Radio issues after updating to 4.0.4
07-24-2012 10:17 PM
- The 4.0.4 update is pretty awesome, but have been facing a major issue.
When I lock the phone, after a few minutes, the phone loses signal and shows an 'X' in the signal bars thingy..
But, when I turn on the screen, I get full network (-60 dBm 24-25 asu) with the phone in the exact same place, within seconds..
I find this extremely annoying considering the good stuff of 4.0.4.
Any help would be highly appreciated.
Update: The issue seems to reduce drastically almost to disappearing when connected to power source..04-01-2012 10:38 AM
- I had this issue as well. The only fix I found was to set the CPU min speed to 700mhz. Or you could use fugumod custom kernel which will allow u to keep the CPU min at 350. I think I am going to do a warranty exchange because the phone should not be doing this.
Hope that helps.04-02-2012 01:21 PM
Its just like how some CPU's cannot be overclocked as much as others, although in this case the product (phone in this case) does not work as advertised where as a CPU is never advertised as being able to OC beyond factory settings.04-04-2012 10:21 PM
- 04-05-2012 02:09 PM
- So far full bar on my end. But like the one guy said it could be the phone. IF it was the software then everyone I mean everyone will have this problem.
And since a few here have the issue and a few there don't. I think it's the phone or the people flashing it. To many variables to say. I know I had this drop problem before I flash to Yakju. Ever since then no problems.04-06-2012 10:19 AM
- You will get a kick out of this...
First my specs:
I515.10 V.FCO4 / I515.FC05
android-build@vpbs1 #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Apr 13th 11:35:09 PDT 2012
Maybe the Friday the 13th boot has my phone possessed
I live in Wilmington, NC (4g is solid here) and coming off of a HTC Thunderbolt to a GNex, which is now 3 weeks old. Let me preface by saying I love my GNex and quiet tech savvy. My radio drops completely once or twice a day sometimes more. Straight disconnect then have to wait 2 - 4 mins for it to turn back on. It's a clear radio failure. Happens at my office, car ride home, and at my house. All places I RARELY had an issue with on my Thunderbolt. 25 drops over the last 23 days averaging from -68dBm to -120dBM and 1 to 99 asu when I get signal back. Clearly an issue with the phone as my girl has an iPhone 4 running iOS 5 and doesn't drop when next to me while riding or at the house. BTW... We share an account with VZW.
So after an hour convo with VZW tech we conference in with Samsung tech and they both admit there is an open issue about this with GNex and Samsung engineers are attempting a software fix. Apparently there is a new build hoping to be pushed IMM76Q with is supposed to rectify the issue. The Samsung tech and VZW tech says this info was received off of public forums. I literally laughed at them! I asked "So I get this brand new GREAT phone from Samsung which has a known issue and your telling me to be patient and wait for a possible fix??? And your getting your info off of a public forum???" "This is the customer service I get from what is supposed to be a great electronic powerhouse???" A phone is still supposed to work as a phone people!
Any suggestions out there??? Getting new hardware doesn't sound like it may help me unless they are BS'ing the hell outta me (very possible)???
Officially... This phone will be the last Samsung product I will ever purchase as the experience has been horrible with them. I am not an Apple fan but my girl has ZERO issues with her iPhone. Please someone talk me out of making a major trade!!!
Brian07-11-2012 11:23 AM
- I am on my 3rd Galaxy Nexus replacement from VZW. Each one still has the same radio issue. I use my phone for business and this is drive me crazy. VZW offered to replace it with another 4G device, but the only replacement I wanted was the Razor Maxx or Galaxy S III. Of course they weren't offering either of those phones. Big Red needs to get this fixed quick! Samsung offered me $200 for my GN, NOT! They said I could use the $$ to buy the Galaxy S III. SOUNDS FISHY!
Raleigh, NC (solid 4G area)07-24-2012 10:17 PM
- Google Hardware, Services & Apps
- More Google Devices & Services
- Google / Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Radio issues after updating to 4.0.4
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD