Did you get the 4.0.4 update yet?

lmf1030

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Got the update Monday night. Much faster response. Just wish they added a restart option to restart the phone. Battery life did not improve. :(

lsutigers03

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I forced it last night with the following method which worked perfectly. It take no credit for this method since found it on a post.
Go to settings,?apps, click on All. Scroll down to Google Framework Services and click on it. Press Force Stop, and then Clear Data. Now settings, phone, check upgrade. May need to do it twice.

After 10 minutes my phone was upgraded.
Makes me wonder why google doesn't clear data automatically in framework services.

Bill

Worked for me

gotice

Jan 26, 2010
Visit site
Will this work on Verizon nexus?

I forced it last night with the following method which worked perfectly. It take no credit for this method since found it on a post.
Go to settings,?apps, click on All. Scroll down to Google Framework Services and click on it. Press Force Stop, and then Clear Data. Now settings, phone, check upgrade. May need to do it twice.

After 10 minutes my phone was upgraded.
Makes me wonder why google doesn't clear data automatically in framework services.

Bill

theween04

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else still waiting for their OTA update to 4.04? Still haven't received mine yet I see there is already another small update that just came out. I tried all those tips about the google services framework stuff and still can't get the update. I realize I could unlock the bootloader but prefer not to. Also I am on yakju so I am on the update track. Anyone still waiting and anyone with any idea when it might come?

Gehan99

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
Just got the update last night, after totally giving up on Google. I have the GSM version, "yakju". So far, too early to tell about battery life, but the auto rotate problem has been fixed, ringer options when pressing the power button, and snappier resonse. Also, added the bookmark option to the browser so I don't have to select 'new tab' to get to the bookmark link, which was so ridiculous.

It sure took long enough, but now that I'm on 4.04, I'll cut Google some slack over their updates.

EvanJ18

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
I just got mine. GSM unlocked yakju on T-Mo.

And it did update to 4.0.4 Build IMM76I, so that's probably why it took a bit. I assume they halted the update to those who didn't get 4.0.4 until the new build came out.

theween04

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Just got my update last night and I checked the build and it including the minor update that some others who already had 4.04 were getting.

pureazian626

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
got mine yesterday morning, finally fixed the deleted draft msg in sms. Also full support for the landscape dock and liking the screenshot during video recording on your camera.

08BlackWRX

May 21, 2011
Visit site
got my unlocked gnexus yesterday... about screen showed 4.0.4 upon first power-on but also got a notification about 30 minutes afterwards about 4.0.4 update... i updated anyways... so not sure what the deal was??

EDIT: ah... found some info from another thread...

Small OTA Update (Build IMM76I) Rolling Out To The Unlocked GSM Galaxy Nexus (Yakju), Reportedly Fixes Dropped Signal Issues

I just got my nexus today and same thing happened to me...4.0.4 seems good so far!

08BlackWRX

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having rebooting problems? I've had a few random shutdowns in the last two days...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

olliex11

Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I've had the message about the 4.0.4 update come up after the past few days. Tried letting it install every time, but my phone only gets as far as the Google screen and it just freezes. A battery pull gets me back to the phone running as normal, but then when I check for a system update it says everything is up to date, even though I'm clearly stuck on 4.0.2. Didn't have this problem when I updated from 0.1 to 0.2, and I'm running yakju.

Was wondering whether an app could be causing a problem, as I'm stuck on what else could be causing my GNex to freeze. Contemplating a factory reset which I know will wipe everything, but at least I can unlock the bootloader while I'm at it.

Any suggestions on what could be causing my phone to freeze and not update are gratefully appreciated!

techie1961

Oct 30, 2011
Visit site
I've had the message about the 4.0.4 update come up after the past few days. Tried letting it install every time, but my phone only gets as far as the Google screen and it just freezes. A battery pull gets me back to the phone running as normal, but then when I check for a system update it says everything is up to date, even though I'm clearly stuck on 4.0.2. Didn't have this problem when I updated from 0.1 to 0.2, and I'm running yakju.

Was wondering whether an app could be causing a problem, as I'm stuck on what else could be causing my GNex to freeze. Contemplating a factory reset which I know will wipe everything, but at least I can unlock the bootloader while I'm at it.

Any suggestions on what could be causing my phone to freeze and not update are gratefully appreciated!

I am having the same issue. It downloads the new version and then gets stuck on the Google splash screen with the padlock at the bottom. It did this once and I did the forced method that was discussed here. It gave me the upgrade option again and it locked up again.

Battery pull and I am back on 4.02 again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12