1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

Default Unlocked GNex or ATT version?

I was well prepared to leave behind my iPhone 4s for the HTC One X when I really started to look at the Nexus. I am a little impartial because I had the previous version. My question is what, if any, would be the benefit to wait for an ATT version as opposed to an unlocked version? Do you think the build (software) will be better with an ATT version? Do the majority of you think that this new info is just another rumor and ATT will never release their own version? Thanks!

Default Re: Unlocked GNex or ATT version?

I don't think AT&T will ever subsidize the Galaxy Nexus or have their own version so you might as well get the unlocked GSM version. Although from what I've been hearing about the One X I kind of what to sell my Galaxy Nexus and get the One X.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

So just more rumors then. One X eh? I really like the vanilla of the nexus. Not that I don't think the One X is pretty sweet, it just seems to be bloated with too much eye candy. The Nexus seems to be a mixed bag with those loving it, and those that are ready to part ways. Thanks for the opinion though.

Global Posts
    55 Global Posts

Probably the best you could hope for is it selling at best buy subsidized with no att involvement like with the nexus s, but even that seems like a longshot at this point.

So far HTC One X stats are in their favor. The main thing right with the ATT Gnex version trying to keep the full size sim for LTE. Since all LTE phones on ATT are mini sim cards. So I hope they do if they wind up going with a mini sim card. I would not be able swap my sim back and forth with my phones. I'm gonna wait for the Galaxy S3. And in my area their is no LTE coverage so I'm not to worry of getting a LTE phone and can't use LTE service.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

Thanks for the replies. So the only thing that would be different would be LTE then. I have used it before and its not that impressive. At least for my purposes that is. Expansys has like 200 (exaggeration) kinds. Which exact one should I pick up then?

Quote Originally Posted by lmf1030 View Post
    So far HTC One X stats are in their favor. The main thing right with the ATT Gnex version trying to keep the full size sim for LTE. Since all LTE phones on ATT are mini sim cards. So I hope they do if they wind up going with a mini sim card. I would not be able swap my sim back and forth with my phones. I'm gonna wait for the Galaxy S3. And in my area their is no LTE coverage so I'm not to worry of getting a LTE phone and can't use LTE service.
    The Skyrocket and Vivid are LTE and they use a regular sim.

I was going to get the GSM Nexus, but now that rumors of a AT&T LTE version have surfaced i may wait and see what shows...
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Global Posts
    77 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by 08BlackWRX View Post
    I was going to get the GSM Nexus, but now that rumors of a AT&T LTE version have surfaced i may wait and see what shows...
    Same here but many, if not most say that it is a pipe dream. I asked an ATT rep (I know they know nothing) and he said won't happen, and told me just to order the unlocked version. I'm torn.

Global Posts
    1,678 Global Posts
    ROM
    All stock right now

Quote Originally Posted by lmf1030 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers03 View Post
    The Skyrocket and Vivid are LTE and they use a regular sim.
    So does the Galaxy note.