Force gsm galaxy nexus to 4.0.4.
06-02-2012 07:03 PM
- I cannot take credit for this solution but did it last night and now have 4.0.4 with no fuss.
Go to settings,apps, click on All. Scroll down to Google Framework Services and click on it. Press Force Stop, and then Clear Data. Now settings, phone, check upgrade. May need to do it twice.
No loss of data, no root necessary.
Oe it works as well for you.04-03-2012 03:02 PM
- Got to give many thanks to schwartzman93 on XDA's site for this. That's where I found it this morning. The How to force android 4.0.4 ota for verizon galaxy nexus, posted above, worked for me first time. Was on wireless at the time so not sure if that had any any effect. This should be front page news06-02-2012 08:06 AM
- It's strange that you would have to force the GSM Galaxy Nexus to update to 4.0.4. I purchased my Galaxy Nexus from the Google Play store about 3 weeks ago. Right after I turned it on, the phone was asking to install 4.0.4.
The Verizon Galaxy Nexus on the other hand is a different story.06-02-2012 09:51 AM
Since then I've rooted and flashed AOKP's current ROM, and happily have 4.0.406-02-2012 01:28 PM
- It didn't work for me (which is part of the reason I unlocked and rooted), but others may have had success. I have not idea when Samsung intends to update the yakuux builds. Before I rooted, I unlocked and flashed 4.0.4 yakju, and within 48hrs I was notified of updates to it. The notification came in while I was on 4G but I waited until I was on wifi to download it (which went great. quick download, reboot, and go). But as far as confirming forcing the update to yakuux, I repeat that it did NOT work for me. However I would suspect that the builds that are updated by Google (Yakju/Takju) will get updates sooner then Samsung-updated builds. I could be wrong on this though -- hoping someone can confirm this part?
Hope this info was helpful to you.06-02-2012 03:06 PM
- Not all GSM Gnex are from Google Play. Mine came from the carrier (Rogers) with 4.0.2. I tried forcing the 4.0.4 but since it was a yakuxx build -- updated by Samsung, not Google -- I gave up after trying it a few times a day, every day, for a week.
Since then I've rooted and flashed AOKP's current ROM, and happily have 4.0.406-02-2012 03:15 PM
Sent from my Nexus Prime06-02-2012 04:36 PM
- Just after I forced 4.0.4 on my verizon Galaxy Nexus I recieved a couple of notifications for apps that needed updating. I tried from the app itself and was getting a couple different error messages. Tried opening Play store from the browser and went to my apps there and both updated with no problem. Hope this helps anyone having this problem.06-02-2012 06:39 PM
- The framework trick never worked for me. I tried several times.
But i was never planning on staying on the uux build anyway. The next day i had takju with wallet. I'd recommend everyone to reflash their phones to the Google factory image at the very least. I did play with cm9, but ultimately decided to stay stock.
But i can understand not wanting to do it if you already have everything setup the way you want it.06-02-2012 07:03 PM
- Google Hardware, Services & Apps
- More Google Devices & Services
- Google / Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Force gsm galaxy nexus to 4.0.4.
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD