GPS problems

shady909

Aug 2, 2010
Visit site
My issues started on Friday night when I left to see Batman. My phone would not get a lock until driving for about 20 minutes and then it began to work normally. I was out of town for travel so I really needed it.

I never had GPS problems before now and the issue still hasn't been resolved.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Although frustrating, glad to see here and on XDA that it's not just a problem with my phone. I was out trying to find some place I'd never been before with my friend who was driving, and they kept asking me to use my GPS...needless to say we kept driving straight forward for about 15-20 minutes, just waiting for Google Maps to ******* find us and give any sort of direction. It never did. Luckily, we found our way eventually.

Really hoping this gets acknowledged and fixed very quickly, because so far I've heard no Google acknowledgment, has anyone else?

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Haven't heard anything either from Google, but how often do they actually do that lol. Hopefully they're already on it...

lol! Good point...would be really nice though. Guess we'll just be kept in the dark. Have any blogs even mentioned it? Has AC? I've been out of the internet world for the past three days.

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
lol! Good point...would be really nice though. Guess we'll just be kept in the dark. Have any blogs even mentioned it? Has AC? I've been out of the internet world for the past three days.

Haven't seen it mentioned, but I haven't been following it that closely.

envmyz

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Location Services must be down or something. If you disable GPS and try using cell triangulation with maps it WILL NOT work, not even find the city you are located in.

My GSII would locate me to within a 1-2 mile radius using just cell towers.

I can care less about pin pointing myself, but trying to find "nearby" places for food and whatnot proves impossible without triangulation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21