who already had 4.04 were getting.

got mine yesterday morning, finally fixed the deleted draft msg in sms. Also full support for the landscape dock and liking the screenshot during video recording on your camera.
    LCW

Global Posts
    1,360 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB 4.1.1 (JRO03C)

got my unlocked gnexus yesterday... about screen showed 4.0.4 upon first power-on but also got a notification about 30 minutes afterwards about 4.0.4 update... i updated anyways... so not sure what the deal was??

EDIT: ah... found some info from another thread...

http://www.androidpolice.com/2012/04...signal-issues/
    Last edited by mi_canuck; 04-27-2012 at 12:59 PM.
    ***SOLD but not forgotten***
    Google Nexus One

Quote Originally Posted by mi_canuck View Post
    got my unlocked gnexus yesterday... about screen showed 4.0.4 upon first power-on but also got a notification about 30 minutes afterwards about 4.0.4 update... i updated anyways... so not sure what the deal was??

EDIT: ah... found some info from another thread...

Small OTA Update (Build IMM76I) Rolling Out To The Unlocked GSM Galaxy Nexus (Yakju), Reportedly Fixes Dropped Signal Issues
    I just got my nexus today and same thing happened to me...4.0.4 seems good so far!

Global Posts
    386 Global Posts

Got mine today. I'm on a yakju version.

Anyone having rebooting problems? I've had a few random shutdowns in the last two days...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    LCW

Global Posts
    1,360 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB 4.1.1 (JRO03C)

I had one on the first day (Thurs). Been trouble free since.
    ***SOLD but not forgotten***
    Google Nexus One

I've had the message about the 4.0.4 update come up after the past few days. Tried letting it install every time, but my phone only gets as far as the Google screen and it just freezes. A battery pull gets me back to the phone running as normal, but then when I check for a system update it says everything is up to date, even though I'm clearly stuck on 4.0.2. Didn't have this problem when I updated from 0.1 to 0.2, and I'm running yakju.

Was wondering whether an app could be causing a problem, as I'm stuck on what else could be causing my GNex to freeze. Contemplating a factory reset which I know will wipe everything, but at least I can unlock the bootloader while I'm at it.

Any suggestions on what could be causing my phone to freeze and not update are gratefully appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by olliex11 View Post
    I've had the message about the 4.0.4 update come up after the past few days. Tried letting it install every time, but my phone only gets as far as the Google screen and it just freezes. A battery pull gets me back to the phone running as normal, but then when I check for a system update it says everything is up to date, even though I'm clearly stuck on 4.0.2. Didn't have this problem when I updated from 0.1 to 0.2, and I'm running yakju.

Was wondering whether an app could be causing a problem, as I'm stuck on what else could be causing my GNex to freeze. Contemplating a factory reset which I know will wipe everything, but at least I can unlock the bootloader while I'm at it.

Any suggestions on what could be causing my phone to freeze and not update are gratefully appreciated!
    I am having the same issue. It downloads the new version and then gets stuck on the Google splash screen with the padlock at the bottom. It did this once and I did the forced method that was discussed here. It gave me the upgrade option again and it locked up again.

Battery pull and I am back on 4.02 again.

I have the GSM Yakju Galaxy Nexus and my OTA update came about four days ago. I'm not happy with it. My mobile and wireless reception has gotten worse. Also my battery life is not as good. I'm thinking about installing a custom ROM or falling back to 4.0.2 (icl53f). Is anyone else seeing these issues?
  17. Thread Author  Thread Author    #42  

Global Posts
    861 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

I couldn't resisit the $399 offer so I purchased and just received my new GN from Google Play
    As many have already mentioned within minutes after getting my GN set up I recieved an update message, which updated without issue.
    So far so good, and just as smooth as I remember my previous GN to be

Interesting: Downloaded Android System info and noticed under system OS that I am on "takju" vs. "yakju" since it updated fine I am not going to change it.

Please consider unlocking and root.
    The Galaxy Nexus is crazy as you know...
    but WoW!

sent from a Android device
    I'm always on!
    dmmarck likes this.

Does the CHECKIN feature work?

Quote Originally Posted by pounder001 View Post
    Interesting: Downloaded Android System info and noticed under system OS that I am on "takju" vs. "yakju" since it updated fine I am not going to change it.
    Takju is the US version of Galaxy Nexus (the ones bought from Google directly). Don't believe the Update Checker. Takju is a Google build, which comes straight from Google. You can download the stock image from them if you wanted to. The link is right next to the YAKJU build.

The difference? TAKJU as Wallet built in, YAKJU doesn't. That's it. I flashed TAKJU so I could pretend I got my EU phone directly from Google (oh, and so I could have Wallet. It doesn't show up in the market with T-Mo, and the "browser trick" seems to have been patched)
    Thanked by 2:

Well I decided to take the plunge and unlock my bootloader. Why I never did it when I first got the phone I'll never know... (on a side note, when I tried a factory reset that didn't work either)

Followed the quide on here about unlocking, and then followed the guide that Alex wrote on upgrading from 0.2 to 0.4 (both well written and easy to follow with minimal effort required really) and everything works a treat now. So I'm a happy owner again
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  

Global Posts
    861 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Thumbs up Re: Did you get the 4.0.4 update yet?

Quote Originally Posted by font1975 View Post
    Takju is the US version of Galaxy Nexus (the ones bought from Google directly). Don't believe the Update Checker. Takju is a Google build, which comes straight from Google. You can download the stock image from them if you wanted to. The link is right next to the YAKJU build.

The difference? TAKJU as Wallet built in, YAKJU doesn't. That's it. I flashed TAKJU so I could pretend I got my EU phone directly from Google (oh, and so I could have Wallet. It doesn't show up in the market with T-Mo, and the "browser trick" seems to have been patched)
    I didn't know that good information, thanks for sharing

got my 4.0.4 a week ago , but its caused more problems than its helped , following apps now fail or crash , plants v zombies , filmon , euronews , livestation ( mainly any streaming app has sound but no picture ) when i bought my nexus it had 4.0.2 , and all my apps worked , guess if your nexus is working perfectly then dont upgrade as it might be a mistake like i have.

Quote Originally Posted by nipper_net View Post
    got my 4.0.4 a week ago , but its caused more problems than its helped , following apps now fail or crash , plants v zombies , filmon , euronews , livestation ( mainly any streaming app has sound but no picture ) when i bought my nexus it had 4.0.2 , and all my apps worked , guess if your nexus is working perfectly then dont upgrade as it might be a mistake like i have.
    I'll bet that's why the non-yakju devices never got the update. My guess is they send out another yakju update and see how it does before the non-yakju ever see 4.0.4. There just seems to be too many problems with 4.0.4 right now.

i have yakju and my phone updated to 4.0.4 while in Jamaica in the resort lobby. my wife has the exact phone didn't bring it with her and shes still on 4.0.1 odd?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast