Help with upgrading to 4.0.4

imnotajedi

May 24, 2011
Visit site
***Update: Phone was a yakjuw. I thought i checked and it was yakju. I'm dumb.****

I have a Verizon Nexus and did not have any problems unlocking, rooting, getting 4.0.4 and installing a ROM.

On the other hand my friend has a GSM version. I got it unlocked, Rooted, but having a tough time upgrading to 4.0.4. I cannot find a good source on a "how to". Even though I just did my phone I am having a brain fart on where and how I did that part. I know where to get the file for 4.0.4. Can anyone suggest where to go that has good instructions or even post the steps here for me. This is what is preventing the next step of installing the custom ROM.

I do understand that the downloads for the Verizon version and the GSM are different.

I unlocked, and rooted using Wug's toolkit.

Thanks

Last edited:

diverbelow

Jan 2, 2010
Visit site
On my Nexus S, I installed the 4.0.3 and tried to manual update to 4.0.4 with the OTA and got status 7. Read that Google is somehow not allowing manual updating but only OTA.

I read over at android forums, that you do the following: Works if you don't change anything in /system

1. Settings, apps, All
2. Scroll until you see Google Services Framework
3. Click on clear data and press ok
4. Proceed to About Phone, Status Update
5. You will see the last update was 12/31/1969
6. Press on Check Now and 4.0.4 should be downloading

When I did mine, I had to switch to a WiFi connection.

damage98

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Hi Diver,

I tried this, and when I do everything seems fine until after reboot, the little droid guy falls over and I have to remove the battery to get it to restart. My phone is GSM NTT Docomo version, with android 4.0.1

Any ideas

Thanks

On my Nexus S, I installed the 4.0.3 and tried to manual update to 4.0.4 with the OTA and got status 7. Read that Google is somehow not allowing manual updating but only OTA.

I read over at android forums, that you do the following: Works if you don't change anything in /system

1. Settings, apps, All
2. Scroll until you see Google Services Framework
3. Click on clear data and press ok
4. Proceed to About Phone, Status Update
5. You will see the last update was 12/31/1969
6. Press on Check Now and 4.0.4 should be downloading

When I did mine, I had to switch to a WiFi connection.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance