1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Should I Buy a Galaxy Nexus?

I want a 720p Phone but T-mobile doesn't have anything available at the moment, I`ve heard bad things about the G-nex s camera but I have actually thought about getting one so I wanted to get a little convincing.... Currently I can get a Gnex for about $400 off contract.

My question is.... should I get this phone or wait for the G4x or whatever is coming for T-mo that is 720p? How is the performance over all? how is the speed? how does the screen look? Thanks for the advice guys.

Dude gnex is 720p its awsome you can buy it. have it and you will recieve updates quickly compare to other phones
    And its screen is wow. And after 4.0.4 the battery is also good.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ROM
    CM 7.2 (Evo)

I got mine for a lot more than that and I don't regret it one bit. Go for it. Be aware that there are many people who will say that the camera is horrible. I don't take many pictures myself but I think it does a fine job.

Default Re: Should I Buy a Galaxy Nexus?

Google just started selling them today for $400 unlocked. That's pretty damn exciting. I'm interested to see if the prices at other retailers will drop to compete.

ROM
    Stock

I am glad to see Google selling devices again. I have renewed interest in the Galaxy Nexus at $400. I may get one through Play or maybe I will win the one that Android Central is giving away.

I was wondering if I should get it too and replace my aging SGS4G.

My only concern is if it being unlocked causes any issues and what the 4g speeds are with T mobile.

To the OP regarding the camera, here's a little anecdote from personal experience. It's not great, but in good light it can take some fantastic photos. Despite it not being that good overall I've been taking more and more photos with it.

The 720p screen is gorgeous, so don't worry about a thing there. Don't worry about "antiquated" hardware either, it's more than capable of running graphics intensive games out of the box (Shadow Gun, for instance) without a hitch. ICS runs like greased lightening and finally stock Android looks FAN-TAS-TIC.

Lastly, updates. I had a Nexus One (that I miss) that I sold for an HTC Desire Z. In the 8 months I had the Desire Z I never got as many point release updates as on my Galaxy Nexus, and the Desire Z had some terrible flaws and bugs with Sense and Gingerbread. I say go ahead
    If I've been of assistance help me get some more Dropbox space http://db.tt/AL3XE4e2
    Forums Emeritus

Global Posts
    13,813 Global Posts

I would absolutely get one. The phone is totally amazing.

If you were on AT&T, which you're not, I would tell you to get the One X. That's the only phone I would consider trading this in for.

GN on T-Mobile will be a difficult phone to top for some time to come.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteEyedWonder View Post
    I was wondering if I should get it too and replace my aging SGS4G.

My only concern is if it being unlocked causes any issues and what the 4g speeds are with T mobile.
    Not sure what issues "unlocked" would cause? It works just fine. And being a pentaband 3G radio, you could even take it to AT&T if you wanted. Or move to Canada ... or Holland.

As for T-Mo's "4G" .... the phone is HSPA+. Not sure off-hand of the top speed - check the specs page when you order - but in a small town 25 miles southwest of Houston, inside a metal building, I was getting about 6mb/s download speeds.

I guess that's not LTE speeds, but really, once you're getting >3mb/s, well, you're just being stingy! (tongue-in-cheek, here, folks!)